The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Just now, Pride Of The Clyde said:

FFS what is going on here? 

Drop Goodwillie, wtf planet are some people on?

Drop Currie, omg, think he has been fine this season and as good as any other keeper in this division and as for anyone moaning about his kicking, jeezo, he is probably the best long ball passer we have in the entire team.

Some people need to get a grip, can you imagine our team without Goodie well i can,  remember the game he missed against Edinburgh, that was evidence enough for me, even Goodwillie not at his best is far better than not having playing.

Agree with everything except Currie- was confused when someone criticised his kicking- that part of his game better than saving- dealing with crosses.  Would give Hughes a run of games if he’s fit.

Agree with everything except Currie- was confused when someone criticised his kicking- that part of his game better than saving- dealing with crosses.  Would give Hughes a run of games if he’s fit.

Currie's kicking hasn't been great the last few games but wanting him dropped is mental. He's the best keeper we've had since Martin. He caught absolutely everything that came his way yesterday.

Dropping Goodwillie would be suicidal as well. We saw in the Edinburgh home game, when he didn't play, how much we rely on him. His finishing hasn't been as clinical this season.

Midfield is the issue for me both McStay and Lamont have been poor recently. At least we do have options there with the likes of Boyle and Love on the bench. Thought the abuse directed to McStay yesterday was over the top. He has become the new scapegoat.

Peterhead will win the league as their squad is a cut above everyone else. Confident we will make the play offs but we have been too inconsistent lately.

3 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

So are we saying now that our problems not winning games are due to the goal keeper now?

Come on, one or two other issues more in need of attention is there not?

Absolutely not pinning it all on the GK- loads of other issues- but he’s not saving enough for me. 

Currie's kicking hasn't been great the last few games but wanting him dropped is mental. He's the best keeper we've had since Martin. He caught absolutely everything that came his way yesterday. 

Dropping Goodwillie would be suicidal as well. We saw in the Edinburgh home game, when he didn't play, how much we rely on him. His finishing hasn't been as clinical this season.

Midfield is the issue for me both McStay and Lamont have been poor recently. At least we do have options there with the likes of Boyle and Love on the bench. Thought the abuse directed to McStay yesterday was over the top. He has become the new scapegoat.

Peterhead will win the league as their squad is a cut above everyone else. Confident we will make the play offs but we have been too inconsistent lately.

Don't know if Boyle is injured but hasn't even made the match day squad last two weeks Ally love has clearly been binned Lyon is ahead of him and if a space in midfield appears then grant is a certainty to start

Yesterday our sole tactic seemed to be to shell the ball out left for Kris S or Goodie up front don't know what we were trying to achieve as the Stirling defenders lapped it up . The midfield simply disappeared felt a bit for Lamont and cuddhy who were basically frozen out the game Mcstay is a good player but he needs to up his game . The team movement off the ball isn't good even at throw ins there is not much movement and our corners and set plays are poor I wouldn't change much for next week's game although grant isn't a left back and it was clear yesterday that Stirling targeted him. Disappointing result/ performance

35 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
49 minutes ago, HughieMc said:
Yes- didn’t do well behind a shoogly defence- that’s him condemned then?

What evidence do you have that he's better than Currie?

I didn’t say he was better than Currie now, did I? He’s our No 2, hasn’t had a competitive number of games so can’t play your “ evidence “ game. My point is that if you have a No 2 keeper and the No 1 not doing too well ( yes, just my opinion) maybe it would be an idea to give the number 2 a try out. Radical I know- but not quite as radical as suggesting it’s time to drop DG I’d say. Give him service he’ll score- give his replacement service, they might not.

I didn’t say he was better than Currie now, did I? He’s our No 2, hasn’t had a competitive number of games so can’t play your “ evidence “ game. My point is that if you have a No 2 keeper and the No 1 not doing too well ( yes, just my opinion) maybe it would be an idea to give the number 2 a try out. Radical I know- but not quite as radical as suggesting it’s time to drop DG I’d say. Give him service he’ll score- give his replacement service, they might not.

First of all, I was only asking the question about Goodwillie bring dropped. I never said it should happen. Call it being devil's advocate. However I don't think it can be denied that Goodwillie has lost form. It also can't be denied that he's missed lots of chances during our bad run. I agree that we have no replacement of equal quality (or even close).

Secondly, Danny Lennon watches both goal keepers in action in training and continually selects Currie.
What little I've seen of Hughes in the Hamilton Colts game did not impress me and his performance wasn't entirely due to a shaky back line in front of him.

Thirdly, I'm no big fan of Currie but I don't think he's been that poor.
Also his kicking is usually excellent for league two level.

42 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

First of all, I was only asking the question about Goodwillie bring dropped. I never said it should happen. Call it being devil's advocate. However I don't think it can be denied that Goodwillie has lost form. It also can't be denied that he's missed lots of chances during our bad run. I agree that we have no replacement of equal quality (or even close).

Secondly, Danny Lennon watches both goal keepers in action in training and continually selects Currie.
What little I've seen of Hughes in the Hamilton Colts game did not impress me and his performance wasn't entirely due to a shaky back line in front of him.

Thirdly, I'm no big fan of Currie but I don't think he's been that poor.
Also his kicking is usually excellent for league two level.

Did you not think he did well v Motherwell? And I believe he’s been carrying a niggling injury- I hear Danny rates him. All good debate- let’s see how we go over the next few weeks. Have a great evening.

Did you not think he did well v Motherwell? And I believe he’s been carrying a niggling injury- I hear Danny rates him. All good debate- let’s see how we go over the next few weeks. Have a great evening.
I'd be quite happy if Hughes turns out to be a better goalkeeper for Clyde than Currie.

I'd also be very happy if Goodwillie regains his form, has many more chances created for him and for him to put them away.

Dare I say, I hope you have a good evening too.

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'd be quite happy if Hughes turns out to be a better goalkeeper for Clyde than Currie.

I'd also be very happy if Goodwillie regains his form, has many more chances created for him and for him to put them away.

Dare I say, I hope you have a good evening too.

You dare  and thank you.

On 10/11/2018 at 17:44, haufdaft said:

Is it time to drop Goodwillie?

By all means drop him for another big strong and with pacey guy, plenty of them just bursting a gut to play at this Or any other level..... Heard everything now

Edited by clyde_r_us