The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

He's signing for Edinburgh City, by all accounts. Heard that he has signed a two and a half year, £800 per week deal with them. Crazy.

After the lolz die down, this actually may end up happening. 

It's a giant, Sloth from Goonies-shaped No from me. We've spent years, and probably a national debt of some Pacific Islands, signing reputed players with pedigree for them to be, simply, utter pish in a Clyde shirt. Ghosts of Christmas past include Dougie Bell, John Sludden, Graham Watson, Miller Matheison, Willie Falconer and nine-tenths of Shellsuit Barry's gang of villains. Harkins really has f**k all to prove, which is why we should steer clear.

He's signing for Edinburgh City, by all accounts. Heard that he has signed a two and a half year, £800 per week deal with them. Crazy.
I genuinely cannot imagine these wages are being offered by Edinburgh City.

That's not far off Motherwell's average and he's nowhere near that level anymore.

If it is true, they'll surely go the same way as Gretna.

Are there any compelling arguments to support the reasons for there being no L2 matches, or indeed any outside the Prem, on festive holidays at all, this year?  

In just our league, there are already three matches outstanding, and our impending Jan 19 home fixture against Elgin (we've both played 17 games) wouldn't compromise any of those  others in-hand if scheduled for either tomorrow or next Tuesday or Wednesday with 3pm kickoffs, instead of the likely Tuesday night in March with a nominal attendance, and also make life easier financially for clubs with potentially large gaps between home games (we're looking at nearly a month until Cowden on Jan 26) witb the added bonus of there being a much likelier healthy crowd for a 3pm game than a on a midweek, with obvious benefits for our visitors also. Win-win from a spectacle perspective, surely. 

57 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Edinburgh are clearly paying big bucks this year, regardless of what some of their supporters say they aren’t. 

Their players, by and large are fairly competent. But i'd ask this; how many clubs were chasing Henderson's phone number back in May? Not many, i'd imagine for a fairly 101 L2 striker at that moment. Balatoni may be be different matter altogether, but with his injury past, again i doubt his door was needing replaced with his first wage. Sometimes things do just come together at the right time. Let's see if any bids come in for either next month. 

Edinburgh are clearly paying big bucks this year, regardless of what some of their supporters say they aren’t. 

Weve done it so many times n failed....

Others have spent well and not....

Each to their own but dont think were paying our usual wages(Just my opimion) from the last few past..

I could be wrong

40 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Weve done it so many times n failed....

Others have spent well and not....

Each to their own but dont think were paying our usual wages(Just my opimion) from the last few past..

I could be wrong

It's no secret that the facilities have been put in place to provide the necessary funds to allow the team to be competitive, on its own merits, than for a highly significant period of time previously. The annual report in line with the AGM provided this information. 

Indeed, a couple of attempted insurrections have reared their head on these very pages regarding this. The evidence is clear enough that we have been able to retain every player we wanted to keep from last season (usually a mass exodus occurs instead), and while finances play a large part in this, so too does development and growth which i think Lennon and Moore can provide our mostly youthful squad, with help from DG and JR. 

Ferguson got away with playing Monopoly with our club, by repeated failures of the club custodians in their duty to fucking sack him, without so much as a raised eyebrow - oh, and to lead us almost to the LL. Again, this was met with complete silence, except for the wiping of crocodile tears. All to serve a failed, flawed, duplicitous agenda. 

The ideology at the club has changed, and inno uncertain terms for the better. We're in great hands.