The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

I'm quite happy if we win the title
can understand people with travel arrangements who won't see the trophy be interesting to find out who decided on this or suggested it , maybe somebody is afraid of a pitch invasion [emoji6]
A bit online in the cumbernauld news about it....seemingly nowhere to land a chopper and the stock cars being main issue. Think thats SPFL talk for f**k you, youre not celtic. Any presenration will be at Broadwood at 7pm and opening gates to let everyone in.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The goons aren't to blame for everything. This is almost certainly down to the contractual arrangements (I'm being polite) between Cowdenbeath FC and Cowdenbeath Racewall. I had it clarified recently that CFC are sitting tenants and Racewall own the ground. I believe these stock car eegits drag themselves from all over the country just to smash up cars so when this meeting was planned (they have a season too) it's not hard to imagine that CoFC wouldn't have had concern about helicopters flying in after 5pm.  Unfortunate timing to say the least

http://www.racewall.co.uk/fixtures-and-results/fixtures/preview/197

P.S. The goons punished Fort William with a nine point deduction for player ineligibility. They ended up with a minus seven points tally for the season. That's -7!  Always look on the bright side of life...

I get that, but the racewall guys have been excellent and released a statement during the week saying they’ll delay the racewall to accommodate our celebrations including the wait for the arrival of the trophy. Them and Cowdenbeath FC have been excellent in their handling of this  

Fife airfield is not far, however the problem is more likely to be Hampden. I’ve said many times before that the trophy could be stationed at Livingston Services which is 40mins drive  from either venue... 

If this was Rangers or Celtic I’m sure they’d have had it all sorted out. Clueless idiots. 

You know what’s worse? We’ve still to try and win the bloody game and hope Peterheid f**k up again so I honestly hate discussing a potential trophy collection but obviously we can’t skip away from it now as the SPFL have managed to f**k up yet again...

A bit online in the cumbernauld news about it....seemingly nowhere to land a chopper and the stock cars being main issue. Think thats SPFL talk for f**k you, youre not celtic. Any presenration will be at Broadwood at 7pm and opening gates to let everyone in.
nowhere to land a helicopter [emoji23]cowdenbeath with it's 50 storey office blocks and shopping malls as for as the eye can see

I must say quite happy if we can win the title the presentation can take place anywhere they like if we can some how lift the title the entire Clyde support will float there [emoji23]

Scottish football at its finest. Would that happen in the Premier League ? Would it f**k. They’d have bent over backwards to sort something out. Just demonstrates (if we ever needed a another demonstration) that, outwith the big two, the people running our game couldn’t give a toss about anyone else, especially those pesky minnows in the lower leagues. 

Ultimately, if we are lucky enough to do it, I won’t let it take the shine off my joy.  

nowhere to land a helicopter [emoji23]cowdenbeath with it's 50 storey office blocks and shopping malls as for as the eye can see

I must say quite happy if we can win the title the presentation can take place anywhere they like if we can some how lift the title the entire Clyde support will float there [emoji23]
Stick it on the pitch !

14 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:
28 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
nowhere to land a helicopter emoji23.pngcowdenbeath with it's 50 storey office blocks and shopping malls as for as the eye can see

I must say quite happy if we can win the title the presentation can take place anywhere they like if we can some how lift the title the entire Clyde support will float there emoji23.png

Stick it on the pitch !

Far too sensible 

21 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:
35 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
nowhere to land a helicopter emoji23.pngcowdenbeath with it's 50 storey office blocks and shopping malls as for as the eye can see

I must say quite happy if we can win the title the presentation can take place anywhere they like if we can some how lift the title the entire Clyde support will float there emoji23.png

Stick it on the pitch !

Going by their previous, they probably reckon that would melt the grass.

I can understand them not being willing to splash out on a helicopter. It would probably make more sense to have the presentation on the Sunday, though, if we do it, to allow those travelling to Cowden the opportunity to be there. 

Still, I'll settle for a trophy presentation in the Yukon or Fiji if it means we are finally out of the bottom tier. 

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

I'm sure I read on here that Queens Park won it in 99/00 at Central Park with the trophy being delivered by helicopter.

Can't remember if it came by helicopter for QP but it did when we won in in 2006:P

If it meant we were to win the title tomorrow, then I wouldn't care if the trophy presentation was held in a decade's time at Central Park, New York City. 

ETA: Or the Yukon or Fiji, per Bully Wee Villa's better patter which I somehow missed.

Edited by the_bully_wee