The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

2 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

and then released them

No, they wouldn't have had time to suffer a humiliating defeat yet. 

What a thoroughly good situation to be in, after the last four winter windows of utter chaos, that we are arguably the most settled and best prepared team in the league. Last years' window activity of course was absolutely necessary, and every single one has proved their worth even with a few hiccups along the way. 

The complete horror of watching Ferguson abandon YET ANOTHER 'style' to fit his collection of wage-stealing charlatans will not be easily erased from the memory. Hopefully, funds, contacts or both can be exploited and help perhaps land one or two to bolster what we have. A striker of note alongside DG (not to provide cover) could help him bring on the likes of Boyle, Love and Lamont even further, even if their collective starting time was reduced to accomodate such a player. Squad game. 

4 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

In sort of transfer news Aaron Millar is joining arthurlie on loan for the rest of the season after returning from Pollok 

We should just release him so he can move permanently for free. One of the most ineffective players I've seen play for us.

To be honest when Lennon first arrived and inherited the utter shambles left by Chapman. Part of his initial stop the rot plan was to play Miller on the left hand side and work his socks off for the team. Nothing creative at all from him but we scraped draw after draw. The boy did his job.

He was never going to be good enough but during that short time he contributed to the initial salvage job. Good luck to him

33 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Right lads. He's a young boy on a very marginal wage. Any worse than Archie Campbell. Sean Higgins n so on on much more...

Hope he finds his level and starts banging them in

Which would be admirable if he had no twitter account. He thinks he is an A-list 'baller, going ny most of it. John Gemmell-esque, and no lie. 

Think Andy O'Brien. Think Roddy Hunter. Think even Craig O'Reilly, all highly unorthodox athletic strides, but offered at least a glimpse of what the common man could dream of.  No one wants to be an Aaron. 

We should just release him so he can move permanently for free. One of the most ineffective players I've seen play for us.

Right lads. He's a young boy on a very marginal wage. Any worse than Archie Campbell. Sean Higgins n so on on much more...

Hope he finds his level and starts banging them in

I agree with both comments

Value for money wise, I'd say Millar was better value.

Although that says more about my opinion of Sean Higgins than Millar.

I've no idea why Lennon re-signed Millar just as I had no idea why Ferguson re-signed Higgins.

Agree with the comment about his twitter.

Re the point of him playing on the wing and doing a job. He just filled a space and a jersey out there. He did the square root of f**k all in every game imo.

There's hope for us all yet if he has been re-signed!

Bring back Colin Marshall, all is forgiven!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse