The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Our support is the envy of all lower league clubs. Just wish there were a few more of us. 
financially yes but as was mentioned we are not liked at all for whatever reason infact just look through this thread there are a right good few who don't like a section of our support think it's the general revelry mischevious behaviour and noise they make that upsets them [emoji23]

1 hour ago, nickCFC58 said:

I have disagreements with Norrie but, come on. Look at us now compared to before he took over. Think about how poor we have been before. Feels like a different era now

Which disagreements did/do you have with him? I personally think we're indebted- in a very good way- to the results he has shown a ruthlessness to achieve. 

1 hour ago, nickCFC58 said:

There will be as we climb the table. Think of the challenge cup final did we not take a few thousand to that?

The crowd was 4,062. So, a bit less than a few thousand....

I have disagreements with Norrie but, come on. Look at us now compared to before he took over. Think about how poor we have been before. Feels like a different era now
think you need to go back and read my posts 're Mr Innes [emoji23]

this guy has single handedly turned the club around had he not came in I've no doubt we would have been in a lowland league play off minimum

and yes I gave him Pelters at the start and apologised to him in person which I will say he showed the true class act about

2 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Which disagreements did/do you have with him? I personally think we're indebted- in a very good way- to the results he has shown a ruthlessness to achieve. 

From memory there was 2,400 tickets sold for the Clyde side. Some had not been to a Clyde game before or since...........

26 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

From memory there was 2,400 tickets sold for the Clyde side. Some had not been to a Clyde game before or since...........

Yes SLW, that figure is about correct. The opposing side stand at McD containing County fans, is considerably larger than the one at Broadwood (around 3000, compared to around 2300 at HQ) and was approx just over half-full. 

It's good to see steady, if small increases in lapsed returning fans. Even if, right now our numbers are roughly similar to the Firhill days and the 93 title season at ODP, a crowd target surely has to be set to present standards. I din't think 800 every home game is too much to ask.

I disagree with putting Cumbernauld on the badge, and despite this probably being a generally unpopular opinion, I wasn’t - and still am not - particularly happy about signing Goodwillie.

And of the 4000, from what I remember there weren’t many from Ross County. Surely we had at least 3000. I was 8 at the time so could be remembering wrong

22 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

I disagree with putting Cumbernauld on the badge, and despite this probably being a generally unpopular opinion, I wasn’t - and still am not - particularly happy about signing Goodwillie.

And of the 4000, from what I remember there weren’t many from Ross County. Surely we had at least 3000. I was 8 at the time so could be remembering wrong

The suggestion you single out, the "badge alteration", was merely made to stimulate discussion, along with ten other pop-up ideas. Think of it as a ten minute brainstorm at the AGM!! That said, no one appears to have read between any lines of why it was one of the ten. 

I'm also sure Goodwillie predates Norrie at the club, but of course he has penned two contracts since. It's something that i believe a lof of fans have just made their peace with and got behind the team. 

19 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Really need to go up via play offs..

Wouldnt expect us to sustain this squad and budget if in L2 again..

Especially if there's the possibility of games against Falkirk, Thistle and to some extent Raith Rovers who would bring away crowds to Broadwood we haven't seen in years. 

Would fancy us to take care of Edinburgh in the semi finals but the winner of Annan and Brechin/Stranraer/Stenny would be a tough tie.

Spot on  there Scotty.

You've done us thrice this year,albeit injury time winners but hey guys we're up for it big style.

Only assuming we   can take care of the League one drop outs &  u guys can dispose of a faltering Edinburgh.  City - what  2 cracking games. Hopefully Annan Old Firm  come out to support the Royal Burgh  wi QOS  and Carlisle too. Good crowd.

7 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Spot on  there Scotty.

You've done us thrice this year,albeit injury time winners but hey guys we're up for it big style.

Only assuming we   can take care of the League one drop outs &  u guys can dispose of a faltering Edinburgh.  City - what  2 cracking games. Hopefully Annan Old Firm  come out to support the Royal Burgh  wi QOS  and Carlisle too. Good crowd.

Yes that would be good, as long as we had enough players fit,  after a first leg against Annan.   The second leg being so soon doesn't give you a lot of time to recover from the knocks inflicted in the first leg.

Yes that would be good, as long as we had enough players fit,  after a first leg against Annan.   The second leg being so soon doesn't give you a lot of time to recover from the knocks inflicted in the first leg.

We could bring some mattresses down to line the advertising boards and give our lads a soft landing when they get pushed into them.

11 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Spot on  there Scotty.

But rather synthetic, if full of people who largely don't give a shit about you any other time?

3 hours ago, shawfielder said:

Annan, incredibly, haven't had a red card this season :lol: 

Think they'll be overdue in the playoffs.

It’s a playoff final against Annan that’s keeping me up at night. Haven’t lost to them in ages but their style of play - and the officials’ inability to keep on top of it - gives me the fear. Hopefully we’ll have nicoll back to put that Neanderthal Wallace back in his box