The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

I have to admit to a wry smile at the news. However, in all sincerity I think it justifiable that Clyde be deducted the points gained in the two matches but for the life of me I cannot comprehend why we, and Rovers, were awarded both goals and points. That could have huge ramifications for Berwick which they do not deserve. There is a track record in the SPFL to unduly punish the small guy and leave the big bullies alone.

There was no ticking a wrong box on a form - they fielded a player who was not eligible to play for the club and who couldn't be brought back to play in first team until the next transfer window. A regulation that other clubs have had to follow when they have players in same situation - there was no clerical error involved
Is the loan window not until the end of Feb for league 1 & 2 clubs?

If that is indeed the error (and no-one from our club has the guts to tell us!) then it's an absolute disgrace. Imagine not knowing the rules for transfers; it's absolutely shambolic.

It surely can’t be as simple and clear cut as that.

That wouldn’t be ‘a genuine oversight and a gap in administrative procedures’ as the statement would have us believe but rather blatant and unjustifiable stupidity.

No doubt the punishment dished out reflects the current league status (big clubs would walk away unpunished). I also have no doubt the timing impacted the result today. No disrespect to Elgin  but it must have impacted the players as all the momentum and good will  build up recently was wiped out with one club statement.  That said we have time to recover and rally for the play offs.  

7 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

I can recall plenty of points deductions to teams over the years but never awarding walk over wins in domestic league games.

Seems to be the way the SPFL are going these days, Not the same level but QP had a result reversed earlier this season in the reserve League for a similar offence and had the points deducted from a game they had won and awarded to the losing team

Berwick have done nothing wrong, which is why Berwick haven't been punished in any way. Albion Rovers were wronged by their opponents playing an unregistered player against them, and they have been awarded a win as a result of that. Albion Rovers beat Stirling Albion today - who's to say they couldn't also have beaten Clyde had Clyde only fielded the players they were allowed to.
If Berwick Rangers get relegated this season, it will be because they are an awful team who have won four league games all season.
So that one unregistered player, in the less than 90 minutes he played, may have had the singular impact of Albion winning by a 3 goal margin as opposed to the actual 1-0 loss . That's not reasonable in any sense. You tit.

4 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Seems to be the way the SPFL are going these days, Not the same level but QP had a result reversed earlier this season in the reserve League for a similar offence and had the points deducted from a game they had won and awarded to the losing team

They done the same with Raith last season.

I’d like to know the reasoning behind giving Albion and QP(no disrespect) a 3-0 win, just can’t see why it had to be that, as opposed to a 1-0 win even. 

Its totally unforgivable what’s happened, especially in the middle of our best unbeaten run in 62 years. Someone has to walk for this. 

Is the loan window not until the end of Feb for league 1 & 2 clubs?

The window is still technically to end of January but domestically L1 andL2 clubs can still arrange loans from SPFL clubs until end of February. If you loan a player out his loan must extend until the opening of the next window. He can't be recalled to play in 1st team before that next window opens - he can play non 1st team matches only for parent club. Don't know the dates but if player loaned out to June window now, then you couldn't recall and play him in February

38 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

But yet Hearts only get 2 points deducted in the Cup group, with nothing awarded to the opposition. Strange that eh. 

As we were in the same group as Hearts I did think it was strange at the time. I would have thought they would have had the 3 points taken off them.

1 minute ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

SAME OLD CLYDE / WIGAN RUGBY LEAGUE FC ALWAYS CHEATING. BEING WEST COAST IT WILL NO DOUBT  GET CHANGED ON APPEAL LIKE WIGAN RLFC  TO A SUSPENDED DEDUCTION 

I’ve seen some comparisons in my time, but a Scottish football club to an English rugby league club is something else. 

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

As we were in the same group as Hearts I did think it was strange at the time. I would have thought they would have had the 3 points taken off them.

Said it at the time myself, hearts losing 3 points would’ve put them out and someone else(can’t remember who) through. Picking and choosing their sanctions. 

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

I have to admit to a wry smile at the news. However, in all sincerity I think it justifiable that Clyde be deducted the points gained in the two matches but for the life of me I cannot comprehend why we, and Rovers, were awarded both goals and points. That could have huge ramifications for Berwick which they do not deserve. There is a track record in the SPFL to unduly punish the small guy and leave the big bullies alone.

Sensible post

1 minute ago, SLClyde said:

Said it at the time myself, hearts losing 3 points would’ve put them out and someone else(can’t remember who) through. Picking and choosing their sanctions. 

It would have been Inverness CT. Don't know if the fact that you did it in 2 games makes any difference to the punishment although as you say they have left themselves open to picking and choosing accusations  given that in L2 and the RL they deducted 3 points and gave them to opponents but not in the LC.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Except that it wasn’t actually just a wrong box being ticked; you went on to field an ineligible player in a league game, twice.

The SPFL didn’t force you to do that and the rules on this issue are entirely straightforward, so dry your eyes about the obvious consequences of your gubbins failure.

Where have you been for a season and a half?

Total p***k