The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

People can say it’s early in the season bla bla bla but for me Peterhead at home is a must win as they will be up there challenging the full season to win the league, if we genuinely want to win the league or at least challenge we need to win these games especially as we will not beat them away from home and with us losing last week we really need to bounce back.. come on the famous Clyde 

People can say it’s early in the season bla bla bla but for me Peterhead at home is a must win as they will be up there challenging the full season to win the league, if we genuinely want to win the league or at least challenge we need to win these games especially as we will not beat them away from home and with us losing last week we really need to bounce back.. come on the famous Clyde 
Agree two big games peterhead at home Edinburgh away we need to win both lose you are well behind both , oh yes we will here the usual guff about no need to panic early in the season, probably the same people who said give Chapman to Xmas [emoji23]

Agree two big games peterhead at home Edinburgh away we need to win both lose you are well behind both , oh yes we will here the usual guff about no need to panic early in the season, probably the same people who said give Chapman to Xmas [emoji23]
.....and the same ones who said Norrie was a disaster ???

.....and the same ones who said Norrie was a disaster ???
You see the difference is I admitted on many occasions I was wrong and even apologised in person to the chairman
Any of the name change crew like to follow my example ? Thought not [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

If we can’t win the league with the current management team and players at our disposal then will we ever?

Anything less than a sustained challenge will be a failure IMO.

Agree with that, never before have we had so much cash swilling around the club

I do agree that we really need to win these games, and failing to do so would make it very difficult to keep challenging for the league this year, instead leaving us competing to retain a play-off place for the remainder of the season.

I hardly think however that it will induce panic (something which you seem overly keen to do on any given occasion), rather more of a distinctly familiar disappointment. It'll just the usual case of a few bad results going our way (mid-August anyone?) and resultant total head's gone we have come to expect. Edinburgh have now won 9 on the bounce; I somehow doubt they will continue that vein of form over the entire course of a campaign. Peterhead are always tough opposition away, so we need to make the home fixtures count. Lennon obviously knows a thing or two, and the squad we have at our disposal is more than capable of making things right.

But hey, I suppose I'm just old-board loving/Ferguson happy-clapping/Chapman sympathising in any case, or what's this years insult?

Who mentioned panic it's early in the season but if we don't beat Edinburgh and peterhead then every likely hood we would be 12 and 10 points behind them that's a fair start to give teams , personally think we will win both and we should get through the cup tie We do need to start beating teams at the top if the league if we are to mount a challenge

Insults I thought you wore them as a badge of honour [emoji6]

These blank weekends really need to be looked at for me. One possibly not two
Crazy to have 2 free weekends when the weather is still reasonable yet play right through Jan, Feb etc. The Scotland games aren't played on the Saturday either.