The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Would personally have Cogill if I had to pick between them, thought Cogill was solid when starting regularly then for whatever reason Danny dropped him.

Boyle showed small glimpses of potential but very rarely, doesn’t seem interested no chance he’ll be here next season.

I'd be surprised if Cogill and Boyle are here next season. Especially Boyle. 
Saying that if Lang moves on we will need Cogill.

One of my mates apparently asked Cogill if he’d be signing on for next season and he said yeah. Also think there’s a lot more to come from Boyle. Would offer both 2 year deals

I have an enormous amount of love and respect for Scott Rumsby and the campaign he's turned in, but a partnership of a fit and back-in-form Cogill and Lang would be utterly dreamy next season. Boyle is a really weird one, he's definitely got talent but just lacks any real physical attributes to go with it. 

I have an enormous amount of love and respect for Scott Rumsby and the campaign he's turned in, but a partnership of a fit and back-in-form Cogill and Lang would be utterly dreamy next season. Boyle is a really weird one, he's definitely got talent but just lacks any real physical attributes to go with it. 

Agree completely. Would be class to have those 3 competing for a space too.
Think Boyle if he got into a run of form would be fantastic

One of my mates apparently asked Cogill if he’d be signing on for next season and he said yeah. Also think there’s a lot more to come from Boyle. Would offer both 2 year deals

Not sure handing 2 year deals to guys that have barely featured this season is the way to go. However quite happy to trust Danny’s judgement on that.

Securing Lang would be my number one priority but if he does move on then cogill would be a very useful option if he is settled up here.

Lang is wanted by Airdrie, Falkirk and Morton (and probably several more beyond that). I can't see him staying with us, but stranger things have happened - depending on what we've offered, our "full package" could be the best fit for him overall. He is just about to turn 22, so it wouldn't be the worst decision to stay with us to get another year of development under his belt, safe in the knowledge that he'd be first choice.

Lang is wanted by Airdrie, Falkirk and Morton (and probably several more beyond that). I can't see him staying with us, but stranger things have happened - depending on what we've offered, our "full package" could be the best fit for him overall. He is just about to turn 22, so it wouldn't be the worst decision to stay with us to get another year of development under his belt, safe in the knowledge that he'd be first choice.

I think Lennon will be a big factor too. If he can sell the current squad the vision of successive promotion I can’t see why they wouldn’t stay

Falkirk are imploding at the moment and I reckon if they don’t get a grip they could spend a while in league 1 - or worse.

Airdrie are a diddy mob that have stagnated big time. We have a lot more promise.

Morton in a decent position but Lang wouldn’t be guaranteed game time - it’d be Two tier jump from what he’s used to.

Big decision for him whatever he decides. We have a really promising squad and management team atm, the club has a lot of momentum and potential. He could be part of something special at a great club. I am desperate for him to stay.

After the season we’ve had it’s not any surprise that other clubs are interested in some of our players. Cogill is definitely good enough for league 1. Not convinced about Boyle and definitely would not offer him a 2 year deal. 

I’d agree, Cogill offered a deal if Lang moves on (really hope he stays of course). Cogill is decent, pretty sure it was injury that led to him losing his place. After that there was no way Rumsby 🥰 and Lang could be split.

Boyle, unfortunately has not kicked on at all, seems to have ability but just not performed this year at all, think he will be one of those moved on to create more space for others coming in.

2 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

A couple of players have been offered full time contracts by other clubs. Jordan Stewart is away. 

Any info on the players offered full time deals? I'd say grant, cuddihy, mcniff, Mcstay and Lang. Don't see the big scramble to give Boyle a deal offers nothing would be a waste of a wage.

Boyle, unfortunately has not kicked on at all, seems to have ability but just not performed this year at all, think he will be one of those moved on to create more space for others coming in.

I reckon with Banks being gone Boyle would get more football next season. He has huge potential I hope we keep him