The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

13 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:
On 22/11/2018 at 22:17, BW Charlie said:
Seen the main road will be shut between 16.30 & 18.00. Will this affect buses in and out of Linlithgow ?

There will be transport disruption but the Rose club and 12 pubs within a 10 minute walk of the ground will keep you happy till the roads reopen.

Any particular good boozer?

If you're coming by car, you can usually park in the Academy car park at the opposite end of the ground from the social club. You can then get out of Linlithgow by turning left out of the car park and following the road until you reach the main Bathgate road. You'll have the choice of going up to the M8 or across to Linlithgow Bridge and then to the M9. That'll avoid the advent procession in the High St altogether. 

Not the worst friendly, competitive enough. The claims for Hughes to start will be hopefully be firmly put to rest after all sorts of slips and spills. Lang much better at centre half but almost too aggressive, leaving a gap in behind him every time. Gorman out of his depth even if he was out of position.

Love, AKB, Lyon didn't do themselves any good at all, so wasteful in possession. Boyle some nice touches and some typical vanishing periods. I'd rather have him on the bench than the other three.

Linlithgow caused us problems early in second half when they basically just packed the centre of the pitch. Roddy McLennan very dangerous. Iain Gray the exact same as he was at Clyde. It's good to have teams like that in the pyramid though, the town itself and the club's set up would transfer well into League 2.

Another free Saturday in January now with Elgin's progression in the cup.

Not the worst friendly, competitive enough. The claims for Hughes to start will be hopefully be firmly put to rest after all sorts of slips and spills. Lang much better at centre half but almost too aggressive, leaving a gap in behind him every time. Gorman out of his depth even if he was out of position.

Love, AKB, Lyon didn't do themselves any good at all, so wasteful in possession. Boyle some nice touches and some typical vanishing periods. I'd rather have him on the bench than the other three.

Linlithgow caused us problems early in second half when they basically just packed the centre of the pitch. Roddy McLennan very dangerous. Iain Gray the exact same as he was at Clyde. It's good to have teams like that in the pyramid though, the town itself and the club's set up would transfer well into League 2.

Another free Saturday in January now with Elgin's progression in the cup.

Oh well let's bin three of the first team squad on the evidence of a meaningless friendly Tom Lang too aggressive yeah exactly what you don't need in league 2[emoji106]

3 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Two questions; were you at the game today, and do you believe that that was an acceptable result?

No particular reason, simply curious.

I think your questions were directed at CFCUK- but from my own perspective- I wasn’t there- and personally I think the result was unimportant- the fixture provided  Danny with the opportunity to have another look at Duffie and Gorman in a match situation- 2 players who haven’t featured and who may be away in January- a look at Hughes (who has been injured and hasn’t started much) to establish if he is capable of pushing Currie, and if not we may need to address this- a look at Lang in his natural position of CB- also a good opportunity to set up without Goodie ( one of these days he may be unavailable through injury or suspension) and in general a good run out and maintaining of weekly routine for the squad. 

Sounds like it was a nice day out for our supporters too.

Two questions; were you at the game today, and do you believe that that was an acceptable result?

No particular reason, simply curious.
No wasn't at the game as rule I don't do friendlies as for the result really couldn't careless it's about getting player a run out
Maybe some put a lot of stock in these types of games but the mean nothing we beat Hamilton accies in a friendly start off the season then lose to their Colts in a comparative match

Getting beat by cowdenbeath was unacceptable a draw in a friendly is of no consequence

39 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
2 hours ago, Wadsley said:
Did anybody visit Linlithgow Palace? Members of Historic Scotland can visit for free! 
I believe it’s a great “set up” too.

Does it have a social club ?

No unfortunately.

It does have a well stocked souvenir shop, a picnic area and toilets for those who are less able. 

I don’t suppose that was a concern back in the time of its construction.  

It is the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots.

Maybe Clyde should consider playing pre season friendlies against other football clubs whose grounds are close to historical and significant sites .

This would assist the Clyde fan base to improve its collective awareness of the country’s history and appreciate its heritage.