The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Good and timely piece with Rankin on the site. Certainly, makes no bones about fronting out 'modern' attitudes to the game from young players, even as a youth coach himself. Half the players he plays with, and form part of the "ridicuolous" dressing room in terms of togetherness (his words) are barely older than the ones he takes in his day job, very hopefully a sign that they won't take a lot of convincing to commit to new (and longer) contracts. Provided we go up, of course. I imagine it a hard sell if we don't. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

On 21/04/2019 at 09:53, Village elder said:

Jealousy and envy are terrible burdens to load yourself down with .I really cannot fathom why folk are hell bent on decrying everything the Legend says and does .He did me the courtesy of sitting and talking  about football on our last visit there .I found him to be positive , enthusiastic and willing to wax lyrical on his hopes for Darvel..never once  miscalling or rubbishing any others . Perhaps he does lead with his chin at times but so what- does not make him a bad guy    and as for getting Eddy Ferns having watched him a few times this season good luck .I would give away my arse and shite through my ribs to get a player of his quality .It might well go tits up and folk will sit and snigger but surely it's better love and lose .....etc..Good luck to Darvel and every other junior club for the remainder of this season and next ( obviously with the exception  of Arthurlie and Rossvale  and any one else playing United until the season ends )

Edited by the_bully_wee

Goodwillie was undeniably the PotY last year and his non-nomination was a joke. This year I'm not convinced. The lack of any players from the likely champions is unbelievable though!

Goodwillie was undeniably the PotY last year and his non-nomination was a joke. This year I'm not convinced. The lack of any players from the likely champions is unbelievable though!
To be fair I'm struggling to think of our player of the season. We've had a few players who have been solid 7/10's most weeks but nobody has really stood out.

Just now, Blootoon87 said:
43 minutes ago, David W said:

To be fair I'm struggling to think of our player of the season. We've had a few players who have been solid 7/10's most weeks but nobody has really stood out.

I think this is a fair assessment, and also perhaps a reflective reality-check for us too, tbh. Peterhead have shown some valuable experience on nearly every recent visit to BW, but with that imo has come a complacency elsewhere, be that the manager is too comfortable with the players, or the directors are with him. Stability of that sort is as bad as stagnation, as given the improvement both in ourselves and Embra, Peterhead's clock as an L2 force is ticking. 

For us, our younger players are developing and maturing at the correct rate to ensure they don't make the same mistake and take their status for granted, which is in sync with matters surrounding the overall club. I'd like to see our overall form since last January's six signings came into the side, as i'd say three of them (Lang, CMS and Grant) have outgrown L2 and deserve a proper shot. As have Cuddihy, Rumsby and McNiff, as can be evidenced from the overall defensive record since that 3-3 horrorshow against Berwick. Surprised BC wasn't nominated, if im honest.

don't really get this that DGW is some how not the player he was last season ok he hasn't scored has many but his overall contribution to the team has been just as good Rankin has been a class act after less than great start to the season
For his goals alone Henderson will probably win it and he has scored right though out the season even when Edinburgh have slumped . Johnson at Annan looks a terrific player every time he plays against us , one of the few in the league that I would take at Clyde
As for no Peterhead players probably down to them being a very experienced team who have just went out and won games with ruthless efficiency but nothing spectacular still surprised no players made top 4 though

don't really get this that DGW is some how not the player he was last season

I’m not in a position to say if he is or isn’t but you tend to find this with a lot of players and a lot of the times it’s simply because people get used to watching him play, that the novelty or surprise factor wears off.