The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Yesterday was very disappointing and in hindsight I suppose not surprising; we do have a habit of not turning up for big meaningful games and we also have a poor record at Central Park.

We simply can’t seem to come up with a way of playing on such a tight playing surface. Certainly it doesn’t suit our passing style game as we are squeezed for space. Lennon I think therefore tried to play long.. doesn’t work for us as we don’t support Goodwillie in these situations. Going toe to toe with a Bollan team does not work as he plays that way every week and has players who can do it at that level.

Finally, we never lost yesterday because of the officials but that said their overall handling of the game was abysmal. They allowed the game to descend into the nasty game it became. Enough has been said about the missed penalty.

Tuesday will be difficult but I expect a reaction from this squad, they always have this season. Changes too I think... If Cuddihy out then is it Duffie straight in? Do we try 3 at the back and bring in Banks, Boyle. Surely McStay can be as awful as he was yesterday?

Certainly not Nicoll, but I think Lennon will play him.

Was so confident of a result on Saturday that I had already made arrangements to be in Edinburgh on Tuesday so I will most likely attend the playoff game.

I thought Clyde were the best team in the league this year and for that reason alone I will be cheering on EC as I would prefer them in our league next year.  Having said that, I expect to see Clyde taking care of the playoffs and gaining promotion.

Whatever happens, best of luck to you, this season has been great for entertainment value.

Edited by strichener

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

Was so confident of a result on Saturday that I had already made arrangements to be in Edinburgh on Tuesday so I will most likely attend the playoff game.

I thought Clyde were the best team in the league this year and for that reason alone I will be cheering on EC as I would prefer the in our league next year.  Having said that, I expect to see Clyde taking care of the playoffs and gaining promotion.

Whatever happens, best of luck to you, this season has been great for entertainment value.

We've had our moments, Strichy- but fairs fair. Aye its been some season. Four crackin games between us. Another four next year. The pixel rivalry here's really down to bordeom. Nothing personal!

Time to regroup and get ready for the play offs,  if successful we will have 2 home games,  I'd expect a crowd of around 1,000 at each.  with everyone paying at the gate that should bring in  £22,000+,   Fingers crossed promotion + a decent kitty to start next season.

1 minute ago, shawfielder said:

Time to regroup and get ready for the play offs,  if successful we will have 2 home games,  I'd expect a crowd of around 1,000 at each.  with everyone paying at the gate that should bring in  £22,000+,   Fingers crossed promotion + a decent kitty to start next season.

Indeed. The pathetic jump in prize money between 1st and 2nd almost makes it viable to not win the title- crazy. I think we have what we deserve. Peterhead deserved winners, with a very experienced side finishing up running scared of us. We can't complain, as i don't think the evidence stacks up that we could have taken anything more than perhaps a point from Elgin THAT DAY, given our run of lack of goals at the time- and we still (and might further) struggled with Annan's physicality twice, along with a motivated Cowden side. League table doesnt lie.

I seem to remember at one of the AGM’s they said that the league take a cut of the gate money. I hope I’ve made that up, but knowing that shower I bet the do.

59 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Indeed. The pathetic jump in prize money between 1st and 2nd almost makes it viable to not win the title- crazy. I think we have what we deserve. Peterhead deserved winners, with a very experienced side finishing up running scared of us. We can't complain, as i don't think the evidence stacks up that we could have taken anything more than perhaps a point from Elgin THAT DAY, given our run of lack of goals at the time- and we still (and might further) struggled with Annan's physicality twice, along with a motivated Cowden side. League table doesnt lie.

Motivated Cowdenbeath?

Every time a professional player steps over the line, they are (or should be) motivated. What a stupid comment. 

21 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

image.thumb.png.b4f6716ffd0363abb3a217d03c80a05e.png

8 hours ago, blueone said:

What happened to the 3-0 defeats to Albion Rovers & Queens Park? :P

3 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Read the top line .

Top line - 'Clyde FC'.

Cheers, I understand it now.

From the Peterhead FC website -

BLUE TOON MANAGER JIM McINALLY:

“We are delighted and what pleases us is that we have won it by five points otherwise we would have had stuff thrown at us about the four points that Clyde lost.”

“That was always in the back of my mind and that was what hurt me so much last week the fact that we spilled those two points and people would say we did not win it fairly.” 

“Great credit to Clyde, who had a fantastic points total as well, and if there is any justice in football they will win the play-offs and come up with us.”

“We are delighted and what pleases us is that we have won it by five points otherwise we would have had stuff thrown at us about the four points that Clyde lost.”

“That was always in the back of my mind and that was what hurt me so much last week the fact that we spilled those two points and people would say we did not win it fairly.” 

“Great credit to Clyde, who had a fantastic points total as well, and if there is any justice in football they will win the play-offs and come up with us.”

of course just as long as we don't celebrate too much

NcInnally ain't half as relieved as the two amigos at Clyde that caused the 4 point deduction.

1 hour ago, Blue-Toon said:

Does he not mean great credit to Cowdenbeath who enabled him to make the claim in the first sentence? 

of course just as long as we don't celebrate too much

NcInnally ain't half as relieved as the two amigos at Clyde that caused the 4 point deduction.
We'll never know what the league table would have finished like if we hadn't got the 4 point penalty. Clyde and Peterhead would have been going into games with a different mindset.