The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Good result today, shame we couldn’t slot a league game in next week to really close the gap. Albion rovers also being free would have been the obvious choice.

What would we do on the day we are scheduled to play Albion Rovers next? Indeed, what would Albion Rovers do?

If we were still in the Cup it would not be an issue.

What would we do on the day we are scheduled to play Albion Rovers next? Indeed, what would Albion Rovers do?
If we were still in the Cup it would not be an issue.

Well it’s Saturday 22nd December we play them next so if it is not postponed I’m sure the players would have appreciated a Saturday off right before Xmas. Would have rather got games played now but never mind.

Let’s just get back to the good old system of contacting the fixture secretary of another Club suggesting we get together for a game on such and such a date. This is the SPFL, not the Red Triangle Saturday Amateur Friendly Society of Football Clubs.

Cannot believe you got two likes for that!

Mind you, seeing who it was liking your post, I shouldn’t be that surprised.

It's not uncommon for fixtures to be moved if it suits both sides and gets approval from the SPFL. We both have a free Saturday on the 24th. Wouldn't have been a bad shout to move the fixture due to be played on 22nd December forward. Higher chance it will be postponed in December and with it being so close to Xmas it will probably result in a lower crowd.

Ross County have arranged to play Dunfermline on the 24th in the Championship as they both don't come into the Scottish Cup till the next round. Guessing they must have got the secretary from the Red Triangle Amateur league to arrange it for them.

Don’t belittle the Red Triangle! Most amateur football in Sheffield came under its extremely large umbrella!
Guys, I’m just saying!
The forums on here have become less “friendly” and far more “ attritional “.
Red Triangle by the way was the Bass Brewery logo. Stones was the huge brewery in Sheffield. Hence my reference.
Love you all!

Well it’s Saturday 22nd December we play them next so if it is not postponed I’m sure the players would have appreciated a Saturday off right before Xmas. Would have rather got games played now but never mind.
Maybe DL is quite happy to have a free weekend ?, has arranged a friendly giving players game time Unlike some of the fans I'm sure players are quite happy to play on the 22nd rather than Xmas shopping [emoji23]

Maybe DL is quite happy to have a free weekend ?, has arranged a friendly giving players game time Unlike some of the fans I'm sure players are quite happy to play on the 22nd rather than Xmas shopping [emoji23]

Yeah, fair enough, it is the gaffers decision and it’s not a big deal really. Would just have been nice to steal a march on the sides above us (assuming we won of course).

15 hours ago, maxruby said:

Don’t belittle the Red Triangle! Most amateur football in Sheffield came under its extremely large umbrella!
Guys, I’m just saying!
The forums on here have become less “friendly” and far more “ attritional “.
Red Triangle by the way was the Bass Brewery logo. Stones was the huge brewery in Sheffield. Hence my reference.
Love you all!

I can’t be the only one thinking you meant the snooker club in Cumbernauld. Not sure what Barry Hearn can be of any assistance. 

15 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Yeah, fair enough, it is the gaffers decision and it’s not a big deal really. Would just have been nice to steal a march on the sides above us (assuming we won of course).

I'm inclined to agree with you, but Cogill/Nicoll had fairly noticeable strapping on Saturday, and Syvertsen was also hobbling when he went off. If we're going to catch Peterhead/Edinburgh it's because we've got a better bit of depth than they do, so an extra week for players to get over what must be fairly mild injuries might be important.

Aye, it makes far more sense letting cancelled winter fixtures pile up so a part time team are playing twice a week at the business end of the season, instead of pushing them forward to a weekend when both teams are free anyway [emoji1303]

Fud.
Why don't you contact the club and take it up with the club secretary or whoever is responsible for the arranging the fixtures the club are always looking for fans input

12 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Folks just a reminder ahead of welcoming you to Linlithgow on Saturday.

Entry is £6 & £3.   Plenty of pubs in Linlithgow for you to enjoy pre and post match.

See you Saturday.

Seen the main road will be shut between 16.30 & 18.00. Will this affect buses in and out of Linlithgow ?

Seen the main road will be shut between 16.30 & 18.00. Will this affect buses in and out of Linlithgow ?
There will be transport disruption but the Rose club and 12 pubs within a 10 minute walk of the ground will keep you happy till the roads reopen.