The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

No idea about any rule change. 1st I seem the SPFL awarding 3-0 wins was last season to Stirling Albion in a Reserve League game after Raith Rovers had fielded an ineligible player. Same thing happened to someone else this season can't remember who it was mentioned on here last night.

The sheer volume of ineligible players being fielded in those matches led to censures and then warnings and then eventually a clear policy of awarding 3-0 wins to deal with issue. Presume this is now considered apt to deal with the issue at 1st team level in League

Sorry if his has been mentioned but 3 seasons ago Peterhead fielded an ineligible player in SPFL1 - it was ordered replayed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30185429

Have the rules been adjusted since then or is the punishment being left to the discretion of the disciplinary panel?

If the latter that opens a huge can of worms i.e. what if it happened again in SPFL2 this season but that panel instead ordered a fine, replay, 2pts, only deducted the offender, etc.
We had contacted the sfa to ask if he was eligible on the friday and there administrive error led to a replay

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

The sheer volume of ineligible players being fielded in those matches led to censures and then warnings and then eventually a clear policy of awarding 3-0 wins to deal with issue. Presume this is now considered apt to deal with the issue at 1st team level in League

Seems fair enough having a bog standard rule.

The rule in itself is odd in my opinion. He was our player out on loan. We recalled him to play 1st team football at a higher level than he was playing whilst on loan. Surely that benefits both parties but especially the player.

The rule in itself is odd in my opinion. He was our player out on loan. We recalled him to play 1st team football at a higher level than he was playing whilst on loan. Surely that benefits both parties but especially the player.

Yes but breaches transfer window regulations - when a club puts a player out on loan now they know it is a window to window loan and that he can't play 1st team games for parent club until that next window when loan finishes. You also can't cancel loan and bring him back to play in 1st team. Thems the rules

18 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

But the rule as pointed out is you can't recall and play a player in the 1st team after a transfer window closes.

3 hours ago, strichener said:

Or what punishments would have been inflicted if Clyde had lost both games.

Fort William were deducted 9 points this season by the Highland League for fielding an ineligible player in 3 games, all of which they lost! They're still to break even as they're currently -7

Edited by roy of the rovers

9 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Yes I know, I’m just saying it doesn’t really benefit a player when a chance for 1st team football arises such as this instance. Am I right in saying it would have been fine if he was a keeper?

No.

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

A 2 point deduction when the max you can achieve is 12 points is more than proportionate when compared to a 3 point deduction out of a possible 108 when you seek to maintain the integrity of a competition.

If Hearts won 3 points when fielding an ineligible player then they should lose 3 points.  

Not 2 points because it keeps the competition interesting!

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:
2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:
Sorry if his has been mentioned but 3 seasons ago Peterhead fielded an ineligible player in SPFL1 - it was ordered replayed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30185429

Have the rules been adjusted since then or is the punishment being left to the discretion of the disciplinary panel?

If the latter that opens a huge can of worms i.e. what if it happened again in SPFL2 this season but that panel instead ordered a fine, replay, 2pts, only deducted the offender, etc.

We had contacted the sfa to ask if he was eligible on the friday and there administrive error led to a replay

Did they fine themselves or sack anyone?

If Hearts won 3 points when fielding an ineligible player then they should lose 3 points.  
Not 2 points because it keeps the competition interesting!

That's not what I said though - and the Betfred rules are not just the same as the League as obviously you have both a League stage and a knockout stage.

Sheer volume? Either they are all cheats or the guidance is unclear. Which is it?

Neither - No clubs did not give the same attention to non first team matches and often coaches were filling in teamsheets and including trialists without submitting requisite prior paperwork. You need to read the guidance carefully and many folks didn't or took the attitude it's only a development match or did not keep up to date with changing requirements