The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

39 minutes ago, Jeremy Fisher said:

Maybe "someone" should analyse all Peterheid's 'comings and goings' pre-season and transfer window just to see if all their playing squad was "eligible". No wee hidden misdemeanours. Wouldn't that be a turn-up if they were also deducted points.... 

SSSH!! Don't mention ****** ******

How ironic would it be if both Peterhead and Clyde win their last three games and Clyde close up the goal difference. :shutup

Maybe "someone" should analyse all Peterheid's 'comings and goings' pre-season and transfer window just to see if all their playing squad was "eligible". No wee hidden misdemeanours. Wouldn't that be a turn-up if they were also deducted points.... 
Surely the Black fish scandal should be worth a 5 point deduction.

I can't say I'm overly enamored by the club statement.

They do at least give some details on the case but all the arguments mentioned have been discussed on here and we knew they would ultimately not be sufficient to overturn the decision.

Add in the fact they seem to think simply admitting to their fucking idiotic mistake means something, as though they could do anything other than admit it & withdraw the player from the squad.

Most importantly, there's a distinct lack of comment about how it seems we simply did not know the rules or how we will avoid a similar mistake again. 

don't think anyone has been told what the breech of rules I presume it was for calling him back outside the window . But interestingly he does appear in our squad unlike Arron Miller who is out on loan

In summary I have no idea

Apparently when he went on loan to Clydebank he was on an amateur contract. An amateur contract needs 28 days notice. When he returned to Clyde therefore he was still on an amateur contract and thereby was tied to the Bankies even though both parties agreed he could play for Clyde. Presumably someone at Clyde assumed he came back and his original contract with Clyde was still in force. Seems a fairly pedantic admin error.

Your club explains it better here...

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2019/04/15/6069/

4 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I can't say I'm overly enamored by the club statement.

They do at least give some details on the case but all the arguments mentioned have been discussed on here and we knew they would ultimately not be sufficient to overturn the decision.

Add in the fact they seem to think simply admitting to their fucking idiotic mistake means something, as though they could do anything other than admit it & withdraw the player from the squad.

Most importantly, there's a distinct lack of comment about how it seems we simply did not know the rules or how we will avoid a similar mistake again. 

100% spot on. Everyone knew there were new regulations for the new transfer window and this clearly is an exceptional case where it's not obvious what the rules would be. It is absolutely inexplicable that clarification wasn't sought before he was recalled.

I am fully aware that I may be alone in this but even a promotion through the playoffs for me would now be a slightly tainted one. The efforts of players and supporters deserved a shot at a title.

Most teams would’ve crumbled after being told that all the efforts they put in over 180 minutes meant nothing due to an admin error and we may have showed a slight sign of it against Elgin when we lost on the same day the news came out. Since then full credit goes to Danny Lennon and Allan Moore on managing to get the spirits up again and make the players realise they can still achieve promotion. I didn’t expect us to go on this sort of run after the news came out but this team is something special, they never give up and they will be more determined than before to get promotion.

So the Sweet F*ck All and their lackey's were aware of what Clyde were doing but kept Stumm..... then took great delight in imposing the most draconian penalty ever handed out for fielding an amateur player, while admitting their own admin does not include for checking team lines etc on a timely basis which begs the question as to how they can insist on clubs adhering to rules which by their own admission they don't bother checking..... that's what I take from the statement.  

My opinion has not changed...... F*ck the SFA & the SPFL 

21 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Apparently when he went on loan to Clydebank he was on an amateur contract. An amateur contract needs 28 days notice. When he returned to Clyde therefore he was still on an amateur contract and thereby was tied to the Bankies even though both parties agreed he could play for Clyde. Presumably someone at Clyde assumed he came back and his original contract with Clyde was still in force. Seems a fairly pedantic admin error.

Your club explains it better here...

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2019/04/15/6069/

That's the best explanation I've seen, including our statement this evening.

For me it  makes the SFA/SPFL decision more ludicrous, and seems very severe punishment for a minor admin error, particularly as it affects teams at both ends of the table. 

If only we had gone for an Emergency loan of a recognised striker from a higher league, instead of trying to gain an advantage by playing an amateur player making his senior debut :wacko:.

100% spot on. Everyone knew there were new regulations for the new transfer window and this clearly is an exceptional case where it's not obvious what the rules would be. It is absolutely inexplicable that clarification wasn't sought before he was recalled.
I am fully aware that I may be alone in this but even a promotion through the playoffs for me would now be a slightly tainted one. The efforts of players and supporters deserved a shot at a title.
don't think you are alone in thinking this way David

So the Sweet F*ck All and their lackey's were aware of what Clyde were doing but kept Stumm..... then took great delight in imposing the most draconian penalty ever handed out for fielding an amateur player, while admitting their own admin does not include for checking team lines etc on a timely basis which begs the question as to how they can insist on clubs adhering to rules which by their own admission they don't bother checking..... that's what I take from the statement.  
My opinion has not changed...... F*ck the SFA & the SPFL 

Exactly, as I have mentioned on here several times tonight and put to that Cowden Troll directly, which he ignored, the SPFL are responsible for checking the submitted team lines each week.

The error should have been flagged before the QP match but wasn’t due to the gross negligence of the SPFL, which we have been further punished for.

Thank f**k the SPFL have acknowledged their error though. That makes it all better! It must be nice to be in a position to say ‘oh yeah, sorry about that’ whilst punishing someone else for it.

well appears the fans are in two camps one who blames the SPFL / SFA and another who think the club messed up and have nobody else to blame.

Clever statement by the club trying to deflect most responsibility onto the SFA / SPFL and it seems to have worked with some fans

feel for the players In my opinion they have been let down badly by the club .We now just have to hope peterhead fold and we can move in and take the league title ( a long shot but hope springs eternal )

10 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

It is perhaps selfish of me, but personally I couldn’t care less if we miss out on the trophy so long as we escape from this rabble of a league. And I’m sure those who hold Clyde closest would agree.

I agree with this. As long as we go up one way or another I'm not bothered about how we get there!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

All but a few fans are in both camps. A calamitous error occurred, compounded by overly excessive retribution.

The fact of the matter is, however unwittingly, we made a mistake and needed to be penalised. The magnitude of the punishment completely outweighs the offence, but it benefits absolutely no one to dwell and squabble over it now. The appeal was our final opportunity to repair some of the damage, and as expected those who hold themselves in a position of authority have shown their true colours yet again. The fine is acceptable. Losing the points accrued for the primary fixture is acceptable. The 3-0 score line is a complete non-sense, and any form of punishment for the secondary fixture other than a replay at worst is simply absurd. Yet it is what it is.

As for the witch hunt, if the offending board members offered to quit and this was refused then I’m not sure what else can be achieved here? After making a blunder of such proportion then dismissal would seem like the preferred option, but only so long as it is in the best interests of the club. What is critical here is that the framework is introduced to prevent this or any discrepancy of a similar nature from occurring ever again.

It is perhaps selfish of me, but personally I couldn’t care less if we miss out on the trophy so long as we escape from this rabble of a league. And I’m sure those who hold Clyde closest would agree.
at the start of the season promotion was the target I agree most including myself will be going mental if we win a play off final ( I doubt there is anyone who won't be) as far as the who is at fault for the points deductions some seem to blame the SFA /SPFL and some the club . The punishment did seem severe especially after they didn't pick up on the Albion Rovers game , that said it's such a basic error it's pretty difficult to put up any defence . The group hit most by this is the players through no fault of their own they have had points deducted . I hope that we can still win the league and they get the medals they deserve I would also hope if we lose the title by less than four points and still go up through the play offs that the club would pay bonuses on a league title win if there is a differential from going up through the play offs

I would hope during the summer if go up or not there is a root and branch look at the the way the club is administered

That's the best explanation I've seen, including our statement this evening.
For me it  makes the SFA/SPFL decision more ludicrous, and seems very severe punishment for a minor admin error, particularly as it affects teams at both ends of the table. 
If only we had gone for an Emergency loan of a recognised striker from a higher league, instead of trying to gain an advantage by playing an amateur player making his senior debut :wacko:.

There are no emergency loans any more other than 7 day goalkeeper ones