The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

As others have mentioned if we were to some how pull this off then I couldn’t give a monkey’s if we don’t see trophy straight away.
Me and my two boys going tomorrow to support the players and Management after what they have given us this year.

I’m not in all honesty expecting to be champions tomorrow. Don’t think QP are good enough to beat Peterhead tomorrow given what is at stake on the day. Certainly don’t expect anything other than an extremely difficult game from Cowdenbeath tomorrow, a narrow victory if anything, given our record against them especially at Central Park.
Here’s hoping and see what happens.

As others have mentioned if we were to some how pull this off then I couldn’t give a monkey’s if we don’t see trophy straight away.
Me and my two boys going tomorrow to support the players and Management after what they have given us this year.

I’m not in all honesty expecting to be champions tomorrow. Don’t think QP are good enough to beat Peterhead tomorrow given what is at stake on the day. Certainly don’t expect anything other than an extremely difficult game from Cowdenbeath tomorrow, a narrow victory if anything, given our record against them especially at Central Park.
Here’s hoping and see what happens.
think that's exactly how all the fans heading through tommorow all about the team and management show our appreciation for a very special group of players

just keep believing [emoji106]

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

Would they pull this if it was rangers or Celtic?
Would they f**k!

I don't think either will ever rock up at Central Park to win a league title, although Rangers could have a few years back.

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

f**k the SFA

Whats it got to do with them?

How many other teams have had to hop on a bus for an hour and drive down the road to collect their trophy on the last day. It’s farcical if it comes to pass.

To answer my own question I believe it is also the same number of teams who have had 3-0 walk over wins awarded against them in a league situation.

19 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

How many other teams have had to hop on a bus for an hour and drive down the road to collect their trophy on the last day. It’s farcical if it comes to pass.

To answer my own question I believe it is also the same number of teams who have had 3-0 walk over wins awarded against them in a league situation.

If the Racewall have, in all good intentions btw, overshot their own runway, i think there ARE positives to the relocation. The presentation must, absolutely must take place at CP to garner the full experience. With a further, more intimate celebration and marking of the potential event back at Broadwood- lounge and all- but none of this was arranged. Its not arrogance, it's practicalities.

Staffing issues, do i hear?

Employees of NLL serving Clyde fixtures, even at short notice, would be guaranteed either the shift tomorrow, or a further two in the following weeks. Double time for the inconvenience of last-minute decision, ie we win the fuckin thing, or two shifts later after having tomorrow off. With an open bar, and players staff and fans in fucking dreamland all night, it would be paid for twenty times over. 

But naw. None of that will happen. 

No major surprise then, playoffs it is

Felt the injury to Ranks could potentially be a big blow, he's been a strong influence to the younger lads around him & DL will need to work this one out.  Personally I'd give Grant the role, he's earned the trust and put someone else in with pace beside McStay and Lamont.

Hopefully nothing serious with Cuddihy today, defence has been decent. Just need to re-group and focus on each game. They've still easily enough to do it, but expect it'll still be tough

Been a terrific effort, get the heads right and every chance

3 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

With the 2018/19 season now having finally reached a conclusion, it’s time to cast your vote for the best officiating decision of the campaign! With just so many to choose from it has been a difficult task condensing the nominations, but nevertheless your shortlist is as follows:

01. Blair Currie sending off

Clyde vs. Annan & Newlands

Broadwood Stadium: Saturday, 23rd March 2019

Recap: Muir grabs our keeper by the leg until he falls over, theatrically feigns injury before springing to his feet moments later to continue his ruse with an oblivious linesman, said linesman reacts like a startled deer caught in headlights amidst a swathe of cheating thugs and makes a panic induced guess, culminating in a red card and penalty

02. Brown wonder save

Clyde vs. Peterhead & Munro

Broadwood Stadium: Saturday, 6th April 2019

Recap: Brown makes a spectacular reaction block on the line following a goal-bound Rumsby header from a corner, punching the ball to the ground before it is booted clear, a referee having the horror-show of his career unsurprisingly fails to observe this or be swayed by unanimous remonstration

03. Defensive basketball

Clyde vs. Cowdenbeath & Steven

Central Midden: Saturday, 4th May 2019

Recap: Todd channels his inner Maradona and punches the ball out for a corner whilst under pressure, every single member of the 1,007 fans in attendance plus a few dozen technical staff observe this spectacle yet incredulously two of the three match officials with unimpeded views do not

The correct answer to this, is an unprecented  all three. 

We really are so reviled. 

Good, i say. 

The players need to forget about today's game and regroup for the playoffs. They have the ability to go on and win it. Dont know what Stenny are like (other than Munro and McGuigan) but it's a strong showing from league 2 with us, Edinburgh and Annan.

Big night on Tuesday.

On behalf of the young females of Cumbernauld, I hope Clyde are unsuccessful in the playoffs. We know how some of them can get on a night out.
That's a brilliant joke.

I think with practice you could become the Norman Collier of Scotland.

Well done.