The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

19 minutes ago, COM_Shepard said:

Off the Ball covering it very well at the moment, saying that why are we getting a Four point deduction for an admin error, in league 2, were as Hibs, who have fans throwing a Buckie bottle and running onto the park nearly assaulting a Rangers player, will not get any points deducted for something far worse, thats really annoyed me now.

I notice you've missed the point Tam Cowan made about you being a bit of a diddy club who wouldn't have had the proper administration facilities to oversee the registration of players.... :lol:

Incidentally that well known diddy club, Edinburgh City,  in the near 25 years of me watching them in the East of Scotland League and the Lowland League, have never been punished for fielding an ineligible player. Perhaps you should offer the Clyde big bucks to some of our committee. 

If this farce costs you lot promotion yet again then the phrase "Hibsed it" should now be replaced by the phrase "Clyded it". 

1 hour ago, A Believer said:

I get sanction against Clyde, but not betterment to QP and Albion.

I agree, this does seem harsh on Berwick.  It doesn't really matter to us beyond a good laugh. I see already the decision has 'cost Clyde to lose the title'. It does seem severe though and kind of spoils the race a bit. Wouldn't be upset with a Clyde win today for the sake of the players.

I notice you've missed the point Tam Cowan made about you being a bit of a diddy club who wouldn't have had the proper administration facilities to oversee the registration of players.... :lol:
Incidentally that well known diddy club, Edinburgh City,  in the near 25 years of me watching them in the East of Scotland League and the Lowland League, have never been punished for fielding an ineligible player. Perhaps you should offer the Clyde big bucks to some of our committee. 
If this farce costs you lot promotion yet again then the phrase "Hibsed it" should now be replaced by the phrase "Clyded it". 

As an Edinburgh city fan, you haven’t a leg to stand on calling anyone else a “diddy club”. Yous are on par with the likes of EKFC in that yous have no history and most likely never will.

End of the day we made a mistake, and doesn't matter how good or pish the player is, we gained the advantage of playing him whilst ineligible.
Which is unfair to any opponents.
So it's hard to argue against rules set in stone by SFA, and available for all clubs to see.
We'll just have to suck it up and concentrate on winning the remaining  games them the playoffs, however hard that may be now for the players and management.
We can still get up this season, mon the Bully !
agree the rules are rules other clubs seem able keep within them as said second time in 3 years so hardly surprising they hammered us let's hope the players can keep the good form up it difficult as effectively we have what to win say 2 or 3 games to guarantee the play offs

really feel for players and management let down by two buffoons who collectively couldn't fill in a form properly

come on the Clyde

Oooft, truly outstanding levels of whataboutery there.

Cheating to try and slither past Albion Rovers and blowing your ‘title challenge’ as a result.

Bringing a defender back from a loan at a junior club and trying to play him as a striker is widely acknowledged as the most blatant form of cheating I would think.

I can't remember the results ever being reversed after a case like this, I played in Scotland, England and Germany and ineligible registrations happened all the time. I stand corrected if I'm wrong but usually it's just the points deducted is it not?  Points reversal only ever happened if a club folded  or with serious disciplinary matters. it's either something more serious than an admin mistake or this sets a whole precedent. Certainly, Id be putting in a n official complaint if it affects the standings at the end of the season

Never seen the results reversed like this for league matches. Why should Albion and QP benefit and Berwick be disadvantaged over our mistake. Seems they are just making it up as they go along. If Berwick finish bottom as a result of this surely legal action against the SPFL would follow unless this is already set out in the rules somewhere.

Also a points deduction over a fairly minor clerical error seems ridiculously harsh. There is just no way this would happen if it was at the top end of the premier league. (And I don’t mean because those clubs are competent enough to file a form properly).

On a side note, going by Twitter, it seems like Jack Ruddy (GK for Wolves who I believe had a loan at Ayr last season) is a Clyde fan and is none other than John Ruddy’s boy. 

I can only hope that the team put in a very positive performance on the pitch today and that we keep up the momentum for the play offs.

Never seen the results revered like this for league matches. Why should Albion and QP benefit and Berwick be disadvantaged over our mistake. Seems they are just making it up as they go along. If Berwick finish bottom as a result of this surely legal action against the SPFL would follow unless this is already set out in the rules somewhere.

Also a points deduction over a fairly minor clerical error seems ridiculously harsh. There is just no way this would happen if it was at the top end of the premier league. (And I don’t mean because those clubs are competent enough to file a form properly).
this is the second time in 3 years that's why we were hammered there is no excuse If it was peterhead woukd we be asking for leniency?

Anyway we just have to get on with it hopefully the team can battle through this a tall order but if there is a squad that can do it then it's this one and if they do make it through the play offs it will a fantastic effort to there with anything achieved in a long long while

as for the board they can all do one come the summer

The bigger issue for me in the secret society statement on the website.  Never mind the fact that this was only brought up this morning; Name the directors, state the error, don't sweep it under the carpet as we still have a shot at a playoff in two months.

45 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Could be worse mind, we could be fielding a convicted nonce

Sorry, have we now reached the stage of Clyde fans taking the moral high ground over the sexual conduct of players?

That’s a bold move Cotton, let’s see if it pays off.

I have no words for this total fcuk fest, forget about not accepting those involved resignation, they should be sacked and march d out the door, hardly a great start for our new chairman, Feel absolutely deflated, imagine how Danny Alan and the players must be feeling after working so hard to get us in to a realistic position of winning the title, that has gone now thanks to a monumental fcukup. Sickening.