The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Clyde are my second team (after Hibs) and I have greatly enjoyed watching and celebrating your results this season, particularly the never say die attitude. From the clips I have seen on the website the team is strong and with a fair measure of skill. This team is young, well managed and  with little to fear and I think will do well next season whether in Div 1 or 2. 

The punishment handed out, under the circumstances, is absurd to Clyde but also to Albion and Berwick.  The error is extremely minor and while there clearly was a technical breech it is very insignificant. Now the outcome of not only promotion but who leaves Senior football might be decided not by skill, over the season, but jobsworth bureaucracy. If I was a Berwick fan I would be furious as there is no way Albion (who as it happens I don't want to see down and out) would have beaten Clyde 3-0. That said Clyde are clearly the strongest side in the division, particularly since Christmas, and if you keep ‘the heid’ you should prevail. Bloody unfair and stupid but still think you will do it. Now is not the time to argue amongst yourselves. leave that for the close season!

All but a few fans are in both camps. A calamitous error occurred, compounded by overly excessive retribution.

The fact of the matter is, however unwittingly, we made a mistake and needed to be penalised. The magnitude of the punishment completely outweighs the offence, but it benefits absolutely no one to dwell and squabble over it now. The appeal was our final opportunity to repair some of the damage, and as expected those who hold themselves in a position of authority have shown their true colours yet again. The fine is acceptable. Losing the points accrued for the primary fixture is acceptable. The 3-0 score line is a complete non-sense, and any form of punishment for the secondary fixture other than a replay at worst is simply absurd. Yet it is what it is.

As for the witch hunt, if the offending board members offered to quit and this was refused then I’m not sure what else can be achieved here? After making a blunder of such proportion then dismissal would seem like the preferred option, but only so long as it is in the best interests of the club. What is critical here is that the framework is introduced to prevent this or any discrepancy of a similar nature from occurring ever again.

It is perhaps selfish of me, but personally I couldn’t care less if we miss out on the trophy so long as we escape from this rabble of a league. And I’m sure those who hold Clyde closest would agree.

Very good post.
I agree re promotion but wonder if players would like a league winners medal on their cv.

Clyde are my second team (after Hibs) and I have greatly enjoyed watching and celebrating your results this season, particularly the never say die attitude. From the clips I have seen on the website the team is strong and with a fair measure of skill. This team is young, well managed and  with little to fear and I think will do well next season whether in Div 1 or 2. 
The punishment handed out, under the circumstances, is absurd to Clyde but also to Albion and Berwick.  The error is extremely minor and while there clearly was a technical breech it is very insignificant. Now the outcome of not only promotion but who leaves Senior football might be decided not by skill, over the season, but jobsworth bureaucracy. If I was a Berwick fan I would be furious as there is no way Albion (who as it happens I don't want to see down and out) would have beaten Clyde 3-0. That said Clyde are clearly the strongest side in the division, particularly since Christmas, and if you keep ‘the heid’ you should prevail. Bloody unfair and stupid but still think you will do it. Now is not the time to argue amongst yourselves. leave that for the close season!
come back if it happens to Hibs ,then tell us how you feel

Genuine question, where’s all the talk about a lesser punishment for the second game coming from?  What’s the basis for this.
because it took them till after the second game to tell us , it's all a bit clutching at straws [emoji16] but think that was the basis of the appeal

As always you are a troll if you don't go along with the herd. Clyde made an error and they were docked 4 points - that's what would normally be expected in these circumstances. Cowdenbeath have been docked two points in such circumstances more than once (when it was 2 points for a win). It's the club's responsibility not to field ineligible players not anyone else - blaming the SPFL even in part for the repeat offence is deflection. The only contentious bit really was the awarding 3 points to the other clubs - never thought there was any chance of an appeal being successful. It's a club error but dismissing people is indeed knee jerk and may do more harm than good.

This faux concern for Berwick from our supporters is embarrassing. By all means express your outrage at the way our club was treated but this attempt to become moral crusaders for the integrity of Scottish is laughable. We are a fan base who celebrate goals by racists and rapists for goodness sake. 

This faux concern for Berwick from our supporters is embarrassing. By all means express your outrage at the way our club was treated but this attempt to become moral crusaders for the integrity of Scottish is laughable. We are a fan base who celebrate goals by racists and rapists for goodness sake. 
And also a theologian student who scored our winner last Saturday.

*yawn*

7 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

It's November 2019. We are away at Airdrie for the first time in years and looking forward to Thistle coming to Broadwood next week.

At that point I am fairly sure very few will be sitting thinking ' if only we had come up as champions'.

What a lovely thought. 

We are looking at a bonfire bonanza against Civil Service Strollers and Vale Of Leithen.

It's November 2019. We are away at Airdrie for the first time in years and looking forward to Thistle coming to Broadwood next week.

At that point I am fairly sure very few will be sitting thinking ' if only we had come up as champions'.
I've been supporting Clyde since they moved to Broadwood and in all that time I've seen us win one league title. I'll be gutted if we lose the title due to an administrative mistake.

Getting up via the play offs would still be great but winning the league would be much better.

Think the point most are making is with regard to the players think in 10 years time they will say . I that was great getting up through the play offs who wanteed a league winners medal anyway
oh and this year's legends lunch 2030 features the Clyde team that won the play off final 2018/ 19 doesn't that have so much better ring than league champions 2018/19

like the others with your attitude you haven't been on the pitch bursting your balls ever week driving on till the last minute of games

1 hour ago, Stuart Anderson said:

This faux concern for Berwick from our supporters is embarrassing. By all means express your outrage at the way our club was treated but this attempt to become moral crusaders for the integrity of Scottish is laughable. We are a fan base who celebrate goals by racists and rapists for goodness 

Boring.

And the irony is you're trying to be the moral crusader bringing up that unrelated subject over a year after they joined us.

I'm sure you'll have a cry w**k over them when they fire us into League 1 next season.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

11 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Think the point most are making is with regard to the players think in 10 years time they will say . I that was great getting up through the play offs who wanteed a league winners medal anyway
oh and this year's legends lunch 2030 features the Clyde team that won the play off final 2018/ 19 doesn't that have so much better ring than league champions 2018/19

like the others with your attitude you haven't been on the pitch bursting your balls ever week driving on till the last minute of games

You make it sound like a disease. It is merely a view of the same outcome that says I am not that precious about the journey - ends justifies the means. It isn't an attitude, it's an ambition being fulfilled. The league is almost gone, put the other stuff away or it could get in the way of winning a potential/probable play-off.

I feel sorry for three clubs players affected by the decision.

Clyde, who may miss out on championship medals due to an adminstrative error.

Berwick Rangers, who may be relegated because of another clubs administrative error.

Peterhead*, who's players will forever know it's a tainted title (if they win it by less than 4 points)

* Truthfully, I don't really feel sorry for Peterhead at all.

You make it sound like a disease. It is merely a view of the same outcome that says I am not that precious about the journey - ends justifies the means. It isn't an attitude, it's an ambition being fulfilled. The league is almost gone, put the other stuff away or it could get in the way of winning a potential/probable play-off.
we just need to park all the points deduction stuff deal with off the park in the summer the support for the players had always been there and will continue to be there no reason why it wouldn't

I just thought to dismiss players potentially missing out on a medal as some sort of triviality was a bit off the mark

all we can do is focus on winning every game from now till our season ends that ensures promotion and might even bring a league title as I said this is a special bunch of players with a top management team anything is possible in Football

14 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

we just need to park all the points deduction stuff deal with off the park in the summer the support for the players had always been there and will continue to be there no reason why it wouldn't

I just thought to dismiss players potentially missing out on a medal as some sort of triviality was a bit off the mark

all we can do is focus on winning every game from now till our season ends that ensures promotion and might even bring a league title as I said this is a special bunch of players with a top management team anything is possible in Football

I am not dismissing their achievement at all. They have performed admirably and deserve our support.

The club can get special commemorative trophies made for each player if we finish less than 3 points behind. A couple of people can pay to get them made and engraved I'm sure.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Because SLW, that's exactly what this "attitude" is. It demonstrates absolutely f**k-all empathy for players efforts, despite the fact that its those very players who have got us there. Their loyalties, if the large majority of our players are as savvy as they seem, will be severely tested under those conditions. I suppose, in this instance, they can "f**k off if they don't like it", which as we all witnessed, was the "means" which very nearly and would justifiably have spelt the "end" for the club in the professional league after over 125 years. Of all the arguments i've endured, the idea that brazenly not giving a f**k how we go up, with the position we were in and remain in leaves me cold to the bone. It's fucking disgusting tbh.