The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

The only realistic thing that might come from the appeal is the reversal of recording it as two 3-0 defeats. It's totally fucked our goal difference and essentially given us a 5 point penalty rather than the 4 points gained from the two games.

Although I would love to win this league outright I believe we will be promoted no matter what.
I can’t help but feel for Berwick and their supporters who are being punished for our mistake.
collateral damage

Just to be clear here, the club discharged that responsibility by calling the governing body that is responsible for issuing the list of ineligible players to check if the player was eligible or not.  The SFA confirmed (later denied) that the player was eligible to play for the club.
I think it is rather simplistic in the current climate of loans etc. for the clubs to be held responsible for the inability of the governing bodies to keep on top of their admin.  Taking this to it's logical conclusion - if you cannot trust the SPFL/SFA to tell you which players are and are not eligible after specifically asking then no player can be guaranteed to be eligible.
My point was it's irrelevant whether the SFA wrongly confirmed the players eligibility if ultimately it's the club's responsibility. It's not a criticism of Peterhead but if the system.

I agree that this system is a nonsense and allows the governing body to abdicate any responsibility for errors made.

It does make you wonder the point of the SFA/SPFL.

I'm  also not a member of any branch,  I have been going to see Clyde home and away for more years than I can remember,  I believe all who attend games are good Clyde men.  As for the rowdy ones ,  thanks for creating  a good atmosphere, just a pity we all can't pull in the same direction. Can't imagine games without them now, that's what makes us stand out in lower league football.

Would you accept it collateral damage if the roles were reversed?
I would call it a f’n liberty and be raging.
definitely not. I was pointing out in terms of us being punished they are collateral damage. In truth it's a total embarassment on our part if it's not reversed then their visit to broadwood near the end of the season in terms of the boardroom can only be described as awkward.

My point was it's irrelevant whether the SFA wrongly confirmed the players eligibility if ultimately it's the club's responsibility. It's not a criticism of Peterhead but if the system.

I agree that this system is a nonsense and allows the governing body to abdicate any responsibility for errors made.

so let me get this right the clubs shouldn't have any responsibility for registering players ?
it should be totally the responsibility of the SPFL / SFA maybe you should be on the delegation from the club that goes to the appeal with an argument like that how can it fail.

1 hour ago, shawfielder said:

I'm  also not a member of any branch,  I have been going to see Clyde home and away for more years than I can remember,  I believe all who attend games are good Clyde men.  As for the rowdy ones ,  thanks for creating  a good atmosphere, just a pity we all can't pull in the same direction. Can't imagine games without them now, that's what makes us stand out in lower league football.

Well said, Sir.

44 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
2 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

definitely not. I was pointing out in terms of us being punished they are collateral damage. In truth it's a total embarassment on our part if it's not reversed then their visit to broadwood near the end of the season in terms of the boardroom can only be described as awkward.

Screenshot_20190403-164313.jpg

48 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

so let me get this right the clubs shouldn't have any responsibility for registering players ?
it should be totally the responsibility of the SPFL / SFA maybe you should be on the delegation from the club that goes to the appeal with an argument like that how can it fail.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Given that there's no scope for an online facility keeping tabs on eligibility, i'm amazed at the logic, that if we ALL follow THIS procedure, then everyone would inevitably get done, for something at some point. All we have to do is wait for it to level itself out, right? 

It's a very good job there's lots of you jumping to the defence of the culprit, Haufdaft- some of those holding up the carpet and the others doing the sweeping need a rest from time-to-time. Good of you to step in. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

2 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

You seem far more "raging" over Berwick's position in this than our own, wherein we could have gone top this week. Pathological altruist alert.

Were you also as "raging" during the time when we WERE in Berwick's position, not two years ago, and all of our own accord, and without outside influence?

Edited by Officer Barbrady

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

But he was registered.

1 hour ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Mistaken identity, Jeremy. 

I did not post this.

but you did commend the remark without reservation, so no excuse for sidestepping the perfectly valid question that Jeremy posed to you

...and women. Perhaps best if you say "good Clyde people..." eh...? 

Direct your PC fuelled faux outrage at the correct target in future. Shawfielder is the “culprit “.
But hey! Who cares who quotes whom?
Rightly or wrongly, we all love The Clyde.

Given that there's no scope for an online facility keeping tabs on eligibility, i'm amazed at the logic, that if we ALL follow THIS procedure, then everyone would inevitably get done, for something at some point. All we have to do is wait for it to level itself out, right? 

My point was that there should be an online facility keeping tabs on eligibility in the future. I don't understand why there isn't already.

However there isn't one at the moment and we are guilty of the offence, as were Peterhead.