Ray Grant*
Ross Lyons
Kevin Nicoll
John Rankin
Mark Lamont

David Goodwillie
Kristoffer Syvertsen
Ally Love

Obviously the priority is defence, then if McStay and Grant leave we'd need to plug the gaps there. Up top we're ok but another Striker would be ideal.

7 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Not often a keeper with 20 clean sheets for a promoted team will get released but I will trust DL's judgement.

I like Currie and often stood up for him when his fanclub got started. Unfortunately though he was prone to too many f**k ups and heart in the mouth moments. I'd have personally kept him but Danny obviously has his eye on someone.

Very bold Danny...I know we're a great team going forward but 11 outfield players!  Will we play nearest the goal or use Ranks as a backsy keeper?

Fairwell to the departing 6...none let us down and all will be ok for finding new clubs. Currie was not everyone's  favourite but I think we could count his errors this season  on the fingers of 1 hand.

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Fat fingers

Hearing from a stirling barmaid  that Currie going to s Albion along with 2 or 3 of clyde promotion winning squad. All is not rosy. :thumbsdown  I will endeavour to find out more

All is rosy at Clyde. [emoji1360]The only players that you will be getting from us is one of the six that’s been released today.

Sad to see Currie and Cogill go.

Currie was key to our playing out from the back this year, he started moves regularly, and his quick punts for Goodwillie to chase put the opposition defenders under pressure who were often happy just to concede a throw in deep in their own half. However, even when playing with three defenders who were good in the air (Lang, Rumsby & McNiff), we always seemed to be under real pressure defending corners and I think Currie had a lot to do with that. It was also noticeable Allan Moore seemed to be getting increasingly frustrated with some of his more wayward goal kicks as the season went on.

It’s not ridiculous to think we can get a more solid keeper than Currie, but he’ll go down as one of our most likeable keepers in recent years, even if he did make some games a little too “interesting”.

I’m sorry we’re not giving Cogill another chance, though it would be understandable if he wasn’t overly keen to stay whilst not getting much game time. Lang gets raved about all the time, but when Cogill was playing well he was our best out and out defender IMO. I hope he finds a good club (preferably down south so we don’t have to play him) and goes on to fill his potential.

Of the rest, Boyle could become a very good player but (as Sao Paulo said) he needs a team built to suit him and we’re not that at the moment. Jordan Stewart was always a solid defender but it was clear Lennon didn’t rate him, so it’s no surprise he’s away.

Hughes we never saw enough of to judge him properly and Aaron Millar… well, good luck.

I generally prefer a promoted side to make at least half a dozen signings to strengthen and refresh the team, so hopefully we have some good ones planned.

Edited by Jaggy Snake