The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

13 hours ago, an86 said:

Such is the scale of Queen's Park's ownership of Clyde, that we fell asleep on Friday night, waking on Saturday morning to realise we'd beaten them in our sleep. New levels. 

How is the ownership of your own stadium, which you own going?

And how did you get on today after your 100 seasons of poor form?

13 hours ago, an86 said:

Such is the scale of Queen's Park's ownership of Clyde, that we fell asleep on Friday night, waking on Saturday morning to realise we'd beaten them in our sleep. New levels. 

5 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
20 minutes ago, Larry Hood said:
Morton emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.png
Queens Park emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.png

There's only one team provoking laughter today.........

Yesterday actually

1 win in 17

ooft

Out of interest, would people have considered awarding the opposition a 3-0 win fair if, say, the ineligible player had scored 2 goals in a 2-1 victory?? 

Its a massive grey area. Does it matter how many minutes he plays? How well he played? Whether he scored or set up a goal or did any goal line clearances?

I think none of that stuff should matter because it’s a huge can of worms. But I think there needs to be published guidelines so it doesn’t look like punishments are being made up on the spot. Maybe there are already rules on what to do and they’ve been followed, but like others I seriously doubt the same punishment would be handed out to, say, Rangers if they’d made this mistake. 

56 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

It’s a sad state of affairs when your best result of the season was awarded and you have the brass neck to boast about it.

Wouldn't say it's the best. Definitely the funniest, though. 

Afraid we’re in no position to point, laugh or deflect at anybody else.

That being said that’s not to agree with the Punishment handed out. There’s no precedent, no “norm” and most importantly no fixed penalty .

This is a new rule, so the club have no previous. 

Genuinely hope there is an appeal and the lawyer on the board gets the ridiculous points penalty overturned.

The result on the pitch yesterday put paid to any title win, so it’s now about the playoffs with the fairest and in my opinion correct points total.

Edited by Clydeontheup

Not that it's particularly relevant but didn't the Republic of Ireland field an ineligible player 101 times, receive no punishment then land themselves millions in compensation due to the ref missing a hand ball in one of their games?
Aye...It's a funny old game.

There's some mental comments in here. There are grown men arguing that Clyde breaking the actual rules of the game (for the second time in 3 years)  is cool because the SFA or SPFL or whoever is unable to deal with other issues. The mental gymnastics are amazing. And most of those comments haven't even came from Clyde fans!

Feel a bit for Berwick, but ultimately I'd like the wee rovers to stay up/in existence.

The result on the pitch yesterday put paid to any title win, so it’s now about the playoffs with the fairest and in my opinion correct points total.

It was always going to be about the play-offs friend. Sad to see some fans using this is an excuse for losing to Elgin. If your players have genuinely thrown the towel in already you’ve bigger problems ahead of you.

4 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Clearly we’re not claiming the biggest joke club title just yet and still need to up our game.

You clinched that in quite emphatic style, in the most tinpot manner possible, yesterday. As poor a season as it's been, we've not yet managed a ten point swing against ourselves in a single day. 

Only 2 things matter now.

1. The club finds a way to motivate all involved to drag this out the shit and win a play off. Not that easy and we will need some serious efforts.

2. The club then get around to reviewing who does what and how is it checked when dealing with anything to do with the authorities.

Frankly I am just scunnered with it all.

On 31/12/2018 at 10:57, fandabbywee78 said: