The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Don’t really get the huge disappointment in Currie going? He was decent at best, wonder if it more we had been inflicted with JC, Barclay etc that he suddenly looked like Van Der Sar. For all the clean sheets and fair play for that, but there were equally some hugely dodgy moments including one on Saturday actually at 1-0. Could argue that Peterhead performance may have cost us a better chance of actually winning the league.

I wouldn’t have been upset at all if he stayed but as said before he was decent at best. Who is to say he wanted to stay if there was a prospect of him not being first choice.

On the whole I’m more than pleased with the signing activity so far, very, very early days. Remember Lennon has taken a team up before, I’m sure he realises he has to change things a fair bit... quality etc.

Don’t really get the huge disappointment in Currie going? He was decent at best, wonder if it more we had been inflicted with JC, Barclay etc that he suddenly looked like Van Der Sar. For all the clean sheets and fair play for that, but there were equally some hugely dodgy moments including one on Saturday actually at 1-0. Could argue that Peterhead performance may have cost us a better chance of actually winning the league.

I wouldn’t have been upset at all if he stayed but as said before he was decent at best. Who is to say he wanted to stay if there was a prospect of him not being first choice.

On the whole I’m more than pleased with the signing activity so far, very, very early days. Remember Lennon has taken a team up before, I’m sure he realises he has to change things a fair bit... quality etc.
Freddy spot on
Maybe the fan club can tell us one game in the run in that fans come away from the game saying the keeper won us the game
a competent goalkeeper who had a myth built around that he set up loads of goals on the back of a long clearance at peterhead anyway good luck to him like the rest the club moves on

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Freddy spot on
Maybe the fan club can tell us one game in the run in that fans come away from the game saying the keeper won us the game
a competent goalkeeper who had a myth built around that he set up loads of goals on the back of a long clearance at peterhead anyway good luck to him like the rest the club moves on

Think that's a harsh assessment of him, how many other players can you say won us a game throughout the season? He made a lot of important saves and also had a couple of howlers. In my eyes he was more than capable this year, but I'm also accepting that there was potential for improvement in that position and I'll trust Danny's judgement. 

Think that's a harsh assessment of him, how many other players can you say won us a game throughout the season? He made a lot of important saves and also had a couple of howlers. In my eyes he was more than capable this year, but I'm also accepting that there was potential for improvement in that position and I'll trust Danny's judgement. 
you didnt see mc niff last minute goals Rankin, DGW etc?
it's all about opinions as said good luck to him

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

you didnt see mc niff last minute goals Rankin, DGW etc?
it's all about opinions as said good luck to him

It's a full 90 mins that wins a game, not a goal or moment. Currie at times  was as important as these last minute goals, but was also culpable of errors himself. As I said, he leaves with my best wishes, and I'm confident Danny has identified improvement in that department.