The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

Clyde.

It's good, but it's not quite "fans' favourite signing a pre-contract with bitter rivals while your chairman announces massive cutbacks" good. We'll be seeing you shortly VT, and I, for one, cannot wait for the influx of Harriott and Portillo-based content.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Berwick have done nothing wrong, which is why Berwick haven't been punished in any way. Albion Rovers were wronged by their opponents playing an unregistered player against them, and they have been awarded a win as a result of that. Albion Rovers beat Stirling Albion today - who's to say they couldn't also have beaten Clyde had Clyde only fielded the players they were allowed to.

If Berwick Rangers get relegated this season, it will be because they are an awful team who have won four league games all season.

Trust me, Rovers would never have beaten Clyde if Fitzpatrick wasn’t involved. They’d have probably lost by more frankly ! 

He is our player anyway btw.

Just out of interest, when Hearts were deducted 2 points in the league cup earlier this year, did their opponents get the points ? If not, why not ? 

2 minutes ago, sydney said:

Trust me, Rovers would never have beaten Clyde if Fitzpatrick wasn’t involved. They’d have probably lost by more frankly ! 

He is our player anyway btw.

Just out of interest, when Hearts were deducted 2 points in the league cup earlier this year, did their opponents get the points ? If not, why not ? 

Because that would’ve put hearts out the Cup and a smaller team through, less money and less interest in the competition, is exactly why. 

I accept we’re in the wrong, but I don’t believe for a minute of any of the big teams done the same they’d have got the same sanctions. 

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:
2 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:
A bit harsh on the big man given that he’s a centre half !!

If it came across as me slating the boy himself then I can only apologise, as that isn't what I'm attempting to do. He gave his absolute all in both games, and did everything he possibly could have, but he simply doesn't have the athleticism, stamina or technical ability to be able to be a useful player at this level. The blame lies with Lennon for picking him, then the club for this admin gaffe. I've nothing against Fitzpatrick himself and wish him all the best.

He’s a good central defender,he’s not a centre forward!

I’m sure even Virgil Van Dyke would look like a fish out of water if he played as a striker for a whole game.

It's good, but it's not quite "fans' favourite signing a pre-contract with bitter rivals while your chairman announces massive cutbacks" good. We'll be seeing you shortly VT, and I, for one, cannot wait for the influx of Harriott and Portillo-based content.

Given that we are and will effortlessly remain two leagues above you, the only time you’ll be seeing me is when The Famous dish out yet another effortless bitchslapping in the cup champ. Enjoy bottling yet another title against Stirling Albion or Brora Rangers next season like the absolute rabble you are.

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.74c404798dca8487d827ec26a3bab18d.jpg

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Given that we are and will effortlessly remain two leagues above you, the only time you’ll be seeing me is when The Famous dish out yet another effortless bitchslapping in the cup champ. Enjoy bottling yet another title against Stirling Albion or Brora Rangers next season like the absolute rabble you are.

Even as Crawford and the Easdales (with help from Uncle Mike) seamlessly body Morton into the seaside leagues, there is absolutely no chance of us coming close to a title again. I can only imagine what insurmountable clerical hurdles another season will churn up.

ezgif.com-resize.gif

There was some interesting chat on Radio Scotland earlier about this. Basically suggesting Scottish football needs to get a grip of reality. Some clubs fans can indulge in sectarianism with little or action from their clubs and fans can throw stuff and run onto the park and no action is taken by the football authorities. Yet someone overlooks sending a form or whatever to the league concerning a player who was registered with us anyway and we get done big time. Sure, rules are rules but they really need to tackle the bigger issues in our game. 

Got to love the SPFL.

Guess which of these offences gets a points deduction:

Sectarian singing

Coin throwing

Buckie bottle throwing

Seat throwing

Pitch invasions

Ticking the wrong box on a form

Easy to hammer a small club over a trivial matter but takes back bone to tackle any of the real issues and they have none.

Minor clerical errors are clearly the biggest blight on our game right now.

Got to love the SPFL.

Sectarian singing

Coin throwing

Buckie bottle throwing

Seat throwing

Pitch invasions

Easy to hammer a small club over a trivial matter but takes back bone to tackle any of the real issues and they have none.

There was no ticking a wrong box on a form - they fielded a player who was not eligible to play for the club and who couldn't be brought back to play in first team until the next transfer window. A regulation that other clubs have had to follow when they have players in same situation - there was no clerical error involved

Even as Crawford and the Easdales (with help from Uncle Mike) seamlessly body Morton into the seaside leagues, there is absolutely no chance of us coming close to a title again. I can only imagine what insurmountable clerical hurdles another season will churn up.

ezgif.com-resize.gif.33f70a81e6369b828d38ec6dab9d8a17.gif

^^^ word salad

It takes some brass neck to worry about the running of a club two levels above you when you can’t even get a basic pub league teamsheet right. Better luck next time champ.

b1a5e29f-5ad6-4b4a-b24c-c11112db682b.jpg

Got to love the SPFL.

Sectarian singing
Coin throwing
Buckie bottle throwing
Seat throwing
Pitch invasions

Except that it wasn’t actually just a wrong box being ticked; you went on to field an ineligible player in a league game, twice.

The SPFL didn’t force you to do that and the rules on this issue are entirely straightforward, so dry your eyes about the obvious consequences of your gubbins failure.

32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.74c404798dca8487d827ec26a3bab18d.jpg

Last time I looked you were in the mix at the wrong end of the league and were in less than spectacular form. With Partick and Falkirk picking up, it could be a battle between your yourselves, QoS and Alloa at the bottom. 

I wish Morton no ill. I quite like them actually and work just along the road from the ground. However, your current position reminds me of Clyde 10 years ago. A mid to lower Championship team with a home support of 1200-1500 and struggling financially. And with a much bigger, better supported and recently more successful rival. 

I will watch with interest how your big successful club do in the next few months. 

The club have made a c**t of it for all of us involved with Clyde. Players, staff, fans, the lot of us.

Whoever's fault it is has effectively killed the best chance of winning a title in this league in the 10 years or whatever it is we've been in league 2.

Im sure its had a slight effect on the team but i dont believe the points deduction is to blame solely for todays loss. The unbeaten run was bound to come to an end eventually.

A very sore one for all us Clyde fans to take but its done now. We just need to make sure we learn from our mistakes and stop shooting ourselves in the foot time and time again.

I'd like to this this weekends disappointment will have subsided for the squad by next week and they pick themselves up again and push on to ensure we finish in at least 3rd place.

If an appeal is lodged then fingers crossed it is successful but if not we need to accept our punishment - however harsh we feel it is - and just push on and make sure we win the playoffs. We are more than capable of doing so!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Except that it wasn’t actually just a wrong box being ticked; you went on to field an ineligible player in a league game, twice.

The SPFL didn’t force you to do that and the rules on this issue are entirely straightforward, so dry your eyes about the obvious consequences of your gubbins failure.

32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg

Most of us are not defending the club and accept we’ve made an arse of it. Our fault, nobody else to blame. My gripe is the random nature of the action. I can understand the point deduction, which is what has happened in the past. However, I cannot understand the 3-0 wins awarded to the opposition, which as far as I can tell is not what has happened in the past. It makes a mockery of the league as it impacts other clubs. 

19 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There was no ticking a wrong box on a form - they fielded a player who was not eligible to play for the club and who couldn't be brought back to play in first team until the next transfer window. A regulation that other clubs have had to follow when they have players in same situation - there was no clerical error involved

If that is indeed the error (and no-one from our club has the guts to tell us!) then it's an absolute disgrace. Imagine not knowing the rules for transfers; it's absolutely shambolic.