The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

32 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

There would be uproar if they reversed the decision after the P'head game as that would mean several weeks had passed.

Several have already passed. What's one or two more? 

You're absolutely right regarding what reaction a reversal would elicit. However, where's the fury been at the initial deduction, and reasons for that deduction, save for a few tears-and-snotters tantrums on barely-there forums across media platforms? It looks to me, that the majority i've seen and heard have fully embraced the"shit happens" trope, and are determined to turn wee-man syndrome, hard-luck stories and victim-dependency, into hard currency. 

I'd be very keen to hear these nihilistic do-gooders arguments against those presented by all other interested parties, if it is indeed reversed. 

apparently Mr Chairman has been on the owners / members forum to explain the delay in the appeal hearing no idea what it is as not in the CIC so if you want to know stump up your 40 quid [emoji23]

All that was said was the process had taken longer than expected, arranging diaries for the appeal date to be heard and the club would make an announcement in due course And that nobody will be allowed to talk specifics whilst appeal is live.

Waiting on the appeal is obviously very frustrating as the outcome of the appeal could determine whether or not we win the league at home to queens park or the following week at cowdenbeath. The sooner the better.

Although for all it leads to me checking the website every half an hour to see if there has been an update i think its best the club stay silent on this occasion. I would hate for the appeal to potentially be impacted by leak of any info which could prove crucial in the outcome.

All we can do is keep on winning and hope the top two drop points.

Mon the Clyde!

The "suits" will not reverse their decision. It will stand as is. Trust me on this. Put it behind us and let's just hope P'heid implode and we keep winning or...let's just 'hammer' whoever stands in our way in the 'play-offs' and get outta this shit-hole league of hammer throwers......

exempli gratia...Annan et al... 

All that was said was the process had taken longer than expected, arranging diaries for the appeal date to be heard and the club would make an announcement in due course And that nobody will be allowed to talk specifics whilst appeal is live.
well worth the 40 quid I would say [emoji106]

I might be cynical but I reckon the appeal is being delayed as long as possible as the SFA was hoping that Clyde were so far behind that it wouldn’t matter and Albion Rovers would be adrift so again it wouldn’t matter. If we beat Peterhead next week, it will have backfired on the spectacularly at both ends of the table. 

I think I read that Berwick had launched a complaint too. I get their argument if it is that AR were the beneficiaries of a decision that was meant to be about penalising Clyde. Harper of AR says we should just take our medicine.

There would be something rotten if playing our own player in ignorance (or stupidity) and this impacted on both ends of the league. 

Off the ball also raised the question last night that the pyramid system referred to only the highland and lowland league...Berwick are in England and wouldn't automatically be accepted into Lowland league so where would they go?

Berwick play in the Scottish league setup and are in the Lowland league catchment area so that's where they will go.

The rule is pretty daft. You can bring in loans from other clubs until end Feb but can't recall your on own player out with the transfer window. Nevertheless the rules recently changed so you think somebody would have double checked it. I can't see anything coming out of the appeal.

Off the ball also raised the question last night that the pyramid system referred to only the highland and lowland league...Berwick are in England and wouldn't automatically be accepted into Lowland league so where would they go?

BRFC are a registered club with the SFA and as long as that remains they'll play in the Scottish pyramid. If the SFA ever limited membership to clubs with a Scottish postcode that would lead to debate about Scotland based players and where would that leave the national team. Or Stevie Clark.

Hope we get a big turnout next week at home to Peterhead. Huge match for both sides and if we can get the win then the title race is well and truly back on! That's without the very slim chance of the appeal hearing going our way.

Lennon has said it a few times and we definitely give the players a lift when we get behind them in numbers and yesterday proved that again. 

Mon the Bully!

It’s disgraceful that our appeal will be aheard a full 4 weeks after we submitted it. If, and it’s a very big if, we had to replay the games, it’s going to be a very busy end to the season. It’s almost as if they’re deliberately dragging their heels. Why so late ? Do you think it would have waited this long if it was one of the big clubs ? Not a chance. 

7 minutes ago, sydney said:

It’s disgraceful that our appeal will be aheard a full 4 weeks after we submitted it. If, and it’s a very big if, we had to replay the games, it’s going to be a very busy end to the season. It’s almost as if they’re deliberately dragging their heels. Why so late ? Do you think it would have waited this long if it was one of the big clubs ? Not a chance. 

I thought Clyde were a big club?

Hearing Club not expecting decision from SFA before peterhead game...

Why its taking so long i do not know and only going on info from friend,We both could be wrong

Just sharing - Dont shoot the messenger
Well thats it confirmed...
There would be uproar if they reversed the decision after the P'head game as that would mean several weeks had passed. Imagine a home win followed by the points reversal. Clyde go top with few games left and Peterhead and Albion R go ballistic at having no time left to react.
Never going to happen to avoid

a. The above
b. embarrassing the original decision maker
They are probably hoping P'head are 12 points clear with 3 games left, so decision either way is a moot point.
Completely agree.

Not a chance SFA will reverse appeal in 2 weeks time with a few games to go. Clearly a delaying tactic indeed hoping we have dropped points come date and their decision irelavant..

Looking forward to Club statement after appeal

Be very surprised if anything comes out of the appeal. The only slight thing in our favour is the discrepancy in how they same or similar cases have been handled.

Peterhead were ordered to replay a game in 2014 after fielding an ineligible player.

Dundee Utd got a 3 point penalty for playing 2 ineligible players in a win against ICT in 2016. Inverness didn't get awarded the points.

Hearts got a 2 point penalty at the start of this season for fielding an ineligible player in a 2-1 win over Cove Rangers in the League Cup. Cove didn't get awarded any points.

Disgrace how long it’s taking to hold a hearing for our appeal. As others have said I think it’s down to a complete lack of backbone and they are praying it is almost irrelevant by then. Will be really interesting to see what happens if we win next weekend.

Now seems unlikely we will be made to replay games given the time frame and how much they have wasted in holding a hearing. Still think the punishment was ridiculously harsh for the offence but f**k knows what the clowns in charge will come up with.

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Be very surprised if anything comes out of the appeal. The only slight thing in our favour is the discrepancy in how they same or similar cases have been handled.

Peterhead were ordered to replay a game in 2014 after fielding an ineligible player.

Dundee Utd got a 3 point penalty for playing 2 ineligible players in a win against ICT in 2016. Inverness didn't get awarded the points.

Hearts got a 2 point penalty at the start of this season for fielding an ineligible player in a 2-1 win over Cove Rangers in the League Cup. Cove didn't get awarded any points.

Highly ironic that Peterhead were handed the most lenient punishment, in light of the crown-of-thorns attitude many of our fans have taken over treatement of the "wee teams".

Given these have all occurred under the SPFL guidelines, it appears each decision is met on a case-by-case basis. I very much doubt that at the outset of forming a league, adopting a one-size deduction or embargo is something the organisers think they'll be required to have to rule upon very much.

That said, what WOULD the correct sanction be? No one seems to have settled upon one which they'd consider fair and just to all sides involved.