The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Congratulations to everyone connected to the club, fantastic feeling... still buzzing.

Echo thanks to Norrie changed whole mentality of club and of course brought Danny Lennon in with Allan Moore of course. [emoji122][emoji122]

Also thanks to David D for all hard work for more years than can remember, keeping us going till this moment [emoji122][emoji122]

Just now, BendtnerBairn said:

Do you lads think you go could go for a back to back?

Got some really good players...

I’m worried about the two promoted teams tbh.

It depends on who we retain and add, but I don't think we'll be in any danger of going down next season. What with it being such a strong division (in purely club terms), it's very premature to be entertaining thoughts of a back-to-back effort - even if both Lennon and Moore have previous. I'd be delighted with a mid-table showing, personally. I don't think the division has a huge amount to fear in Peterhead, unless they throw some serious cash at things. McInally is a fraud.

1 minute ago, BendtnerBairn said:

I start from the position that any League 1 team with David Goodwillie likely to be leading their line has to aspire to as much. If we keep our core, sign a big partner for Goodwillie, get a forward-thinking left-back and maybe find an enduring Kevin Nicoll replacement... We've got to be thinking play-offs.

What a day. Makes all the hurt and obstacles weve overcome worthwhile. What a team we have. Players and all staff included. Great to see a crowd of 2700+ there today.

Honestly cant remember celebrations like today's when  both goals went in! Absolute scenes!!

We are the Clyde, we're on our way back!!

7 minutes ago, The_BullyWee said:

Lennon in the Arria Lounge before the game was saying that the majority of the squad have agreed on new deals. Rankin was also saying he expects to be fit for the start of next season and will sign a new contract with us.

:wub: I had a wee word with Grant on the pitch, telling him that I cheered his cynical late challenge and subsequent booking as though it were a goal. I got the impression he'd be back, anyway, when he said "aye, I think that's me suspended for the first game of next season - not too bothered, though!"

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

It depends on who we retain and add, but I don't think we'll be in any danger of going down next season. What with it being such a strong division (in purely club terms), it's very premature to be entertaining thoughts of a back-to-back effort - even if both Lennon and Moore have previous. I'd be delighted with a mid-table showing, personally. I don't think the division has a huge amount to fear in Peterhead, unless they throw some serious cash at things. McInally is a fraud.

Zzzzzz

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Got some really good players...

I’m worried about the two promoted teams tbh.

Possibly no reason why not

I'm sure in the coming weeks we will be able to share in some fun nostalgia about our own Banter years, but for now, a massive well done to everyone associated with the club. Thoroughly deserved.

The anticipation of next year in what looks like a terrific League 1 is just another boost at the end of an amazing season.