The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Adding Cumbernauld to the badge is just a short jump away from adding Cumbernauld to the name.
Fortunately the Third Resolution added at the time of the EK vote makes it extremely difficult to change the name now, and it wasn't exactly an easy task before that.
However the Chairman also proposed changing the CIC structure. The change he proposed is a move away from supporter control which means changing the name becomes a whole lot easier.
Join the dots. Cumbernauld Clyde is on its way.

He didn’t actually propose changing the CIC structure. He asked the owners that if we wanted to get to the Championship in five years and triple our turnover in that time, was our current structure the best way to do that. It was one of many things thrown out there for owners to think about. Very different from it actually being proposed and it getting voted on.

Another case of people adding two plus two and coming up with an alternative answer. Cumbernauld Clyde, has not, nor has it ever been, on the cards.

I'd like it if we had Rutherglen AND Cumbernauld written below the badge. Maybe Bridgeton, too. Recognition of our history and our present.

Don't forget Maryhill and Hamilton [emoji16]

We should shrink the size of the ship to make room for all the locations.

Well DW- despite your “guarantee”, I can’t agree... I don’t consider myself a “ perma seether” and I’m afraid it’s not something I would be at all happy to accept. 
We are currently renting a stadium in Cumbernauld- albeit a good one- and one that is scalable if and when we march up the league’s- but we’ve been there for approximately only 18% of our existence and whilst at the moment there is no viable option for a return to Glasgow- it’s a hope/dream of a large percentage of the support to return to our Glasgow roots.

We have been in Cumbernauld for the most recent 18% of our existence though. Many of the fans who regularly attend home games are from Cumbernauld, Kilsyth, Kirkie or surrounding areas. It would be interesting to see the exact break down but I reckon at least half.

You say it’s a hope/dream of a large percentage of the support to return to Glasgow. I don’t think this is the case. A small percentage is more likely the case - and how many of those still attend matches? Most fans I believe are more interested in focussing on moving up the leagues in our current home rather than relocating.

24 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

We have been in Cumbernauld for the most recent 18% of our existence though. Many of the fans who regularly attend home games are from Cumbernauld, Kilsyth, Kirkie or surrounding areas. It would be interesting to see the exact break down but I reckon at least half.

You say it’s a hope/dream of a large percentage of the support to return to Glasgow. I don’t think this is the case. A small percentage is more likely the case - and how many of those still attend matches? Most fans I believe are more interested in focussing on moving up the leagues in our current home rather than relocating.

I agree.

There may well be a large percentage of our fans who hope/dream of a return to Glasgow, but I doubt very much that it is a majority percentage.

It was made very clear that cash flow is under pressure and that if we are serious about moving up the leagues, we need to increase revenue streams.

If including our Geographic location on our badge helps bring on board new partners/sponsors from the local business community and helps locals to identify with us more easily, then bring it on. It may ultimately not help much, but it can certainly do no harm.

It is, to my mind, nothing like changing the name and I certainly don't see it as the thin edge of any wedge.

I was, and am, vehemently opposed to any name change, and I am as proud of the Club's history as the next man, but I also want to see CLYDE F C moving forward on and off the park.

Cumbernauld is our home for the foreseeable future, so let's do everything we can to make it work for us without compromising our identity.

5 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Why are the two mutually exclusive? Can we not achieve both?

We should be preparing for play offs now as we have zero chance of winning any  league this year.  Have to try to move Gorman, Duffie, Love, Norwegian boy whose name I can’t remember in my drunken state , Karim and Boyle for that matter! ( might be harsh with that one), Hughes also  and get a keeper in  and Currie as very good cover.

Drastic measures needed and Chairman has to live up to his claims during the week. If they are not good enough get rid. So pissed off yet again with the club. Lennon also needs a good hard look at himself in the mirror! 

Rant over night night, you can probably guess I am just in from my works night out and will no doubt cringe when I read this in the morning! 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

We should be preparing for play offs now as we have zero chance of winning any  league this year.  Have to try to move Gorman, Duffie, Love, Norwegian boy whose name I can’t remember in my drunken state , Karim and Boyle for that matter! ( might be harsh with that one), Hughes also  and get a keeper in  and Currie as very good cover.
Drastic measures needed and Chairman has to live up to his claims during the week. If they are not good enough get rid. So pissed off yet again with the club. Lennon also needs a good hard look at himself in the mirror! 
Rant over night night, you can probably guess I am just in from my works night out and will no doubt cringe when I read this in the morning! 

No much wrong with what you posted fairly concise summation of what's going in at the club . Couple of points Lennon stated in his PM he was missing duffie lyon and mcniff so I take it duffie is still in his plans which is bizarre as he hasn't played him all season It is the play offs for us this season maybe some will see that as progress and that they didn't expect us to be challenging for the league ,because of where we were last season So how are Edinburgh right up there they had a worse season than us ? Lennon has been given plenty resources apart from Rankin and Rumbsy (in bursts) not one of his signings gets a regular game Which is a worry Looking at the present squad woukd they beat Edinburgh or peterhead over s two leg play off very unlikely So unless he suddenly improves the defence or gets a couple of signings in then it in every likelyhood it's another year in Div 2 Football can change very quickly a couple of signings in January could make a huge difference we do need to shift players out not easy when they appear quite happy to sit in the stand or bench week after week picking up a wage. Lennon's brief was to get us promoted so let's see where we are come the end of May that's when I'm sure the chairman and board will reapraise any failure to get us out the league

After our end to last season I thought we would put in a decent challenge against Peterhead. Didn't expect Edinburgh to be up there but they've signed well. The likes of Balatoni, Handling etc won't be coming cheap but they've also picked up a few gems in Black and Henderson who were both in league 2 last season.

We haven't showed up in the games against the top two bar Edinburgh away and dropped points in a few other games when we shouldn't have. Our record against the teams below us is pretty decent won 7, drew 3 and lost 1.

We've lost both our full backs to injury for most of the season. Stewart has been a big loss and having to move Cuddihy out of midfield has been a big loss. Lennon should have brought in cover for one if not both positions. The squad is bloated with midfielders.

Goodwillie's finishing has went from clinical to atrocious this season, by his standards. Too many other players have been inconsistent too - McStay, Lamont, Boyle etc.

Think the challenge for the title is over now but Confident we will make the play offs but we will need to be firing in all cylinders going into them. Raith and Peterhead both were well clear in second last season and both lost their play off so not given up all hope of getting promoted but disappointing nonetheless.

After our end to last season I thought we would put in a decent challenge against Peterhead. Didn't expect Edinburgh to be up there but they've signed well. The likes of Balatoni, Handling etc won't be coming cheap but they've also picked up a few gems in Black and Henderson who were both in league 2 last season.

We haven't showed up in the games against the top two bar Edinburgh away and dropped points in a few other games when we shouldn't have. Our record against the teams below us is pretty decent won 7, drew 3 and lost 1.

We've lost both our full backs to injury for most of the season. Stewart has been a big loss and having to move Cuddihy out of midfield has been a big loss. Lennon should have brought in cover for one if not both positions. The squad is bloated with midfielders.

Goodwillie's finishing has went from clinical to atrocious this season, by his standards. Too many other players have been inconsistent too - McStay, Lamont, Boyle etc.

Think the challenge for the title is over now but Confident we will make the play offs but we will need to be firing in all cylinders going into them. Raith and Peterhead both were well clear in second last season and both lost their play off so not given up all hope of getting promoted but disappointing nonetheless.

Don't think duffie has been injured all season been on the bench or in the stand he was taken off after 16 mins as a sub he is that bad the loss of Stewart has been a blow but if your injured how can you be on the bench ? The signing policy over the summer was appalling evidence is in the stands most week Its up to Lennon now to rectify that in January with shitting some out and bring in some better players If he can't then he simply is going to have to work harder with the players why he doesn't give Lang a shot at centre half is bewildering or maybe he is to aggressive [emoji23] we will make the play offs but unless we tighten up the defence them I think we wouldn't go through them

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Don't think duffie has been injured all season been on the bench or in the stand he was taken off after 16 mins as a sub he is that bad the loss of Stewart has been a blow but if your injured how can you be on the bench ? The signing policy over the summer was appalling evidence is in the stands most week Its up to Lennon now to rectify that in January with shitting some out and bring in some better players If he can't then he simply is going to have to work harder with the players why he doesn't give Lang a shot at centre half is bewildering or maybe he is to aggressive emoji23.png we will make the play offs but unless we tighten up the defence them I think we wouldn't go through them

Think you meant “ shifting” but made me smile....

52 minutes ago, HughieMc said:

Think you meant “ shifting” but made me smile....

Perhaps he didn't...

A simply awful second half yesterday. That defence is an utter shambles, frankly.  Add the fact the midfield in front of them was not entirely sure of which plan to carry out at 1-0 up, and we have some very serious problems festering which are more than two or three off-form.

Very little in this game to take forward now abd build upon. A decent team can work us out fairly quickly, and our better players are showing signs of accepting these limitations. 

The recruitment, with now the next window in sight has to be controlled better. The summer/post-window new signings (Rankin excepted over the last month) have been very poor. The quantity of players who have barely kicked a ball (if at all) and those who are in and out the team like a Cuckoo clock, suggest Lennon's policy on this is highly questionable. Operating on a budget should dictate that when you sign a player you do so because he's better than what you already have. Not to simply provide cover, but to go straight into the first team. There are at least six players who i would deem not good enough for this team, claiming a wage and from those, three players could be sought to fill our gaping wounds. 

As a matter of priority we need a new goalkeeper. And a new, fit right back and left back with Cuddihy returning to midfield either on the right or in the centre, and Stewart thus not being lamented when he is out. Which is a lot.

We have a perfectly able centre-back sitting on the bench not bring given his chance there, so no need to rush out and get another. We have plenty midfield options and an excellent striker so no need to sign inferior products to bloat the squad.

Either Hughes or Currie can go if we can secure a proper certified goalie. Not bothered which at this stage.

No sign of Duffie, Gorman or Lyon yesterday either. Heard conflicting stories over Duffie's 'injury' status, but if those three aren't featuring, move them on.

Belmokhtar seems to be sent on to save us, but with the pressure on, such as last week at 3-3, he seemed to be a bit lost. If he were genuinely able to affect results on a regular basis he'd be starting. Being a sub in L2 is no-one's childhood dream. 

Syvertsen seems to be suffering from misuse, be it position or physique that's the issue. Our tallest attacker being on the wing seems to confuse our players into hitting him as a target man. Straight out the park mostly. Strangely, Tore Andre Flo only ever suffered this fate when in Scotland too. Give the lad a proper chance, or move him on. And yes, i know he's not on a wage. Perhaps he could be if played centrally and does well- and then gets the money the likes of Gorman are syphoning for doing f**k all.

I'd also hook Rumsby. Heads-down defending just won't cut it. Give Lang his shirt, and the new fullback his wages. Nicoll can be an adequate stand-in if TL gets injured/suspended. 

8 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Don't think duffie has been injured all season been on the bench or in the stand he was taken off after 16 mins as a sub he is that bad the loss of Stewart has been a blow but if your injured how can you be on the bench ? The signing policy over the summer was appalling evidence is in the stands most week Its up to Lennon now to rectify that in January with shitting some out and bring in some better players If he can't then he simply is going to have to work harder with the players why he doesn't give Lang a shot at centre half is bewildering or maybe he is to aggressive emoji23.png we will make the play offs but unless we tighten up the defence them I think we wouldn't go through them

As far as I've been told Stewart's fully fit and has been for past six weeks also been told he's been back training for eight weeks.  It appears to me that DL prefers to play Grant at left back when he's much more effective in midfield. 

Lennon got asked about Stewart in the Arria lounge before the Stirling game. He said Stewart has been ill for most of the season rather than being injured. From what Lennon said fairly certain he would be in at left back if he was fit to play.

All relevant points. 

What's being ignored here is that the club HAVE in the past had sponsorship and commercial activity within the locale. Businesses didn't give a shit before, and don't give a shit now, what's on your badge. That's for the customers (fans) to bother with. 

One of the (formerly) largest sponsors is still emblazoned across 500 seats. It's neglecting the likes of these for a decade, by several other means of pushing agendas, which leaves us as an unattractive business opportunity. I don't envisage this poor recent history being wiped clean simply by use of one word. 

We really need to get shot of they OKI seats! Free advertisement?! Clyde need all the financial support they can get!