The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

I reckon with Banks being gone Boyle would get more football next season. He has huge potential I hope we keep him
Boyle has shown nothing during the last season to indicate that he still has huge potential.

We should let him go with our best wishes.

The problem is that Cogill and Boyle may come as a package.

Agree with all the above re Boyle and Cogill. There's massive potential there, we need to get those lads games.

Cogill's aggressive, a good size and obviously has a decent football education behind him. Boyle's one of those players who your team needs built to accomodate: nippy, good touch, clever, jinky; will get pushed about though. It's the Brian Gilmour situation, to me. Deployed right, he's a smashing player. Stuck out on a wing without support or up against a stronger player and he's muted.

Boyle has shown nothing during the last season to indicate that he still has huge potential.

We should let him go with our best wishes.

The problem is that Cogill and Boyle may come as a package.

I think he has looked good but has often come on out of his natural position. Maybe renew his contract as it stands if he wants to stay and see what he can offer. I’m a big fan

http://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2019/05/23/6123/

Upgrade includes new pitch, new dugouts and upgrades to the tunnel. Two of the league cup games will be played at Hamilton too. As long as we don’t end up playing any league games too like we did with Alloa a few years back.

Good to see Broadwood getting upgraded further still too.

don't see Boyle getting kept on he has shown virtually nothing
Cogill was injured so that hampered his playing
In summary thanks Jack best wishes with you next team
I would have Cogill back next season

Agree with all the above re Boyle and Cogill. There's massive potential there, we need to get those lads games.

Cogill's aggressive, a good size and obviously has a decent football education behind him. Boyle's one of those players who your team needs built to accomodate: nippy, good touch, clever, jinky; will get pushed about though. It's the Brian Gilmour situation, to me. Deployed right, he's a smashing player. Stuck out on a wing without support or up against a stronger player and he's muted.
so we have to change the team to accommodate 1 player who has shown virtually nothing He had chances this season and was dropped the next week
unless Lennon thinks he can turn it around doubt he is getting retained

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

http://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2019/05/23/6123/

Upgrade includes new pitch, new dugouts and upgrades to the tunnel. Two of the league cup games will be played at Hamilton too. As long as we don’t end up playing any league games too like we did with Alloa a few years back.

Good to see Broadwood getting upgraded further still too.

Hopefully theres enough seats at Hamilton's ground to accomodate us after outnumbering them at the weekend there.

As a Clyde fan marooned in England I am limited to watching highlights on the website. My first Clyde game was at Firhill in (I think) 1954, when we beat the Jags 3-2. Messrs Ring, Robertson and Haddock were the mainstay of the team as I recall. I've been through the downs (and a few ups) since then, but my greatest delight was receiving the news of our promotion on Saturday. A few beers were sunk, followed by something a wee bit stronger, and my mouth on Sunday felt as though a budgie had used it as a toilet. 

After all the changes - of grounds, of managers and of ownership, it's terrific to see the Bully Wee climbing back towards where they belong, and let's hope that DL stays on for some time to cement the upward climb. Hoping too that the board follow Norrie's vision for the future and keep the housekeeping tidy to avoid any of the previous "mistakes". 

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

so we have to change the team to accommodate 1 player who has shown virtually nothing He had chances this season and was dropped the next week
unless Lennon thinks he can turn it around doubt he is getting retained

Re the bold. It's either that or lose him, aye.

As for "shown virtually nothing", no. I don't think that's true. He's shown that he's got a great touch, is a good dribbler, can beat a player and can score a goal or two.

1 hour ago, Sao Paulo said:

As for "shown virtually nothing", no. I don't think that's true. He's shown that he's got a great touch, is a good dribbler, can beat a player and can score a goal or two.

I would agree with that but I don't think he has done so on a regular basis to deserve a contract in a league above. He just hasn't developed as much as our other attacking threats have throughout the season.

Personally I would keep Coggill, was really starting to make the CH position his own before injury. I can understand the mixed opinions concerning Boyle, truthfully he never done enough last season to earn a new deal but I believe there is a real talent in there and could become an important player for us. It's a tough one to call and I don't think anyone is more qualified to make the call than DL, let's see what happens.

if danny lennon thinks Boyle is due another season then that's good enough for me but he hardly played him all season
Maybe he needs to go to another club kick start his career he has lots of potential but he really doesn't show the drive or appetite for the game

Not rated by Morton but had a decent record in part-time football. Remember what Lennon done with the likes of Wardlaw, sure.

Personally, I'm pleased that we're looking for a bit of muscle and experience to partner Goodie. With a strong midfield behind, we could score a lot of goals that way.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Apparently trying to sign Robert Thomson ex Morton, he has left full-time football because of work commitments but part time suits him 

Sure he had a good record at Brechin and then Dumbarton before going to Morton. Would be a handy striker in league 1. 

2 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Not rated by Morton but had a decent record in part-time football. Remember what Lennon done with the likes of Wardlaw, sure.

Personally, I'm pleased that we're looking for a bit of muscle and experience to partner Goodie. With a strong midfield behind, we could score a lot of goals that way.

How can you say he was not rated by Morton yet he had just turned down a contract?

ps Congratulations on your shortest ever post 

4 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Just off the phone to my best mate who works with John Bairds misses, Baird signing a 2 year deal next week! 

But but but, he’s moving to Australia. :blink: