The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Someone involved with the Colts has replied to our Project Braver thing on Twitter with this. Interesting....

IMG_0314.thumb.jpg.32bbdceefc234495891d8ac5e12a3855.jpg

Pretty sure it is not their pitch to lift. It was funded (mostly) through grants and is used for schools football and community so council must have a stake in its funding too.

Colts are welcome to GTF anytime. It’s a joke how their diddy senior team has been drummed up out of nowhere and parachuted in right below the SPFL. Hopefully the influx of junior clubs will continue and spread to the west meaning absolute dross like the colts, edusport etc are pushed down the pyramid.

I didn’t mention your youth set up which is decent, I mentioned how your diddy senior team has been fast tracked in ahead of the EOS and SOS league is a joke.

Edusport and BSC Glasgow are similar, no heritage, no fans, would bring nothing to the SPFL.

18 minutes ago, ColinTheColt said:

Is this the dross to which you refer?

We have done more in 5 years for the local community than your club has done the entire time you have been in Cumbernauld. Stay classy now.

cleardot.gif

Quality Mark Logo.jpg

Image-1.jpg

Shitty irrelevant little club mate

The "diddy" senior team, which is already doing well in the Lowland League, will be fed by the kids from our community club over the next few years and in fact this is already happening.
Fail to see what is not to like about that?

What’s not to like is how you waltzed in from nowhere, a glorified boys club, to 1 level below the SPFL. You didn’t even have to play through the EOS or SOS as I have already mentioned. The way the lowland league was put together was a farce. Too many joke outfits sprung up out of nowhere yourselves included.

Well, the Junior teams had their chance and turned their noses up at it, although I see now that they are realising it was a mistake.

Not much difference in my mind between a "glorified boys club" and a team relying on their history to justify their existance in the Scottish second division! Pitiful.

The club realised that and fixed it and continue to expand on it. We have done a remarkable amount in a short time and it’s only going to get better and bigger.

We do celebrate our history, every club would and should, but we are pushing for being a better club on and off the park.

Genuine question, but what would the Colts do if they were to leave Broadwood for whatever reason?

We would continue to do what we have been doing over the years and that is keep children playing football. We have over 600 at the moment and over 120 coach volunteers, all of whom do it for no financial reward. When we located to Broadwood the stadium pitch was used twice a week for training by Clyde and every second Saturday. At all other times the stadium lay empty. Contrast that with how it is used now. This contrast is directly as a result of the funding made available through the Colts and given to North Lanarkshire Leisure. Oh, and by the way, we still have to pay monthly let fees to use it! 

As for leaving Broadwood all I will say is that we've only been there for 6 years and the club celebrates its 50th anniversary next year... 

I was meaning where would you play your matches?

Nobody is denying getting that many kids playing football isn’t great, it clearly is and you should rightly be applauded for it. I would say there is more to community work than this though.

Broadwood is our home although just as Clyde have stated in the past in relation to moving south of the Clyde we are exploring other options.

As for other community work you are corrrect in what you say and in this respect I give you the Colts sleepout in support of Glasgow City Mission and the Simon Community not forgetting our annual foodbank collection in aid of The House of Bread in  Cumbernauld Town Centre. Oh, and the various outreach programmes we are involved in. Oh, and the GoFitba programme which is currently ongoing at Broadwood at the moment.

I suspect that the comments made in the previous tweet are bourne from the feeling that we have served our purpose as far as NLL are concerned and that despite constantly being referred to as stadium partners the reality is that we are just tenants and third in line to the the Clydes and SRUs of this world. A shame really.