Sign in to follow this  
Scott-Replay

The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

33 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:
2 hours ago, cfcuk said:
So you know we budgeted to go out the cup first time of asking ?

Thats exactly how it works and its been confirmed before. You dont budget for income thats not guaranteed.

Exactly, budgeting for income that's not guaranteed is dangerous.

It's been hinted that budget pressures are a result of having no cup run which looks like we may indeed have gambled on having a cup run when signing players.

Last year's loss was explained as a result of no cup run. There wouldn't be a loss if a cup run wasn't budgeted for in the first place.

Edited by Fat Sally

Last year's loss was explained as a result of no cup run. There wouldn't be a loss if a cup run wasn't budgeted for in the first place.

Was that statement not made in comparing last year's results to the previous years in which we had a decent cup run that resulted better financial figures?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure it was stated at the meeting that we do not budget for a cup run.

9 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Was that statement not made in comparing last year's results to the previous years in which we had a decent cup run that resulted better financial figures?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure it was stated at the meeting that we do not budget for a cup run.

My apologies if that's the case and I'm delighted to hear it.

How was the loss from last year explained? It wasn't just a drop in turnover. We actually had to take out a loan for working capital.

My understanding from subsequent communications was that the lack of a cup run meant the budget was tight.

Edited by Fat Sally

As the one who probably started the Cup funding debate, the point I was really making was that the cup run would have been helpful if we are finding cash flow an issue at this time of year. It’s always been stated in the past that we don’t budget for a cup run.

I trust David D..to keep our budget within safe limits.

Suppose it could also be the Chairman is  quite rightly trying to cash in on the feel good factor around the club and the on field run we are currently on, who knows?

Edited by FREDDYFRY

What is the big panic about ? The chairman has asked the fans to help anyway they can maybe I missed it did he say we are about to go down the tubes ?

As stated this time of year is pretty fallow for clubs (not in the cup) and the way fixtures have went we have only one home game January/ February .We have the best squad in years with a real chance to go up , that isn't done on fresh air .Maybe some would rather the previous regimes model of flirting with the lowland league and Zero ambition think we all know why some liked that situation I think the lack of match sponsorship etc has to be looked at are we actually asking companies in the area , mind you having told the locals it's crap and EK is the land of milk and honey doesn't help I critised the chairman heavily at the start but the whole club is turning around probably the best I have seen since the McDonald days Time to back him as much as we can

Maybe us season ticket holders could pay into the next game thoughts?

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

What is the big panic about ? The chairman has asked the fans to help anyway they can maybe I missed it did he say we are about to go down the tubes ?

As stated this time of year is pretty fallow for clubs (not in the cup) and the way fixtures have went we have only one home game January/ February .We have the best squad in years with a real chance to go up , that isn't done on fresh air .Maybe some would rather the previous regimes model of flirting with the lowland league and Zero ambition think we all know why some liked that situation I think the lack of match sponsorship etc has to be looked at are we actually asking companies in the area , mind you having told the locals it's crap and EK is the land of milk and honey doesn't help I critised the chairman heavily at the start but the whole club is turning around probably the best I have seen since the McDonald days Time to back him as much as we can

That’s an incredible gesture- be interesting to see if any fellow ST holders would go with that.

I don’t think there is major reason for panic- tough time of year due to timing of SFA payments and also- not sure quite how profitable home games are with crowds still around the 550- 600 mark.

Stewarding- staff- rental- etc- I’d say with attendances like this we’ll do well to break even.

We need more to come and watch us- to increase the profit versus the current standing  costs for home match days.

All business’s face periods during their fiscal year where cash flow is a challenged- this appears to be what this is.  Hopefully creditors will be accommodating- and we as fans can do everything we can too.

9 hours ago, Karpaty said:

Or get tough with some of the freeloaders who come through the front door without a season ticket, who are not part of club 200 and generally take from the club without giving a dime

6 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:

Or get tough with some of the freeloaders who come through the front door without a season ticket, who are not part of club 200 and generally take from the club without giving a dime

Even better 

How do you identify someone who isn't a 200 fund contributor and what exactly do they take from the club except free admittance? If they buy drinks in the Arria they're contribuing to the club's funds. Surely someone checks their admittance?

Good idea cfcuk,I'll join you.

There are so many ways the Club could look at generating income.i feel we miss a trick by not displaying club merchandise in the Arria Lounge where orders could be taken and delivered at the next home game.Like me there are many in the Lounge before the Club shop opens and do not have the time to go along post match.

I remember the successful open day when the MacDonald team came on Board.How about something like that next season but also geare to getting season ticket sales and pepole signed up to the 200 initiative.

Iam hopeful that the Chairman's message was just a rallying call and not a cry for help.

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Been there, done that and quite prepared to do it again, but is not the most effective way to do it, I seem to recall. 

A straight donation to the Club that does not go through the gate receipts means the Club gets full value.

6 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

Been there, done that and quite prepared to do it again, but is not the most effective way to do it, I seem to recall. 

A straight donation to the Club that does not go through the gate receipts means the Club gets full value.

Yes- HMRC will take 20% of gate receipts- a great gesture- but direct donation is best 

One thing the club could do is give out no comps for games the amount you see going to the office or simply walking through the front door does my brains in
Ok we are all in this together, well how about the players relatives , girlfriends, pals pay in ? Show a bit of solidarity

1 hour ago, Harry Haddock said:

There are so many ways the Club could look at generating income.i feel we miss a trick by not displaying club merchandise in the Arria Lounge where orders could be taken and delivered at the next home game.Like me there are many in the Lounge before the Club shop opens and do not have the time to go along post match.

That’s a great idea. Something simple but that I bet many would not have thought about. Arria Lounge is great pre match so the option of ordering club merchandise or buying things such as scarves etc on the day - items that aren’t going to empty your wallet could prove quite popular. 

I’ve read Norrie’s post on the website a few times & cant decide whether it’s a cry for cash or to an attempt to maximise revenue when there’s a good buzz & team doing well. 

If he was going to push something in the same position I’d push attendance. The team are doing well so let’s get as many through the gates as possible. We obviously need the team in the run in but they need us too. It’s a collective effort. 

Make the extra effort. Encourage an non regular to go more often. Get someone back who has stopped going for whatever reason. Get youngsters in when team is doing well & encourage them to keep coming. 

Don't know if this would catch on or if it would work but the Glasgow Clan do a draw called 'Shirt off the back' at each home game where you pay a £1 or £2 for a raffle ricket and the winner of the raffle gets the matchday jersey of a player selected by the club before the game. 

Even if 100 people pay a quid a time, the jerseys 40 to buy for punters (I'm assuming less for the club to buy) so there's at least a profit of £60 per home game.

It's not much per week but over the course of almost 20 home games a season it's a nice small boost. Every little helps and all that...

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

8 hours ago, DeanMck said:

Im up for paying into next home game instead of using season ticket. Good idea.

Alternatively, people could increase their 200 fund entries. As per the post above, having to declare on matchday revenue actually reduces the amount which goes to the club itself. 

14 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

Thought that was a dig at me there!

2 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Alternatively, people could increase their 200 fund entries. As per the post above, having to declare on matchday revenue actually reduces the amount which goes to the club itself. 

I'm sure there was a way to pay more via the 200 fund ie people could enter twice and would be allocated two numbers and so forth