The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

31 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes they will be on their knees once the small clubs breakaway!

Serious question....... are you happy with your teams position in the Scottish game? Why do we have the farcical 10 team leagues..... not to suit the 'wee' teams but to suit the Bigot brothers, and their hangers on.   By Wee teams I mean everybody outwith those 2 & their cousins from auld  Reekie. 

Edited by the bigger picture

Can somebody please explain to me EXACTLY what we did wrong.
Was it down to us recalling Fitzgerald outwith the January window? Or was it because he wasn't correctly registered in September, or was it because he had been registered with somebody else b4 September? Or another reason?
If it was the former - I can't believe we've made that mistake as the first thing I said when I heard about this was I didn't think you could recall a player outwith the transfer window.
don't think anyone has been told what the breech of rules I presume it was for calling him back outside the window . But interestingly he does appear in our squad unlike Arron Miller who is out on loan

In summary I have no idea

Junior and Lowland league clubs don't need to abide by the same rules regarding transfer windows etc. No idea if the US team he came from would count towards the number of clubs played in during a season as they were an amateur club.

The error made was recalling him outwith the transfer window.

3 minutes ago, the bigger picture said:

Serious question....... are you happy with your teams position in the Scottish game? Why do we have the farcical 10 team leagues..... not to suit the 'wee' teams but to suit the Bigot brothers, and their hangers on.   By Wee teams I mean everybody outwith those 2 & their cousins from auld  Reekie. 

Not true - it does suit the wee teams - L1 and L2 clubs could easily  have a 20 team league and the big clubs wouldn't be the least bit bothered.  Am I  happy that we are 8th in a 10 team league rather than 18th in a 20 team league?  Not that bothered if that is the comparison you are suggesting. 

10 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Who are the four teams involved? Clyde > Bankies > Clyde > Bankies makes two, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Whoever we signed him from in September (im assuming he was with another club in August as  C4E infers- perhaps wrongly also) and i genuinely didnt know he had returned to Clydebank in all this. Again, presumed another club may have shown interest. Bigger fish to fry.

Not sure what the further statement to follow will contain but at the very least I would hope for some clarity on what exactly went wrong, how it went wrong and how we can be categorically guaranteed it won’t happen again.

As much as I strongly disagree with the severity of the punishment and the inconsistencies with similar offences, we still should not have ended up in this situation.

That team of players deserves recognition for their achievements this season and instead of being neck and neck with Peterhead at the top (a position from which I would strongly fancy us) we are left trailing through no fault of theirs.

30 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

I’m sorry, honest mistake, I’m sick of this shit. If anyone made this big of a mistake in business a P45 would be issued.

We don’t go up watch how bad things unfold.

I’m telling you we will be fucked big time and I mean the club as a whole.

As David W pointed out two directors offered resignation. This was rejected by remainder of the board. There’s no doubting it was an honest yet severe mistake. 

Newsflash - I’m not involved in any way with the club, but have sat back and studied who does what and who does nothing. Those who do, say little, those who do nothing say plenty 

from what I’ve observed the board as a whole have made this season a good one, but many believe it’s just one man . Not from my viewpoint , although like the rest our former chair has contributed to a collective that could well see us promoted.

Shane on  these other board members who aren’t as visible 

Not sure what the further statement to follow will contain but at the very least I would hope for some clarity on what exactly went wrong, how it went wrong and how we can be categorically guaranteed it won’t happen again.

As much as I strongly disagree with the severity of the punishment and the inconsistencies with similar offences, we still should not have ended up in this situation.

That team of players deserves recognition for their achievements this season and instead of being neck and neck with Peterhead at the top (a position from which I would strongly fancy us) we are left trailing through no fault of theirs.

very good post [emoji122]

as for the statement this will give Alasdair Campbell a run for his money [emoji23]

9 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Junior and Lowland league clubs don't need to abide by the same rules regarding transfer windows etc. No idea if the US team he came from would count towards the number of clubs played in during a season as they were an amateur club.

The error made was recalling him outwith the transfer window.

If that is 100% the reason for playing an ineligible player - that is such a basic error.  How did nobody else at the club (and I include the manager here) not pick up on it?

If that is 100% the reason for playing an ineligible player - that is such a basic error.  How did nobody else at the club (and I include the manager here) not pick up on it?
Think as a previous posted stated there should be a full explanation as to what happened and how it happened.

You can bring players in on loan till the end of Feb in league 1 or 2. Banks came in from Dundee United the same week.

You can't recall players who are out on loan out with the transfer window. I'm assuming they thought the deadline was end of Feb in either case.

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

The rules aren't the same for every competition - for example some suspensions only apply to Cup games or League games, the Betfred Cup has sections, knockout rounds, bonus points, penalty shoot outs so lots of different rules for different competitions.  The points deductions though aren't even the contentious bit of the decision.

Haven't you got anything else to be more interested in? Like the battle for 7th place with Elgin?! Toodaloo now.

Scottish football, where the 2 most racist bigotted clubs in the world play and never punished for it, but dont dare play an ineligible player if you are another club !
don't you think under those conditions you would make sure you knew the rules ?

At the end of the day nobody made a rip roaring James Hunt of it other than whoever it is on the board who is responsible for player registration etc.

Aye the punishment is extreme as well as inconsistent from the SFA but we aren't Rangers or Celtic. And they didn't make or cause the error either. We did.

Sadly Berwick are actually being punished far worse than we are. Their existence may be in jeopardy never mind a title fight. Feel for them and their fans.

Need to forget about it now and all push on firstly for the title (albeit slim chance unless our pals QP do us a turn!) and secondly the playoffs. We can still go up and enjoy the success this squad deserves after all it's immense efforts this season.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

Clyde’s new motto - ‘no means no’.

From the supporter of a club who were so 'outraged' by John Hart's behaviour they sacked him.....but kept it quiet from the polis then sent a healthy official delegation to his funeral

Enjoy yer relegation ya filthy c***s

39 minutes ago, Jeremy Fisher said:

Maybe "someone" should analyse all Peterheid's 'comings and goings' pre-season and transfer window just to see if all their playing squad was "eligible". No wee hidden misdemeanours. Wouldn't that be a turn-up if they were also deducted points.... 

SSSH!! Don't mention ****** ******

How ironic would it be if both Peterhead and Clyde win their last three games and Clyde close up the goal difference. :shutup