The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Just had a look at the league table, if Edinburgh get beat away to Stirling,  and Annan win away to Albion Rovers.   We will be playing Annan in our play off semi,   never realised how close Annan were to Edinburgh.  

5 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

Just had a look at the league table, if Edinburgh get beat away to Stirling,  and Annan win away to Albion Rovers.   We will be playing Annan in our play off semi,   never realised how close Annan were to Edinburgh.  

Not too keen to look upwards in the table, no?

Obviously nothing official from the club but I’m hearing that Rankin’s broken his fibula and fractured his ankle. If true, that’s hugely upsetting for him and the team. He’s been phenomenal for us this season and he’ll be a huge miss if we’re in the playoffs. Very hard to see a guy of his age recovering from that and coming back to play.

3 hours ago, shawfielder said:

I was  discussing this with someone last night maybe a ploy by City to finish 4th and play either Stenny of Brechin rather than Clyde:lol:

1 hour ago, nickCFC58 said:

Anyone at the awards ceremony?

Not there but apparently:

POTY: Barry Cuddihy (Rankin 2nd, McNiff 3rd).

Executive POTY: John Rankin

Castlemilk POTY: David Goodwillie

Goal of the Year: Scott Banks

Deserved win for Cuddidy, but a shame for both Kevin Nichol and Ross Lyons. 

Can't really argue with those awards - Goodwillie hasn't been as good as he can be this year, but is still by some distance our best and most important player. Delighted for Rankin getting some recognition after today's events, too. We should have a Lionheart award specifically for Scott Rumsby.

2 hours ago, Bulstrode said:
2 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:
WHO he ???

Only the best goalie we've had in recent years. POTY as I recall.

The best metaphor for Barry Ferguson's first season (and reign as a whole, I suppose) was Alan Martin dropping and smashing his glass PotY trophy at the awards night.

6 hours ago, shawfielder said:

City haven't had a particularly great record at Forthbank, even when playing Stirling Uni there in the Lowland League and Annan are capable of getting a result against a Rovers side who can relax now. Mind you its academic as Clyde will be champions and avoid the play-offs :)

City haven't had a particularly great record at Forthbank, even when playing Stirling Uni there in the Lowland League and Annan are capable of getting a result against a Rovers side who can relax now. Mind you its academic as Clyde will be champions and avoid the play-offs [emoji4]

U got bored of the silence in the city thread?

Obviously nothing official from the club but I’m hearing that Rankin’s broken his fibula and fractured his ankle. If true, that’s hugely upsetting for him and the team. He’s been phenomenal for us this season and he’ll be a huge miss if we’re in the playoffs. Very hard to see a guy of his age recovering from that and coming back to play.
I think it was you I had an exchange with earlier in the thread regarding Rankins fitness.
If there's one man of that age who I reckon could recover from this and make an appearance playing football again, I reckon it would be John.

Best of luck next week by the way, its been too long since the last competitive Airdrie, Clyde game.

Plus my wee boys now at an age where he's ready to experience ice station Broadwood, mid January [emoji27]

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I think it was you I had an exchange with earlier in the thread regarding Rankins fitness.
If there's one man of that age who I reckon could recover from this and make an appearance playing football again, I reckon it would be John.

Best of luck next week by the way, its been too long since the last competitive Airdrie, Clyde game.

Plus my wee boys now at an age where he's ready to experience ice station Broadwood, mid January emoji27.png

I really REALLY hope I'm wrong but given his coaching and media work I think that might be it. As  AA says it's not a fitness issue (the guy is frighteningly fit) but he might be ready to call it a day. That said, he is a competitor and might have a bit of fire in the belly...especially if we go up!! Fingers crossed 

6 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

Who is everyone’s most improved player this season? Has to be Grant for me

Rumsby for me wasn't sure about him at the start of the season but he's proved me wrong think he's a great defender now.