The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Here we go. Our fans just love drama. The club don’t have to announce everything and if it’s true, wouldn’t it be better to keep these things in house. This is someone’s life we are talking about. Re the chapman issue my god people must know every detail of what’s going on. I have missed something has Chapman had a 30k pay out. I must have missed that.

Here we go. Our fans just love drama. The club don’t have to announce everything and if it’s true, wouldn’t it be better to keep these things in house. This is someone’s life we are talking about. Re the chapman issue my god people must know every detail of what’s going on. I have missed something has Chapman had a 30k pay out. I must have missed that.  

Is it unreasonable for fans to ask why one of our main signings of the close season is not playing? 

A simple injured/ill/personal issues response would be fine by me.

What we're seeing instead is speculation and rumour filling the void that may, if wrong, damage the guy's reputation as a footballer forever.

Is it unreasonable for fans to ask why one of our main signings of the close season is not playing?  

What we're seeing instead is speculation and rumour filling the void that may, if wrong, damage the guy's reputation as a footballer forever.

Thank god we all think differently. If the club have something to report they will. So every time someone doesn’t appear for a few weeks we should know and a full report from the club published. FFS

Well it's most likely one of those three options does the exact detail really matter to you that much?

Personally I'm more concerned the team and performance tomorrow at Palmerston

13 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Mcniff gets man of the match off the members / owners

Would have given it to Rankin myself, but Mcniff did pop up with last minute equaliser and didn’t do much wrong. 

Or

Another reason was CIC is such an abject failure 

Edited by Clydeontheup

On 7/15/2018 at 20:25, BullyWeeLad said:

Apparently Hopkirk has just fucked off no reason for him not being at these games he’s just drinkin all the time and apparently Dome the same at Derry City, Clyde currently tryin to find a way to sack him without payin him any wages 

There seem's to be some sort of obsession with Hopkirk in regards to his proneness to injury. Why? The boy hasn't kicked a ball infront of fans yet & I'm sure if this were true then the club would have grounds for dismissal under gross misconduct??

On 7/15/2018 at 13:30, FREDDYFRY said:

I’m not going to make Duffie a scapegoat for yesterday of course not, however on the player himself I know many Clyde fans seem to think he is ok. I must admit I’m not a fan, although I accept he did improve at the tail end of last season but nowhere near the quality is Stewart for example on the other side of defence.

Much as I would love to be greedy and get someone in to help Goodwillie I do thing Right full back or wing back (whatever’s the term these days) is a problem position for us. At our level really good full backs can be a Match winning asset.  I accept though that if it’s a choice of one more signing then a forward would be mine.

I agree Freddy, never really seen anything in Duffie to suggest to me that he's anymore than a junior player at best. My father-in-law is a Falkirk and they held him in high regard initially but he's shown nothing for me really on any of the occasions I've seen him (I did miss a large chunk of our revival run at the arse end of last season).

Just some thoughts for me on the game on Saturday: 

• Joe Gorman didn't look incredibly assured to me, didn't look capable of passing a ball 5 yards. I will concede he is a CB so would hardly be expecting him to be performing Modric-esque, defence splitting passes, but to be able to knock the ball to his CB partner or a Rankin or Nichol infront of him.
  • I thought Rankin looked decent. He did a lot of our running in the centre and looked the only one prepared to put a tackle in in the latter stages of the game.
  • As above, I still fail to see what anyone see's in Duffie. More than happy to proven wrong.
  • I was impressed with Eddie Ferns when he came on, very direct and certainly gave us an impotence going forward that we lacked. Would be interested to see a front three of Love, Goodie & Ferns.
  • I worry that if we can't play Goodie into the game, we are going to struggle. We've signed a lot of very talented players but it seemed on Saturday if Goodie wasn't getting fed in then we'll struggle to get the ball in the pokey as it were. 

It's hard to judge as this was our first competitive game with our new signings and we're still very much in the pre-season phase - I'm sure all the moans I've just made will be ironed out before the important stuff kicks off.

Hopefully we can get a result tonight! This is my first proper post on here, please be gentle :lol::thumsup2

I agree Freddy, never really seen anything in Duffie to suggest to me that he's anymore than a junior player at best. My father-in-law is a Falkirk and they held him in high regard initially but he's shown nothing for me really on any of the occasions I've seen him (I did miss a large chunk of our revival run at the arse end of last season).
Just some thoughts for me on the game on Saturday: 
  • Joe Gorman didn't look incredibly assured to me, didn't look capable of passing a ball 5 yards. I will concede he is a CB so would hardly be expecting him to be performing Modric-esque, defence splitting passes, but to be able to knock the ball to his CB partner or a Rankin or Nichol infront of him.
  • I thought Rankin looked decent. He did a lot of our running in the centre and looked the only one prepared to put a tackle in in the latter stages of the game.
  • As above, I still fail to see what anyone see's in Duffie. More than happy to proven wrong.
  • I was impressed with Eddie Ferns when he came on, very direct and certainly gave us an impotence going forward that we lacked. Would be interested to see a front three of Love, Goodie & Ferns.
  • I worry that if we can't play Goodie into the game, we are going to struggle. We've signed a lot of very talented players but it seemed on Saturday if Goodie wasn't getting fed in then we'll struggle to get the ball in the pokey as it were. 
It's hard to judge as this was our first competitive game with our new signings and we're still very much in the pre-season phase - I'm sure all the moans I've just made will be ironed out before the important stuff kicks off.
Hopefully we can get a result tonight! This is my first proper post on here, please be gentle [emoji38]:thumsup2

I wasnt a fan of duffle at all like but like mcniff i thought both of them looked night n day under Lennon and moore & from feb obw both of them went from wouldn't be in my team too wouldnt leave em out

Wasnt there on sat so cant comment but hoping he just had a bad game like rest of team by the sounds of it..

1 minute ago, shawfield shed boy said:

I wasnt a fan of duffle at all like but like mcniff i thought both of them looked night n day under Lennon and moore & from feb obw both of them went from wouldn't be in my team too wouldnt leave em out

Wasnt there on sat so cant comment but hoping he just had a bad game like rest of team by the sounds of it..

I'm very hot and cold on McNiff - still think he might end up benched once Lang is fit.

Very interesting mix at CB to have McNiff, the aforementioned Lang, Cogill, Rumsby and Gorman.

9 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Yeah very possible 1877. Think it could take 3/4 weeks (Not defeats) before Danny knows his best X1...

For me, as of right now based on what I've seen I would go:

Currie;

Rumsby, Lang, Cogill, Stewart

Grant,       Rankin

McStay,    Boyle,     Lamont

Goodwillie 

Options for Love, Ferns & Nichol to come off the bench