The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

On 4/28/2018 at 18:32, Bully Wee Charlie said:

Think Goodwillie will move on and got a feeling Danny will go full time somewhere.  That will leave us back at square one.  Would love to get quoted on this in August saying how wrong I was. Danny & Goodie we need you.

You were very, very wrong. :thumsup2

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Well done on your promotion chaps.  Enjoyed your visit to Linlithgow earlier in season.

Incidentally you will be back visiting us during the pre season, hopefully weather better.

See you as a league one team at the end of June.  Enjoy your night.

Hopefully that doesn't clash with my holiday; the trip to Linlithgow was excellent in November. I'd hope our supporters turn out in force; it's easy to get to on the train, lots of pubs/cafes etc. Look forward to seeing you make your way up the leagues.

1 hour ago, The_BullyWee said:

Lennon in the Arria Lounge before the game was saying that the majority of the squad have agreed on new deals. Rankin was also saying he expects to be fit for the start of next season and will sign a new contract with us.

This is music to my ears 

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

:wub: I had a wee word with Grant on the pitch, telling him that I cheered his cynical late challenge and subsequent booking as though it were a goal. I got the impression he'd be back, anyway, when he said "aye, I think that's me suspended for the first game of next season - not too bothered, though!"

His dad was sitting next to me and celebrated both goals like a lifelong Clyde fan.:)

7 minutes ago, WBR said:

His dad was sitting next to me and celebrated both goals like a lifelong Clyde fan.:)

Looks like Raymundo will be getting the Website PotY as well. Thoroughly deserved, for the calmest player I've ever seen play for Clyde.

Massive congrats to all connected to Clyde.

Looking forward to a NL derby and some decent games against Falkirk and Raith. Can’t wait for next season.

Well done on your deserved playoff victory,  never been to Broadwood since you beat Airdrie about 12 years ago,  Pat Clarke getting the winner that day.. Clyde have a good manager and a somewhat unexpected United support,  which you could see the players respond to, something which is sadly lacking at Airdrie.    . League one is a funny league, we have struggled year in year out with good players other teams the same,  If the players keep up the energy and roll with the punches next season you could do all right.   Well that's our New Years game sorted out anyway.  Good Luck and welcome to the seaside league.

Please get Grant, McStay, McNiff, Rumbsy. New deals Danny.

Alan Martin out of favour at QOTS wouldn’t be unrealistic to try get him signed up for next season.

Very chuffed with Johnston signing he is a cracking player :thumsup2

It occured to me this morning that in the course of this season we lost a lot of legends - I'm thinking both about lifelong, loyal supporters as well as former players and managers. While it's a sad thing that they weren't here to see us return to success after such a prolonged drout, it's great that we saw it through in the way we did, particularly for their families whose connection with Clyde is a vicarious connection with them.

2 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

It occured to me this morning that in the course of this season we lost a lot of legends - I'm thinking both about lifelong, loyal supporters as well as former players and managers. While it's a sad thing that they weren't here to see us return to success after such a prolonged drout, it's great that we saw it through in the way we did, particularly for their families whose connection with Clyde is a vicarious connection with them.

Yeah, there was one in particular I spoke to outside briefly after full time that my heart really goes out to. He’d be incredibly proud. 

Chuffed to bits. An absolutely superb day (and night!).

I'm the same as Karpaty age wise so this was the first properly celebrated success for me too following Clyde. The adrenalin running onto the park is something that will live with me forever, hugging absolutely every c**t in sight.

Roll on next season for some changes of scenery, if true about the majority of the squad agreeing terms and with a few key additions there's no reason why we can't do well. 

Zzzzzz

It is undeniably true though. You’s are the best resourced team in league 2 and potentially league 1 (bar Falkirk) and still needed our 4 point deduction to help yous over the line. It’s pathetic. Your squad are ancient too