The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Clyde V Edinburgh (2nd March)

Being dragged by the wife through to Edinburgh to see the Jersey Boys Show (overnight stay as well)  so can't make this huge game for us - if anyone wants my season ticket stub for this game I'll gladly give it to them (FOC)  

Available to hand over at Hampden on Sat or Stirling next Tue ??

2 hours ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

Clyde V Edinburgh (2nd March)

Being dragged by the wife through to Edinburgh to see the Jersey Boys Show (overnight stay as well)  so can't make this huge game for us - if anyone wants my season ticket stub for this game I'll gladly give it to them (FOC)  

Available to hand over at Hampden on Sat or Stirling next Tue ??

Hold on to it mate, I'm sure any true Clyde fan without a season ticket would be more than happy to pay through the gate.

1 hour ago, macclyde+ said:

Hold on to it mate, I'm sure any true Clyde fan without a season ticket would be more than happy to pay through the gate.

Bit harsh; it's a very nice gesture from CATC and there could well be someone (or multiple people) on this forum who has/have been desperate to get to games all season, but simply cannot afford to part with £14, plus any additional costs, every few weeks. That doesn't make those folk any less "true fans".

Bit harsh; it's a very nice gesture from CATC and there could well be someone (or multiple people) on this forum who has/have been desperate to get to games all season, but simply cannot afford to part with £14, plus any additional costs, every few weeks. That doesn't make those folk any less "true fans".
So how are they going to afford to go to hampden or forthbank?
and is he providing free transport as well ?

Tell you what is harsh watching the comp brigade every week at broadwood The club was asking a few weeks back for fans to put in as much as they can and now it's give your used season ticket stubbs to whoever wants them sounds a plan

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

Sorry if it sounds harsh, it's a nice gesture but totally misplaced.

A couple of seasons back I took 7 or 8 mates up to the last game of the season,  great day out and I thought a good way of raising funds for the Bully Wee.

When I got there the Stewards were handing out spare vouchers to anyone who would take them, and as a result the club lost about a ton from my mates entrance fees alone (and god knows how much from others).

So forgive me if I don't concur with anyone handing season ticket vouchers out that results in the club losing money!!

If you lads are really all that concerned about one person getting in for free - whether they would have already been going or otherwise - then your best bet is probably to contact CATC, take his ticket and incinerate it IMO. The prevalence of comp tickets and en-masse season ticket voucher distribution are different matters entirely.

Edited by the_bully_wee

52 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Tell you what is harsh watching the comp brigade every week at broadwood

Stalker! 

Personally don’t have any issues with volunteers who work on match days getting in for nothing, but that’s not to say they don’t have season tickets anyway.  

Im not sure you know if they do or don’t!

too much good going on to get angry about things like this 

57 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Tell you what is harsh watching the comp brigade every week at broadwood The club was asking a few weeks back for fans to put in as much as they can and now it's give your used season ticket stubbs to whoever wants them sounds a plan

"The Comp brigade" haha! What areas of our support does that include?

Some fans financially back Clyde by going to games, others pay direct debits every month, others do it all. Not all fans have Clyde at the same point in their day to day priority lists . Let's be honest, if there's a free ticket for a game...it's a good thing to some folk. To judge that is just silly.

If someone who wouldn’t have gone otherwise uses a free season ticket stub then how is that a major problem? They might even enjoy the experience (as unlikely as that sounds) and decide to come back again, leading to more money in the long run. Season tickets are paid for already so holders should see fit to do with them as they please.

Usual mountain out of a molehill bollocks on here.

Very kind to offer the voucher and if it gets an extra body along to a game then great.  

The only occasion I didn’t like spare vouchers being dished out was last game of the season to people already in the queue to get in at the stadium. If they’re in the queue they’re obviously willing to pay in & it’s money lost for the club. If you’ve got spares then it’s great for them to get used but just not to others waiting with cash in hand. 

If nobody takes you up on the offer why not save it for the title party on the 27th April & get a friend along for the celebrations... 

If someone who wouldn’t have gone otherwise uses a free season ticket stub then how is that a major problem? They might even enjoy the experience (as unlikely as that sounds) and decide to come back again, leading to more money in the long run. Season tickets are paid for already so holders should see fit to do with them as they please.

Usual mountain out of a molehill bollocks on here.
Why didn't you take this up with the original poster?
Or is it just me you like to have a go at [emoji23]
Quite flattered [emoji16]

Just read the injury updates. Assuming Goodwillie won’t make Saturday, love might, and since he wasn’t mentioned Syvertsen probably will and didn’t need to be mentioned for an update. 
Yeah, doesn't look like Goodwillie will be available unless we are going for some misdirection. Got Stirling on Tue night as well so really need Syvertsen and Love back don't think we will get away with Fitzpatrick up front against them.

Stalker! 
Personally don’t have any issues with volunteers who work on match days getting in for nothing, but that’s not to say they don’t have season tickets anyway.  
Im not sure you know if they do or don’t!
too much good going on to get angry about things like this 
Who mentioned volunteers ?

I was referring to the amount of people who turn up at the turnstiles with comps

I'm sorry I made this gesture (still stands though) what I will say though is I have paid for my season book and i'll fucking decide what I do with my stubs and who I give them to - so if some are upset by that then tough fucking shit.

Enjoy the jersey boys couple of the mates have been says it's a really good show

The Edinburgh game will be a pretty tight don't see many if any goals 0 0 written all over it so don't think you will miss much

28 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Enjoy the jersey boys couple of the mates have been says it's a really good show

The Edinburgh game will be a pretty tight don't see many if any goals 0 0 written all over it so don't think you will miss much

You could be right, hopefully DG is back and we sneak a victory (a win would be absolutely massive).

Heard the show is really good. . . . .though never was a fan of Frankie Valli's voice (too high, someones squeezing his baws) :)