The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

10 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

My point was that there should be an online facility keeping tabs on eligibility in the future. I don't understand why there isn't already.

However there isn't one at the moment and we are guilty of the offence, as were Peterhead.

The Reece Donaldson one was a suspension which there is a list online updated each week, He got sent off in a cup match before the Ayr game but did not appear on the suspended list for the week of that game, so the club phoned the SFA to confirm whether he was able to play against Ayr and were told he was ok to play although nobody at the SFA would admit to saying it was ok, the lesson to be learned was if contacting the SFA best to do it by e-mail or some traceable method. Think they realised they were in the wrong as although the SPFL hit us with a £10,000 fine before any hearing the SFA decided a £250 was enough for them. Sure it was mentioned at the time it was up to the clubs to check on suspensions which we did & queried why the player was not on their list. Think it is different if there are set rules at the start of a season on how players can move between clubs & clubs should be up to speed on those rules 

The Reece Donaldson one was a suspension which there is a list online updated each week, He got sent off in a cup match before the Ayr game but did not appear on the suspended list for the week of that game, so the club phoned the SFA to confirm whether he was able to play against Ayr and were told he was ok to play although nobody at the SFA would admit to saying it was ok, the lesson to be learned was if contacting the SFA best to do it by e-mail or some traceable method. Think they realised they were in the wrong as although the SPFL hit us with a £10,000 fine before any hearing the SFA decided a £250 was enough for them. Sure it was mentioned at the time it was up to the clubs to check on suspensions which we did & queried why the player was not on their list. Think it is different if there are set rules at the start of a season on how players can move between clubs & clubs should be up to speed on those rules 
I understand and I'm sympathetic to Peterhead and it's a much better defence than anything Clyde can provide.

However, if ULTIMATELY the clubs are responsible then it makes no difference what they're told by the SFA. The club are deemed to be at fault.

It's a nonsense rule but it's the current rule.

29 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

My point was that there should be an online facility keeping tabs on eligibility in the future. I don't understand why there isn't already.

However there isn't one at the moment and we are guilty of the offence, as were Peterhead.

Let's keep the different offences apart, shall we. I've lost count of the number of times a player has picked up a booking, to hear a fellow supporter comment that he had broken a threshold and would be suspended. 

In our case, the time for recalling players had passed. Why this wouldn't be known by a) those who can rhyme off the suspension procedure (therefore perhaps also bring the transfer one to attention), or b) the club official with the issue left in his hands, is the problem. 

For what its worth, Lennon, in his statement mentioned about "fixing Declan up with another club" - there are CLEAR rules, about players appearing for three clubs in a season. He may already have done- we signed him in September. There appears, in my belief, a serious problem with questioning procedures and individuals at our club and has been for years. This is what happens under those circumstances.

You seem far more "raging" over Berwick's position in this than our own, wherein we could have gone top this week. Pathological altruist alert.

Were you also as "raging" during the time when we WERE in Berwick's position, not two years ago, and all of our own accord, and without outside influence?

WTF. Who said I’m raging at Berwick’s position or come to that, our own?
Berwick certainly did nothing wrong whereas a member of our club did.
As for our position at anytime over the last few years I have been raging at quite a few things, like the crap we’ve had to endure on the park and don’t get me started on supporters causing a ‘rift’ among us because you certainly are the top of that league.

11 minutes ago, The Clyde Man said:

WTF. Who said I’m raging at Berwick’s position or come to that, our own?
Berwick certainly did nothing wrong whereas a member of our club did.
As for our position at anytime over the last few years I have been raging at quite a few things, like the crap we’ve had to endure on the park and don’t get me started on supporters causing a ‘rift’ among us because you certainly are the top of that league.

That's a good start. Get it said, and out there. 

As for the latter point, i certainly hope so. Pointing out/causing rifts, i suppose it's all the same.

Sorry to interrupt...

I've just noticed an email from a few days ago that my subscription for the 200 fund has finished with effect 29th March. Is this correct with 3 home games to go? Or have the board taken pity on me because I'll never win?

3 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Sorry to interrupt...

I've just noticed an email from a few days ago that my subscription for the 200 fund has finished with effect 29th March. Is this correct with 3 home games to go? Or have the board taken pity on me because I'll never win?

Yes, 36 weeks to match with 18 home games.

4 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Sorry to interrupt...

It means they’ve taken the 36 payments as it happened during cup weeks too. You’ll still be in the draw for the remaining home games

28 minutes ago, Bullyme said:

Our support is the envy of all lower league clubs. Just wish there were a few more of us. 

The present run of form certainly deserves a greater turnout, which i think showed itself at Coatbridge last week. The only thing preventing a four-figure number on Saturday, imo would be the lack of publicising the event beyond those who already attend. I expect a larger than normal away crowd, given that a win would virtually seal their title.

Im not too sure though that we're the envy of our contemporaries. The smaller clubs with whom we have historical correspondence, such as East Fife, Stirling, Dumbarton and the Angus clubs, have been appreciative of the atmosphere usually brought. Hence, visits there are generally fun. Among the current lot (Stirling excepted), we are genuinely disliked. Whatever the reason, i don't care.