The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

I'd rather stick to the seasons 1975-present actually, as they alone contain some instructive but more importantly, fun facts confirming Clyde's natural place in the pecking order:
- Since the top flight was reduced to ten clubs in that season, Clyde have never reached it. Not even once. The Portuguese Empire was still in existence when Clyde last played top flight football; just let that sink in.
- On the other hand, Clyde have spent no less than 22 seasons in the seaside leagues during that period instead. In fact, Clyde's current decade of unbroken humiliation is itself longer than Greenock Morton have spent in the seaside leagues in the club's entire, 135 year old history. 
- In contrast to Clyde (nine and counting), Greenock Morton have spent just one (post-administration) season in the fourth tier of Scottish football. And unlike Clyde, Morton didn't also suffer the absolute, all-time humiliation of finishing bottom of the entire leagues system either; in fact cantering to the title while being watched by more fans than Clyde have ever had for any game of football at their current stadium over 25 years of abject failure.
- Morton have lifted no less than seven league titles and three since Clyde last won anything of note way back in the year 2000; in fact the entire millennial generation has come of age without any sort of success whatsoever occurring at Broadwood. 
In conclusion, Clyde FC are to great and historic football clubs like Greenock Morton what a cockroach is to an elephant - something that just gets effortlessly stomped on without any concern. Clyde's sole purpose in modern Scottish football is to provide unmatched comedy value through your incompetence as a club.  And it's safe to say that you're the gift that just keeps on giving. 
Thanks for playing anyway. 
b1a5e29f-5ad6-4b4a-b24c-c11112db682b.thumb.jpg.8ae4a41fdcb312fcd9a52c271146f5cb.jpg
That's a lot of research you've put in to your post.

I'd guess not one Clyde fan would give enough of a f**k about Morton to put in that amount of effort.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Your second point is utter shite, how many points do you think they are going to take off? The current punishment is already excessive for the crime committed.

It shows what they are capable of. Why invite more grief when the damage is already done?  Can we be certain they wouldn't find more procedural errors if they chose to do a full audit of our admin?  (Same probably applies to plenty other small clubs run by more or less volunteers).

2 hours ago, virginton said:

I'd rather stick to the seasons 1975-present actually, as they alone contain some instructive but more importantly, fun facts confirming Clyde's natural place in the pecking order:

- Since the top flight was reduced to ten clubs in that season, Clyde have never reached it. Not even once. The Portuguese Empire was still in existence when Clyde last played top flight football; just let that sink in.

- On the other hand, Clyde have spent no less than 22 seasons in the seaside leagues during that period instead. In fact, Clyde's current decade of unbroken humiliation is itself longer than Greenock Morton have spent in the seaside leagues in the club's entire, 135 year old history. 

- In contrast to Clyde (nine and counting), Greenock Morton have spent just one (post-administration) season in the fourth tier of Scottish football. And unlike Clyde, Morton didn't also suffer the absolute, all-time humiliation of finishing bottom of the entire leagues system either; in fact cantering to the title while being watched by more fans than Clyde have ever had for any game of football at their current stadium over 25 years of abject failure.

- Morton have lifted no less than seven league titles and three since Clyde last won anything of note way back in the year 2000; in fact the entire millennial generation has come of age without any sort of success whatsoever occurring at Broadwood. 

In conclusion, Clyde FC are to great and historic football clubs like Greenock Morton what a cockroach is to an elephant - something that just gets effortlessly stomped on without any concern. Clyde's sole purpose in modern Scottish football is to provide unmatched comedy value through your incompetence as a club.  And it's safe to say that you're the gift that just keeps on giving. 

b1a5e29f-5ad6-4b4a-b24c-c11112db682b.thumb.jpg.8ae4a41fdcb312fcd9a52c271146f5cb.jpg

Utterly embarrassing post.  Didn't even really read it either.  Imagine putting that much effort in just to show us Clyde fans how unimportant we are.  What a fucking embarrassment of a human being you are.   See you in league one 

Very good post by Lennon on the Clyde website today. In previous posts I had suggested at the end of the season those responsible should resign. Lennon's comments are excellent and he is right the only response is a positive one and perhaps good can come out of it. Good luck and sercure that play off victory. Clyde should fear no one.

Danny is spot on - most part time club directors are unpaid volunteers - giving thousands of pounds worth of unpaid labour and time to run what isn't a simple business by any means eg generally intrinsically loss-making, complying with ever-changing football regulations and law in areas such as minimum wage, pensions, etc. It's so easy to call for scapegoats and heads on a plate with little or no knowledge of the reality of such things. Folk wouldn't be so quick to judge if they had to walk a mile in their shoes and found the blazer wearing, boardroom boozing stereotype doesn't apply to most.

1 hour ago, TheBigGuy said:

Stirling ideal opponents? I presume Darren Smith will still be suspended.

Not sure if Daz is still suspended. He got a red card for a studs up challenge, so might be a 2 match ban for violent conduct.

Clyde have already seen both sides to us this season, so depends which one turns up on the day as to whether we give you a game or not. The only interest from our point of view is to see if the players are going through the motions or playing for a new contract.

35 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Danny is spot on - most part time club directors are unpaid volunteers - giving thousands of pounds worth of unpaid labour and time to run what isn't a simple business by any means eg generally intrinsically loss-making, complying with ever-changing football regulations and law in areas such as minimum wage, pensions, etc. It's so easy to call for scapegoats and heads on a plate with little or no knowledge of the reality of such things. Folk wouldn't be so quick to judge if they had to walk a mile in their shoes and found the blazer wearing, boardroom boozing stereotype doesn't apply to most.

Not disagreeing with you here, but this isn't a case of confusing legislation changes that some poor bugger has been lumped with to figure out with minutes to spare, it's a registration error that clubs go week to week without making. Again, I understand that volunteers are under pressure to run clubs and they fully have my sympathy, but you've also got to understand why something as simple as checking whether a player is registered to play is absolutely infuriating for fans and players alike and hence why some expect heads to roll for it. I can understand both sides of the coin here.

26 minutes ago, gmca said:

Not sure if Daz is still suspended. He got a red card for a studs up challenge, so might be a 2 match ban for violent conduct.

Clyde have already seen both sides to us this season, so depends which one turns up on the day as to whether we give you a game or not. The only interest from our point of view is to see if the players are going through the motions or playing for a new contract.

Smith still suspended for Saturday, 2 game suspension for his red card v Cowdenbeath. 

Not disagreeing with you here, but this isn't a case of confusing legislation changes that some poor bugger has been lumped with to figure out with minutes to spare, it's a registration error that clubs go week to week without making. Again, I understand that volunteers are under pressure to run clubs and they fully have my sympathy, but you've also got to understand why something as simple as checking whether a player is registered to play is absolutely infuriating for fans and players alike and hence why some expect heads to roll for it. I can understand both sides of the coin here.

This doesn't look like a simple registration error - either the club had player loaned out and thought he was also still able to play for them at 1st team level as well (seems unlikely) or they cancelled loan and brought player back to play 1st team - presumably cancelled in February and club thought that was ok because was during transfer window (extension period) but transfer window period for loan cancellation rather than new loans was actually still January. He would though be registered back as a Clyde player but not eligible to play in 1st team games (only reserve/development). That wasn't easy to understand. Don't know the full circumstances but the major changes to temporary transfer regulations and the additional "window" extensions this season plus differing rules for non-SPFL transfers are quite complex to assimilate. I doubt many can state clearly all the variants that can arise and know what each set of circumstances implies. You only tend to check the fine detail when you are involved in a particular transaction and it is not difficult to misinterpret - yes when in doubt check with the authorities is the best policy. Checking isn't always simple and straightforward. Sometimes things go very last minute, relevant people at the club aren't around or communications become confused.

That's not violent conduct its serious foul play. Violent conduct is when you are not challenging for the ball. Serious Foul Play, violent conduct and spitting are the 3 offences that carry a 2 match ban, other sending off offences are 1 match

7 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

That's not violent conduct its serious foul play. Violent conduct is when you are not challenging for the ball. Serious Foul Play, violent conduct and spitting are the 3 offences that carry a 2 match ban, other sending off offences are 1 match

Cheers

15 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

This doesn't look like a simple registration error - either the club had player loaned out and thought he was also still able to play for them at 1st team level as well (seems unlikely) or they cancelled loan and brought player back to play 1st team - presumably cancelled in February and club thought that was ok because was during transfer window (extension period) but transfer window period for loan cancellation rather than new loans was actually still January. He would though be registered back as a Clyde player but not eligible to play in 1st team games (only reserve/development). That wasn't easy to understand. Don't know the full circumstances but the major changes to temporary transfer regulations and the additional "window" extensions this season plus differing rules for non-SPFL transfers are quite complex to assimilate. I doubt many can state clearly all the variants that can arise and know what each set of circumstances implies. You only tend to check the fine detail when you are involved in a particular transaction and it is not difficult to misinterpret - yes when in doubt check with the authorities is the best policy. Checking isn't always simple and straightforward. Sometimes things go very last minute, relevant people at the club aren't around or communications become confused.

I fully understand how this stuff happens, and yes rules changing can be a pain, but every other club has gotten by without falling foul. When you consider Clyde position in the table and the number of years they've been stuck down in this division it's a huge error rather than a simple oversight. I commend Danny Lennon for taking the "Shit happens, lets get on with it" attitude and I reckon the players and fans will do well to follow that, but as I say I understand the fury. I'd have been livid if it were my club and we're run in quite similar fashion these days.

I was with you up till you mentioned no success at broadwood this is pure BS.

I will have you know the league 2 title was clinched at broadwood 3 years in a row (Peterhead, Albion rovers, East Fife)

As well as Queens park winning a playoff final there

I was with you up till you mentioned no success at broadwood this is pure BS.

I will have you know the league 2 title was clinched at broadwood 3 years in a row (Peterhead, Albion rovers, East Fife)

As well as Queens park winning a playoff final there
QPFC won the 1st leg but lost the 2nd leg at Hampden. So technically they won the play-off final at home.

So it’s an overly complicated shit show and the first club to make a mistake gets hammered for it? As I’ve said before it’s easy to hammer a small club for next to f**k all but shite away from any of the real issues. SPFL are a shower of arseholes.