The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Out of curiousity, do other fans feel like renting for 25 years and continuing to rent is good? We were tenants at Shawfield for 50 years before they screwed us and we haven't recovered since. I don't see 25 years beholden to a landlord as anything to celebrate.

As for Norrie's "superb links with the landlord" that's all well and good, but what happens when the landlord changes in a few years? And then again a few years after that...

Has anybody also noticed that we appear to be haemorrhaging money in the last 12 months? Including a hefty bank loan when we have just taken years to clear all our debts... 

20 hours ago, Xervish said:

Out of curiousity, do other fans feel like renting for 25 years and continuing to rent is good? We were tenants at Shawfield for 50 years before they screwed us and we haven't recovered since. I don't see 25 years beholden to a landlord as anything to celebrate.

As for Norrie's "superb links with the landlord" that's all well and good, but what happens when the landlord changes in a few years? And then again a few years after that...

Has anybody also noticed that we appear to be haemorrhaging money in the last 12 months? Including a hefty bank loan when we have just taken years to clear all our debts... 

We haven't rented for 25 years. We've done so for 82 years, actually. Hence why the leaving date from Shawfield was 1986. Any supporter asking these questions would surely know that, however. 

In this case, it has already been proven that the claims of our rental status being unique were a big bag of porkies at best, or assumption-based arrogance that these wouldn't be exposed, at their worst. Fans of Montrose and Cowdenbeath in particular when staring down the barrel of being Team 43,  were quick to reveal the usage costs were among their biggest concerns over relegation. Indeed the latter club sold their security over Central Park in between relegations, i'm led to believe. Either way, these made a mockery of the cries of how unfair it all was that the council we had already Fagin'd twice, but still putting up with all our shite, were somehow an impediment to growth and success of the club. Bloody good timing with the introduction of the trapdoor, considering the departure dates of the orators of those falsehoods that we were the only ones who suffered from these matters. 

On the banking facility, again i'm led to believe by an industry professional that less than 10% of land purchases are made without some degree of interest-based assistance from lending outlets. Anyone having taken a mortgage or carrying an overdraft are in debt, which is absolutely fine if serviced. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

6 hours ago, Abshok said:

We really need to get shot of they OKI seats! Free advertisement?! Clyde need all the financial support they can get!

42 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:

Correct they had more than their moneys worth, with little effort someone else can get their name in

Interesting points. 

Think they were keeping it because of the ease of changing it to EK [emoji23]  

If we had become EK Clyde we would’ve been playing in EK.
A lot of good that seat advertised change would’ve been, eh?
Some of your posts are so ridiculously unbelievable in what is your pathetic attempt at humour.

6 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

If we had become EK Clyde we would’ve been playing in EK.
A lot of good that seat advertised change would’ve been, eh?
Some of your posts are so ridiculously unbelievable in what is your pathetic attempt at humour.

In your opinion-

I find him quite funny actually- it’s a bit of gallows humour- no need to be so offensive

Almost five full days since a post. That must be a record for the famous illiterati we are known up and down the land for. 

A massive, must-win game on Saturday awaits. Should Lennon look to ring the changes? We're in anything but good form, unbeaten in six or not having pissed 6 valuable points up the wall during it against absolute bottom-half plankton.

Reading certain other clubs' supporters threads, i'd say being content is a bloody dangerous tactic for us to be employing, unless some intent and direction is instilled very soon. 

8 minutes ago, maxruby said:

The place to discuss Clyde FC matters is obviously the Official Site Owners’ Forum. If you can wade through the bile and vitriol you’ll find...........well something.

Aaah yes. I heard a little about that. Not much of either, or anything for that matter. A shame, for a once thriving online fan hub. 

Official documentation handed out recently, detailed "the bile and vitriol" as being a reason for (yet another) decrease in Club Owners. 

Whyever that was on an annual report, given that it allegedly serves merely an admin fee as opposed to a fundraising venture, is anyone's guess. 

Daily Record reports £11m to be distributed to SFA member clubs. Apparently it’s mainly due to the successful W Hill Scottish cup. Anyone know what we (and the rest of League 2 clubs) get from this?

3 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Almost five full days since a post. That must be a record for the famous illiterati we are known up and down the land for. 

A massive, must-win game on Saturday awaits. Should Lennon look to ring the changes? We're in anything but good form, unbeaten in six or not having pissed 6 valuable points up the wall during it against absolute bottom-half plankton.

Reading certain other clubs' supporters threads, i'd say being content is a bloody dangerous tactic for us to be employing, unless some intent and direction is instilled very soon. 

Don’t really see why we would ring the changes as it were, maybe 1 or 2 but that’s all I’d make. I’d possibly start duffie to move cuddihy up into midfield.

Every game is important now as we are now nearly half way through. 

Don’t really see why we would ring the changes as it were, maybe 1 or 2 but that’s all I’d make. I’d possibly start duffie to move cuddihy up into midfield.
Every game is important now as we are now nearly half way through. 
Bring duffie in ? Well going by his handling on Saturday might be worth a try in goals [emoji23]

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Bring duffie in ? Well going by his handling on Saturday might be worth a try in goals emoji23.png

That was comical, took me a few seconds to take in what he’d done!

I actually thought once he got himself fully fit last season he had a run of games where he played well. With nicol suspended I’d definitely bring him in and put cuddihy into centre mid for this one. 

18 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

That was comical, took me a few seconds to take in what he’d done!

I actually thought once he got himself fully fit last season he had a run of games where he played well. With nicol suspended I’d definitely bring him in and put cuddihy into centre mid for this one. 

On top of that, defensively we're a complete mess. Lang in for Rumsby, surely. Stewart is allegedly fully fit, and so would be Nicoll's straight in-out with Grant reverting unless there is an underlying issue. Duffie likewise obviously must now be fit, allowing BC further forward. In this case, i'd play him on the right, as it's becoming a problem position lately.