• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Scott-Replay

The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Maybe "someone" should analyse all Peterheid's 'comings and goings' pre-season and transfer window just to see if all their playing squad was "eligible". No wee hidden misdemeanours. Wouldn't that be a turn-up if they were also deducted points.... 

At the end of the day nobody made a rip roaring James Hunt of it other than whoever it is on the board who is responsible for player registration etc.

Aye the punishment is extreme as well as inconsistent from the SFA but we aren't Rangers or Celtic. And they didn't make or cause the error either. We did.

Sadly Berwick are actually being punished far worse than we are. Their existence may be in jeopardy never mind a title fight. Feel for them and their fans.

Need to forget about it now and all push on firstly for the title (albeit slim chance unless our pals QP do us a turn!) and secondly the playoffs. We can still go up and enjoy the success this squad deserves after all it's immense efforts this season.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

Clyde’s new motto - ‘no means no’.

From the supporter of a club who were so 'outraged' by John Hart's behaviour they sacked him.....but kept it quiet from the polis then sent a healthy official delegation to his funeral

Enjoy yer relegation ya filthy c***s

39 minutes ago, Jeremy Fisher said:

Maybe "someone" should analyse all Peterheid's 'comings and goings' pre-season and transfer window just to see if all their playing squad was "eligible". No wee hidden misdemeanours. Wouldn't that be a turn-up if they were also deducted points.... 

SSSH!! Don't mention ****** ******

How ironic would it be if both Peterhead and Clyde win their last three games and Clyde close up the goal difference. :shutup

Surely the Black fish scandal should be worth a 5 point deduction.

I can't say I'm overly enamored by the club statement.

They do at least give some details on the case but all the arguments mentioned have been discussed on here and we knew they would ultimately not be sufficient to overturn the decision.

Add in the fact they seem to think simply admitting to their fucking idiotic mistake means something, as though they could do anything other than admit it & withdraw the player from the squad.

Most importantly, there's a distinct lack of comment about how it seems we simply did not know the rules or how we will avoid a similar mistake again. 

don't think anyone has been told what the breech of rules I presume it was for calling him back outside the window . But interestingly he does appear in our squad unlike Arron Miller who is out on loan

In summary I have no idea

Apparently when he went on loan to Clydebank he was on an amateur contract. An amateur contract needs 28 days notice. When he returned to Clyde therefore he was still on an amateur contract and thereby was tied to the Bankies even though both parties agreed he could play for Clyde. Presumably someone at Clyde assumed he came back and his original contract with Clyde was still in force. Seems a fairly pedantic admin error.

Your club explains it better here...

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2019/04/15/6069/

4 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I can't say I'm overly enamored by the club statement.

They do at least give some details on the case but all the arguments mentioned have been discussed on here and we knew they would ultimately not be sufficient to overturn the decision.

Add in the fact they seem to think simply admitting to their fucking idiotic mistake means something, as though they could do anything other than admit it & withdraw the player from the squad.

Most importantly, there's a distinct lack of comment about how it seems we simply did not know the rules or how we will avoid a similar mistake again. 

100% spot on. Everyone knew there were new regulations for the new transfer window and this clearly is an exceptional case where it's not obvious what the rules would be. It is absolutely inexplicable that clarification wasn't sought before he was recalled.

I am fully aware that I may be alone in this but even a promotion through the playoffs for me would now be a slightly tainted one. The efforts of players and supporters deserved a shot at a title.

If you want to get your own back lads, just ask the SPFL to look at betting accounts of Peterhead players. 

1 minute ago, Disc Potato said:

If you want to get your own back lads, just ask the SPFL to look at betting accounts of Peterhead players. 

Cans, worms etc.

Most teams would’ve crumbled after being told that all the efforts they put in over 180 minutes meant nothing due to an admin error and we may have showed a slight sign of it against Elgin when we lost on the same day the news came out. Since then full credit goes to Danny Lennon and Allan Moore on managing to get the spirits up again and make the players realise they can still achieve promotion. I didn’t expect us to go on this sort of run after the news came out but this team is something special, they never give up and they will be more determined than before to get promotion.

So the Sweet F*ck All and their lackey's were aware of what Clyde were doing but kept Stumm..... then took great delight in imposing the most draconian penalty ever handed out for fielding an amateur player, while admitting their own admin does not include for checking team lines etc on a timely basis which begs the question as to how they can insist on clubs adhering to rules which by their own admission they don't bother checking..... that's what I take from the statement.  

My opinion has not changed...... F*ck the SFA & the SPFL 

2 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Cans, worms etc.

100% mate, sad to see the guys already punished under these silly rules. 

21 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Apparently when he went on loan to Clydebank he was on an amateur contract. An amateur contract needs 28 days notice. When he returned to Clyde therefore he was still on an amateur contract and thereby was tied to the Bankies even though both parties agreed he could play for Clyde. Presumably someone at Clyde assumed he came back and his original contract with Clyde was still in force. Seems a fairly pedantic admin error.

Your club explains it better here...

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2019/04/15/6069/

That's the best explanation I've seen, including our statement this evening.

For me it  makes the SFA/SPFL decision more ludicrous, and seems very severe punishment for a minor admin error, particularly as it affects teams at both ends of the table. 

If only we had gone for an Emergency loan of a recognised striker from a higher league, instead of trying to gain an advantage by playing an amateur player making his senior debut :wacko:.

100% spot on. Everyone knew there were new regulations for the new transfer window and this clearly is an exceptional case where it's not obvious what the rules would be. It is absolutely inexplicable that clarification wasn't sought before he was recalled.
I am fully aware that I may be alone in this but even a promotion through the playoffs for me would now be a slightly tainted one. The efforts of players and supporters deserved a shot at a title.
don't think you are alone in thinking this way David

So the Sweet F*ck All and their lackey's were aware of what Clyde were doing but kept Stumm..... then took great delight in imposing the most draconian penalty ever handed out for fielding an amateur player, while admitting their own admin does not include for checking team lines etc on a timely basis which begs the question as to how they can insist on clubs adhering to rules which by their own admission they don't bother checking..... that's what I take from the statement.  
My opinion has not changed...... F*ck the SFA & the SPFL 

Exactly, as I have mentioned on here several times tonight and put to that Cowden Troll directly, which he ignored, the SPFL are responsible for checking the submitted team lines each week.

The error should have been flagged before the QP match but wasn’t due to the gross negligence of the SPFL, which we have been further punished for.

Thank f**k the SPFL have acknowledged their error though. That makes it all better! It must be nice to be in a position to say ‘oh yeah, sorry about that’ whilst punishing someone else for it.

well appears the fans are in two camps one who blames the SPFL / SFA and another who think the club messed up and have nobody else to blame.

Clever statement by the club trying to deflect most responsibility onto the SFA / SPFL and it seems to have worked with some fans

feel for the players In my opinion they have been let down badly by the club .We now just have to hope peterhead fold and we can move in and take the league title ( a long shot but hope springs eternal )

1 hour ago, Disc Potato said:

^

Fucking Grass