The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

26 minutes ago, an86 said:

Such is the scale of Queen's Park's ownership of Clyde, that we fell asleep on Friday night, waking on Saturday morning to realise we'd beaten them in our sleep. New levels. 

Slightly panicked now, I'll admit it. If we have another thirty points deducted QP could finish above us. :(

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Obviously gutted about this and can completely understand the lack of sympathy from other supporters.Peterhead must be dancing in the streets and who can blame them, that is football.  We have completely made an arse of this, amateur hour of the highest order.

Suppose we have to be thankful that there is a cushion within the playoff places at least. Imagine this had happened during the relegation threatened season! 

An unbelievable boot in the Baws for Danny, Allan, players and of course the fans! Huge apology due from the Chairman, not that it makes much of a difference 

I can't remember the results ever being reversed after a case like this, I played in Scotland, England and Germany and ineligible registrations happened all the time. I stand corrected if I'm wrong but usually it's just the points deducted is it not?  Points reversal only ever happened if a club folded  or with serious disciplinary matters. it's either something more serious than an admin mistake or this sets a whole precedent.

Certainly, Id be putting in a n official complaint if it affects the standings at the end of the season

Edited by dougster

2 hours ago, Fat Sally said:

What part of offered to resign don't you understand?

Their fellow Directors rejected their resignation. 

Anyone who “offers to resign” or “threatens to resign” is spineless individual*. You walk, period.

*see the current Secretary of State for Scotland for further evidence of this

2 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

It’s not the management team, it’s the backroom/board where this has happened.

100 percent the managers fault. Phone call to hampden is all it takes to clarify. Would you leave player registration to a couple of volunteers 

Obviously gutted about this and can completely understand the lack of sympathy from other supporters.Peterhead must be dancing in the streets and who can blame them, that is football.  We have completely made an arse of this, amateur hour of the highest order.
Suppose we have to be thankful that there is a cushion within the playoff places at least. Imagine this had happened during the relegation threatened season! 
An unbelievable boot in the Baws for Danny, Allan, players and of course the fans! Huge apology due from the Chairman, not that it makes much of a difference 
well he didn't apologise in the statement no
surprise there just another arrogant dismissive statement He is probably more worried about Hibs being sanctioned for the fan on the pitch last night

anyway hope the lads can get a win today
and safe journey to all the fans making the trip

come on the Clyde

Got to say I have some sympathy for Clyde on this one.

Rule are rules and they have to adhered too. The team, players and fans must be gutted though as Clyde had every chance of winning the league.

It makes little difference to Queens but interesting to see the gap between Berwick and Albion close up.

Maybe the only way to react is for Clyde to continue doing what they are doing and win the play offs.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see Queens beat Clyde but I genuinely hope they win the play offs. The club and fans have had to put up with a lot over the years and being docked four points seems harsh in my opinion.

Edited by Mission
mistake

Slightly panicked now, I'll admit it. If we have another thirty points deducted QP could finish above us. [emoji20]
Early days; maybe more administrative skeletons in the Broadwood cupboard.

Hilarious start to the day, nonetheless.

Off the Ball covering it very well at the moment, saying that why are we getting a Four point deduction for an admin error, in league 2, were as Hibs, who have fans throwing a Buckie bottle and running onto the park nearly assaulting a Rangers player, will not get any points deducted for something far worse, thats really annoyed me now.

14 minutes ago, COM_Shepard said:

Off the Ball covering it very well at the moment, saying that why are we getting a Four point deduction for an admin error, in league 2, were as Hibs, who have fans throwing a Buckie bottle and running onto the park nearly assaulting a Rangers player, will not get any points deducted for something far worse, thats really annoyed me now.

Well that’s a completely nonsensical argument but exactly what you’d expect from those two buffoons. 

End of the day we made a mistake, and doesn't matter how good or pish the player is, we gained the advantage of playing him whilst ineligible.

Which is unfair to any opponents.

So it's hard to argue against rules set in stone by SFA, and available for all clubs to see.

We'll just have to suck it up and concentrate on winning the remaining  games them the playoffs, however hard that may be now for the players and management.

We can still get up this season, mon the Bully !

11 minutes ago, COM_Shepard said:

The difference is that the Clyde mistake is made by officials of the club. The rules have been broken.

Anything else like throwing coins, bottles etc, is done by individuals. Arseholes, if you like.

How you sanction a club for the act of one moronic person , I dont know. 

The persons committing the act should be dealt with severely by the clubs concerned, and equally severely by the forces of law.

Just now, As Easterly as it gets! said:

The difference is that the Clyde mistake is made by officials of the club. The rules have been broken.

Anything else like throwing coins, bottles etc, is done by individuals. Arseholes, if you like.

How you sanction a club for the act of one moronic person , I dont know. 

The persons committing the act should be dealt with severely by the clubs concerned, and equally severely by the forces of law.

Fair point actually, I stand corrected. 

With our long standing close relationship with The Bully Wee, one can only hope that you make similar oversight over the entire squad on 20th April, giving Berwick 3 points and 3 goals per player, and Berwick winning promotion, edging you in the play-off final. It's what friends are for.

4 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

End of the day we made a mistake, and doesn't matter how good or pish the player is, we gained the advantage of playing him whilst ineligible.

Which is unfair to any opponents.

So it's hard to argue against rules set in stone by SFA, and available for all clubs to see.

We'll just have to suck it up and concentrate on winning the remaining  games them the playoffs, however hard that may be now for the players and management.

We can still get up this season, mon the Bully !

It can work either way. The players may get off the bus at Elgin with the 'let's show them' attitude.

Or it could deflate them completely.

I think theres still much to play for. A play off place is virtually guaranteed.