The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:
33 minutes ago, sydney said:
Putting Clyde’s position to one side, the league could relegate Berwick with this action. So Berwick could go down because of another club breaking the rules ? That is just wrong. 

Looks like a win win to me

Don’t think you should care right now as you’ll clearly be playing in League 1 next year. 

Looks like our season has turned to shit in 1 day, only thing we have left now is the play-offs.  I am spitting mad after the news today, follow that with today's result, whoever made this error should just walk, it is obvious the damage his/their action/ non-action has caused and has ruined our chances of winning the title. Although not deliberate the incompetence is the last thing we needed at this time, no excuses will ever repair the damaged caused, just hope the players can get their heads cleared and continue performing as they have all season. Is their any point to appealing now, the league is gone. I can imagine how Berwick will be feeling they are now 2pts away from the relegation spot, surely they have to complain and get the 3 pts deducted from QP and Albion Rovers overturned, could you imagine anything like this happening in the SPL ?
Thought i would feel better getting that off my chest but no i am still fcuking raging.
don't worry the apologist will appear soon
with some shite about how hard they work [emoji23]
we will lose revenue from now till the play offs as crowds will almost certainly go down They will just go on as if nothing happened as they have done year on year

Lennon and the players must wonder what sort of club they have ended up at present

I quite enjoy Clyde fans having meltdowns, but on this occasion, I have a deal of sympathy for them. (Even more for Berwick Rangers fans, but I suppose that's another thread.)

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

Au contraire. I've been bored out of my tits since about November. This is very entertaining stuff. 

a know what mean, i have seen queens play.

18 minutes ago, sydney said:

Don’t think you should care right now as you’ll clearly be playing in League 1 next year. 

Clyde may well be there, too.

The only part of the sanction I do not agree with is awarding the other teams the points.

This could lead to Berwick ending up out of the league .

3 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

The greatest irony in all this is that Declan Fitzpatrick is not a good enough football player to be a part of this Clyde team. The error is bordering on unbelievable and proper Sunday league stuff, however. It's particularly galling that we gained absolutely no sporting advantage from having him plodding around chasing shadows.

A bit harsh on the big man given that he’s a centre half !!

A bit harsh on the big man given that he’s a centre half !!
If it came across as me slating the boy himself then I can only apologise, as that isn't what I'm attempting to do. He gave his absolute all in both games, and did everything he possibly could have, but he simply doesn't have the athleticism, stamina or technical ability to be able to be a useful player at this level. The blame lies with Lennon for picking him, then the club for this admin gaffe. I've nothing against Fitzpatrick himself and wish him all the best.

25 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Mind when youse fucked up a 15 point lead and Caley won promotion? Fucking up yis again you smelly weedgie melts!!

I’m guessing geography wasn’t a strong subject of yours at school. Or English by the looks of it. 

Appeal:

Surely we need to try. It was the same error / offence / f*ck,  up repeated. If we drove with a defective headlight between Glasgow and Edinburgh and back the following week and got caught; this would be one penalty not 2. 

Perhaps Hearts would have been done likewise if the SFA hadn't bought them to book after the 1st incident? If we'd been sanctioned after Cowden game we wouldn't have done it again the following week.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Appeal:

Surely we need to try. It was the same error / offence / f*ck,  up repeated. If we drove with a defective headlight between Glasgow and Edinburgh and back the following week and got caught; this would be one penalty not 2. 

Perhaps Hearts would have been done likewise if the SFA hadn't bought them to book after the 1st incident? If we'd been sanctioned after Cowden game we wouldn't have done it again the following week.

I wouldn’t bother. They’ll simply uphold the decision and slap us with a big fine for trying. 

We should take the medicine and plan for the playoffs. 

There was some interesting chat on Radio Scotland earlier about this. Basically suggesting Scottish football needs to get a grip of reality. Some clubs fans can indulge in sectarianism with little or action from their clubs and fans can throw stuff and run onto the park and no action is taken by the football authorities. Yet someone overlooks sending a form or whatever to the league concerning a player who was registered with us anyway and we get done big time. Sure, rules are rules but they really need to tackle the bigger issues in our game. 

9 minutes ago, sydney said:

I wouldn’t bother. They’ll simply uphold the decision and slap us with a big fine for trying. 

We should take the medicine and plan for the playoffs. 

There was some interesting chat on Radio Scotland earlier about this. Basically suggesting Scottish football needs to get a grip of reality. Some clubs fans can indulge in sectarianism with little or action from their clubs and fans can throw stuff and run onto the park and no action is taken by the football authorities. Yet someone overlooks sending a form or whatever to the league concerning a player who was registered with us anyway and we get done big time. Sure, rules are rules but they really need to tackle the bigger issues in our game. 

Yes

4 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Berwick have done nothing wrong in this instance and they are 3 pts closer to relegation and possibly oblivion

2 hours ago, sydney said:

Putting Clyde’s position to one side, the league could relegate Berwick with this action. So Berwick could go down because of another club breaking the rules ? That is just wrong. 

1 hour ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Clyde may well be there, too.

The only part of the sanction I do not agree with is awarding the other teams the points.

This could lead to Berwick ending up out of the league .

Berwick have done nothing wrong, which is why Berwick haven't been punished in any way. Albion Rovers were wronged by their opponents playing an unregistered player against them, and they have been awarded a win as a result of that. Albion Rovers beat Stirling Albion today - who's to say they couldn't also have beaten Clyde had Clyde only fielded the players they were allowed to.

If Berwick Rangers get relegated this season, it will be because they are an awful team who have won four league games all season.