The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

1 minute ago, clydenil said:

How. About somebody opening a new thread on the League 1 forum?

Not GTF day yet. People have already made threads on the League 1 forum and been booted into the sea.

Thomson was offered a full-time contract on heavily reduced terms by Morton, so it's not as if they saw him as any sort of a priority signing. He'd be a good addition for us, but successfully fending off interest in Goodwillie is more important than recruiting any other singular striker. 

2 minutes ago, Adored said:

Hearing from a stirling barmaid  that Currie going to s Albion along with 2 or 3 of clyde promotion winning squad. All is not rosy. :thumbsdown  I will endeavour to find out more

Who are the others, then? Currie isn't irreplaceable, to be honest. A good 'keeper, but hardly one of our best players.

4 minutes ago, Adored said:

Hearing from a stirling barmaid  that Currie going to s Albion along with 2 or 3 of clyde promotion winning squad. All is not rosy. :thumbsdown  I will endeavour to find out more

So you’re saying that 3 or 4 are leaving ? Not exactly a sign of any revolt is it ?

2 minutes ago, Adored said:

Depends who it is. Currie would be a surprise but he has been less than convincing this season so if we’ve got someone lined up not a great loss. 

If there is indeed another 2 or 3, could be bitpart players so let’s not panic. Why would a first pick go to Stirling ahead of Clyde in League 1 ? 

17 minutes ago, Adored said:

I could see this being true about Currie. I dont think he is good enough to start in league 1, I would keep him as backup but he probably wants to play every week and Stirling would be a chance for that.

Would welcome some of your first team squad players obviously. Darren Smith about to be announced as signing for a team further up the ladder from us. Clyde did cross my mind (I don't have any inside info) so there may be some quid pro quo going on.

18 minutes ago, BWAClyde said:

I could see this being true about Currie. I dont think he is good enough to start in league 1, I would keep him as backup but he probably wants to play every week and Stirling would be a chance for that.

I’m purely guessing but that 2 or 3 could include the likes of Currie, Nicoll and Stewart for example. The only one I’d miss out of those would be Currie and truthfully, it’s more for his kicking ability than anything else.

ETA: Sorry BWAClyde, I really meant to quote adored’s original post.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Seems legit, I imagine Stirling barmaids would defo be in the know on our transfer dealings.

6 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

A really hate the anti-Currie sentiment. 20 clean sheets this season. Conceded one in 4 playoff matches. He’s also getting rapidly better with the ball at his feet.

I’m not anti Currie at all. He’s got lots of good attributes, his distribution being a big one. He’s also a good shot stopper normally but for me the issue with him is that he doesn’t command his area like he could. I recall in the first half of the Edinburgh home game recently Lang giving him pelters for not taking control of a situation in the box. All it would have taken in that instance would have been for Currie to communicate what was happening in front of him and behind Lang. That said, I would be quite happy if we saw him again next year. 

7 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I’m purely guessing but that 2 or 3 could include the likes of Currie, Nicoll and Stewart for example. The only one I’d miss out of those would be Currie and truthfully, it’s more for his kicking ability than anything else.

ETA: Sorry BWAClyde, I really meant to quote adored’s original post.

Currie with the ball at his feet is such a mixed bag. His short to mid range passing ability is very good (I’m sure he’s started off moves for a few goals this season) but when he goes long  there are generally two options. It goes out for a throw in left or a throw in right. 

I’ve watched Clyde for about 10 years now and Currie is probably one of the best keepers we have had in this time , I bet David de Gea is glad he doesn’t  play for Clyde because he would get slaughtered every week for the errors he makes Currie is a decent keeper who is improving all the time  . If the rumours are true I hope we are going to bring in someone who is significantly better than Currie 20 clean sheets and in team if the year something fishy going on here I suspect.

54 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Thomson was offered a full-time contract on heavily reduced terms by Morton, so it's not as if they saw him as any sort of a priority signing. He'd be a good addition for us, but successfully fending off interest in Goodwillie is more important than recruiting any other singular striker. 

one man team