The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

didn't Hibs bring in effe ambrose from celtic as an emergency signing out with the transfer window 

In 2017 - when you were allowed standard temporary transfers, emergency temporary transfers and development temporary transfers. All now gone apart from standard temporary transfers from the start of this season

I think it would be better if we came out earlier this week than later to say if we are appealing or not. Dragging it to the end of the week, then if we were to appeal go into at least the following week wouldn’t be beneficial. Need to put this behind us ASAP. 

I don’t think we will appeal though. 

2 hours ago, elgin proud said:

gonna get play offs anyway no big deal for you peterhead were always gonna win the league

Fully agree.

Play offs - 2 leg cup tie ; Just  my humble opinion Clyde will beat Edinburgh City & play the winner of the other semi.Just hope  its Annan.Looks like QOS are in freefall , be good to have a derby in league 1

The playoffs was always the most probable outcome for our season anyway but it's still a kick in the teeth that the club have ruined any chance we had of catching Peterhead for the title. 

Hoping for Edinburgh semi final and Brechin in the final. Think Stenny and Dumbarton would be tougher - especially with Dom Thomas scoring week in week out for Dumbarton!

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this punishment, quite a sensational meltdown from mad Larry on Saturday night. 5 posts in a row of seethe in the space of 10 or so minutes
Nice one Larry :thumsup2
Every single Clyde fan was seething on Saturday morning. To be honest was expecting a lot more meltdowns.

Every single Clyde fan was seething on Saturday morning. To be honest was expecting a lot more meltdowns.

As raging as I am about the whole fiasco I think i would be more raging if I was a Berwick fan. They have been thrown under the bus by this results reversing nonsense.

6 hours ago, WBR said:

If we appeal, is the decision reversed pending the outcome of that appeal, in the same way as with a player suspension?  

FWIW I don’t think we will appeal. 

Surely we should be appealing the severity of the punishment, deducted 4 pts  and two 3-0 defeats seems harsh to me but to be honest the psychological effect it has already caused, and was the reason we lost to Elgin cannot be reversed, instead of chasing a 4pt gap to Peterhead with them still to play them at home the gap is now too large. Imo Berwick are the big losers in this and there is a real possibility they could  finish bottom now through no fault of their own.

7 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this punishment, quite a sensational meltdown from mad Larry on Saturday night. 5 posts in a row of seethe in the space of 10 or so minutes

Nice one Larry :thumsup2

Thanks,

After over 4 months of smug  Saturdays (WWWDDWWWDWDWDWWW) or whatever, 24 hours of LLL tipped me over.

And I don't like Vikingwankton or Annie hatey-six either.

On 10/03/2019 at 08:10, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Teams with more history and success than Clyde? 

Teams that your average man outside Scottish football will have heard of as opposed to Clyde?

Give us a clue here man

If you are talking about seasons 1874-1922 then you have a point.

Since then

Morton :lol::lol::lol:

Queens Park :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Surely we should be appealing the severity of the punishment, deducted 4 pts  and two 3-0 defeats seems harsh to me but to be honest the psychological effect it has already caused, and was the reason we lost to Elgin cannot be reversed, instead of chasing a 4pt gap to Peterhead with them still to play them at home the gap is now too large. Imo Berwick are the big losers in this and there is a real possibility they could  finish bottom now through no fault of their own.
If Berwick finish bottom it will be all their own fault. The league is decided over 36 games not just one. Albion Rovers only have 14 points including the ones gifted by us. The fact they can still stay up with such a low points total shows how bad both sides have been.

1 hour ago, Larry Hood said:

Thanks,

After over 4 months of smug  Saturdays (WWWDDWWWDWDWDWWW) or whatever, 24 hours of LLL tipped me over.

And I don't like Vikingwankton or Annie hatey-six either.

My word. 

The club should not appeal. Absolutely NOT!  Firstly they were in the wrong so cannot avoid a sanction anyway; secondly (and more importantly), the bigwigs are unpredictable and presumably there is no guarantee they wouldn't come back with an even worse punishment such as deducting so many points that even the playoffs would be a long shot!

Anyway,  the damage is done now and even if this hadn't happened the loss at Elgin was still a possibility that would have blown our outside chances of the league out the water.

Finally, before we make even bigger tits of ourselves, let's not try to figure playoffs opposition before we even get there: There's rebuilding of morale needed to get back on the rails.....and if we do get to the consolation prize showdown there will be equally determined opposition standing in our way.

The club should not appeal. Absolutely NOT!  Firstly they were in the wrong so cannot avoid a sanction anyway; secondly (and more importantly), the bigwigs are unpredictable and presumably there is no guarantee they wouldn't come back with an even worse punishment such as deducting so many points that even the playoffs would be a long shot!

Your second point is utter shite, how many points do you think they are going to take off? The current punishment is already excessive for the crime committed.

1 hour ago, Larry Hood said:

If you are talking about seasons 1874-1922 then you have a point.

Since then

Morton :lol::lol::lol:

Queens Park :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'd rather stick to the seasons 1975-present actually, as they alone contain some instructive but more importantly, fun facts confirming Clyde's natural place in the pecking order:

- Since the top flight was reduced to ten clubs in that season, Clyde have never reached it. Not even once. The Portuguese Empire was still in existence when Clyde last played top flight football; just let that sink in.

- On the other hand, Clyde have spent no less than 22 seasons in the seaside leagues during that period instead. In fact, Clyde's current decade of unbroken humiliation is itself longer than Greenock Morton have spent in the seaside leagues in the club's entire, 135 year old history. 

- In contrast to Clyde (nine and counting), Greenock Morton have spent just one (post-administration) season in the fourth tier of Scottish football. And unlike Clyde, Morton didn't also suffer the absolute, all-time humiliation of finishing bottom of the entire leagues system either; in fact cantering to the title while being watched by more fans than Clyde have ever had for any game of football at their current stadium over 25 years of abject failure.

- Morton have lifted no less than seven league titles and three since Clyde last won anything of note way back in the year 2000; in fact the entire millennial generation has come of age without any sort of success whatsoever occurring at Broadwood. 

In conclusion, Clyde FC are to great and historic football clubs like Greenock Morton what a cockroach is to an elephant - something that just gets effortlessly stomped on without any concern. Clyde's sole purpose in modern Scottish football is to provide unmatched comedy value through your incompetence as a club.  And it's safe to say that you're the gift that just keeps on giving. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

b1a5e29f-5ad6-4b4a-b24c-c11112db682b.thumb.jpg.8ae4a41fdcb312fcd9a52c271146f5cb.jpg