The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Apologies if it has been discussed 3000 pages ago but can anyone tell me what happened with Project Braver? I know you were meant to be playing a bunch of glamour friendlies against higher opposition but never actually heard anything about them taking place. Does anyone know the script or have a link to a list of games played?

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/team/project-braver/

18 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

Hearing from the wee Jamaican guy who gives out mints and deodorant in Bennett’s that Lyons is staying 

Funny one that, the cashier at Greggs in Buchanan St was adamant he was off. I suggest an actual, physical fight in town between the Greggs cashier and the Bennets toilet guy to force the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Our chances next season rest on Ross Lyon's whereabouts.

The club is pleased to confirm that six players from the current squad have signed new contracts with The Bully Wee, as preparation continue for the 2019-20 season.

Barry Cuddihy and Scott Rumsby have agreed new two-year deals with Clyde.

Kieran Duffie, Declan Fitzpatrick, Mark Lamont and John Rankin have all put pen to paper on a one-year extension.

Discussions are continuing to take place with other squad members, also depending on their availablity, with further updates to follow when possible.

I don’t really remember noticing Smith play against us. Apprehensive about ditching young talent and bringing in guys that are approaching the final days of their career.

In all honesty I’m raging about the release of Currie, Cogill and Boyle. We HAVE to secure Lang now. Also can’t see us getting a better keeper. Clyde clyding it

2 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

I don’t really remember noticing Smith play against us. Apprehensive about ditching young talent and bringing in guys that are approaching the final days of their career.

In all honesty I’m raging about the release of Currie, Cogill and Boyle. We HAVE to secure Lang now. Also can’t see us getting a better keeper. Clyde clyding it

Behave yourself 

5 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

Go out side and get some fresh air pal, you're talking some amount of shite.

Rumsby was excellent this season and happy enough for him to get a 2 year deal, along with Cuddihy. Rankin and Lamont pleasing too. The other 2 more squad players.

I thought Currie was fine as a keeper, but it’s madness to say we won’t get better. 

7 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

If you were a Greggs cashier, deodorant dealer in  Bennetts or even a barmaid in Stirling and you could uplift your earnings by say 50%, why wouldn't you?  That team-spirit and backing from the fans doesn't put bread on the table.  I think we got really lucky with TL, RG, C McS etc, but we should recognise these boys could play at a higher level. If and I hope its if, any decide to move on, we should wish them well IMO

The likes of Lang and McStay are either in, or have just returned from, Portugal. McStay will also likely go back to Australia for the summer too. Yes they might sign elsewhere but people need to stop shitting the bed because they haven’t signed yet.

I imagine Fitzpatrick will be on buttons, most likely out on loan again.
No problem with the rest either Duffie .. squad player.
Currie was decent no more than that, depends who we are bringing in, too indecisive at times. Loved him as back up though.

If we release players it’s with the mindset of improving on them. If they choose to move on there’s little we can do but try and improve on them, in Danny and Allan we have the right management to do that.

It’s not been a week since we went up, many of the squad that did this are signed up. There is literally nothing to worry about at the moment.

Currie was very decent but we can get better. Boyle and Cogill didn’t play a lot in the run in but did their parts. Cracking guys and wish them well.