The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

3 hours ago, Abshok said:

The Bully Wee’s financial department doesn’t accept Australian Bank details for that £40 payment. IBAN numbers etc to exchange foreign currency on £40 doesn’t work for me.

Just out of interest, did your bank tell you they needed a routing number to transfer the money, was that the problem ?  It can happen for some overseas banks.  I don't know who Clyde bank with, but whoever it is would be able to tell them the relevant routing number, or even the SWIFT code.  IBAN's should work in the majority of cases.  If it's RBS, I know what all the codes are.  There's two routing numbers depending on whether they're sending via JP Morgan or Standard Chartered.  Or did you mean the charge your own bank applies to send an international payment is a bit severe ?

If Clyde use Paypal, that's an option.  If you're sending relatively small amounts over like £40 via PP, mark it as a gift.  That way they don't deduct their customary %....    

5 hours ago, Abshok said:

The Bully Wee’s financial department doesn’t accept Australian Bank details for that £40 payment. IBAN numbers etc to exchange foreign currency on £40 doesn’t work for me.

So I’ll just contribute via match ball sponsorship payments (even though they can’t get my business name correct) lol, lottery purchases, and other fund raising incentives I can manage to make up for not being a member.

Just interested in the financial topics considering how we’ve been in the past.IMG_4914.jpg

I did notice the error.

Other responses have covered what i'd ask, as a sizable percentage (at least 10%) of members are overseas based including Oz.

And i'd have thought when sponsoring match balls etc, usually some form of communication with the club GM takes place, i don't see why he wouldn't be of help in securing these for you. 

I'm sure you agree, if so concerned by our previous financial carryings-on, that this platform is not the place for what would be third-hand source material to be analysing them?

Have you emailed the club? I think it can be done via bank transfer aslong as they have your details. 

In all honesty it was laziness. Tried to do it, thought it was gonna be a simple process and then had to overcome a lot more obstacles than expected. So therefore said “I’ll do it later” and never came around.

So now I just help out where I can which usually amounts more to the money that I’d give in ownership anyways.

Just out of interest, did your bank tell you they needed a routing number to transfer the money, was that the problem ?  It can happen for some overseas banks.  I don't know who Clyde bank with, but whoever it is would be able to tell them the relevant routing number, or even the SWIFT code.  IBAN's should work in the majority of cases.  If it's RBS, I know what all the codes are.  There's two routing numbers depending on whether they're sending via JP Morgan or Standard Chartered.  Or did you mean the charge your own bank applies to send an international payment is a bit severe ?
If Clyde use Paypal, that's an option.  If you're sending relatively small amounts over like £40 via PP, mark it as a gift.  That way they don't deduct their customary %....    

Easy enough to do when buying the lottery from my end. But yeah the ownership just seems more of a challenge. I’ll sort it soon, it’s just laziness going through the process tbh ha.

28 minutes ago, Abshok said:

In all honesty it was laziness. Tried to do it, thought it was gonna be a simple process and then had to overcome a lot more obstacles than expected. So therefore said “I’ll do it later” and never came around.

So now I just help out where I can which usually amounts more to the money that I’d give in ownership anyways.

I thought that myself, ie paying in more, initially. From what you have said, you're certainly supporting the club to a greater degree than a £40 subcharge. I'd say on the basis that you're obviously unable to attend games often, you're doing far more than some who pay this fee, albeit the club may see it that a service is being provided through the channels you currenty do use and the membership provides a very different one. 

Its a shame these obstacles exist. I'll readily admit to being a tad facetious in forwarding the post that i responded with, if only to protect quotes from our FD from becoming public tit-for-tat, but given your input and eagerness to assist where you can, it's clear you'd be a better addition than large swathes of the current membership are. 

I thought that myself, ie paying in more, initially. From what you have said, you're certainly supporting the club to a greater degree than a £40 subcharge. I'd say on the basis that you're obviously unable to attend games often, you're doing far more than some who pay this fee, albeit the club may see it that a service is being provided through the channels you currenty do use and the membership provides a very different one. 

Its a shame these obstacles exist. I'll readily admit to being a tad facetious in forwarding the post that i responded with, if only to protect quotes from our FD from becoming public tit-for-tat, but given your input and eagerness to assist where you can, it's clear you'd be a better addition than large swathes of the current membership are. 

At the end of the day, anyone that’s willing to assist this club get back to where it belongs is what it’s down too. I see Scottish cup wins back in the day and to have this club down in the 4th tier of Scottish football is pish in my opinion.

Does anyone know if the club is considering a switch back to Full Time if certain targets are achieved?

15 minutes ago, Abshok said:

At the end of the day, anyone that’s willing to assist this club get back to where it belongs is what it’s down too. I see Scottish cup wins back in the day and to have this club down in the 4th tier of Scottish football is pish in my opinion.

Does anyone know if the club is considering a switch back to Full Time if certain targets are achieved?

That's the spirit. 

It's been alluded to recently that tying the manager to a longer, fuller contract was a primary target, but full-time football altogether would still be some way off. Personally i don't think it's something which should be considered until we are numero uno part-time club in the country, and consistently. 

I look at Alloa and Dumbarton's recent forays into Tier 2, and wish Arbroath well in theirs, and while very admirable of them fighting the tide, i consider us a bigger club with more to offer than any of those. If given the platform to expand to FT, i'd think it would be a logical move upon consolidation, like in the MacDonald days, with perhaps small steps like a half/half mix initially. 

Several, actually. 

There may be a generational gap here, and specifically to you, a definite intelligence gap to be able to understand it. 

Now f**k off. 

Go on then?

And a generational gap because I'm no ancient and living in the past? In the here and now you're miles behind us in every way.

24 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Several, actually. 

There may be a generational gap here, and specifically to you, a definite intelligence gap to be able to understand it. 

Now f**k off. 

With your high level of intelligence and understanding of the importance of a clubs history, I presume you see queens park as a top tier team, easily a level or two above Clyde?

If not, there is obviously a generational gap here.

45 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Go on then?

And a generational gap because I'm no ancient and living in the past? In the here and now you're miles behind us in every way.

Persistent little beaver, aren't you? 

I just noticed your hard-on mate Simon's waded in, so i'll keep this fairly general. 

One division, is NOT "miles behind/in front" whatsoever. Neither is a club's present standing set in stone; such a statement is fucking stupid. No one thought ten years ago Bournemouth or Huddersfield would be in the EP instead of Leeds, Villa, Forest etc, but they are, because football changes. Sometimes, Eaton, very quickly.  Recent times have been good to your main club (2 years? Fairly short-term, would you agree, Ryan?) and despite a dreadful, self-inflicted decade at my only club, which is NO problem of anyone else's, ours has shown signs of being far more promising than it has been for arguably a generation in football terms, and now with some steel behind it instead of bluffing wankers milking us for a payday, we appear to be getting into the sort of position to work to our potential. None of that is anyting to do with Arbroath's clear and concise better performance over ours in that period, and along with Alloa, they're enjoying themselves. Well done. And i repeat, my best wishes to them. 

Yet, they're never quite THAT far away, in truth. Despite how bad we've been, a bit of ambition and direction can close any gap you imagine to exist. The only reason you think you might be "miles" ahead is because nearly everyone else beneath the Championship are really only a slightly better version of L2, with equally shite crowds filled with idiots who can't see past the end of their nose, either. No one is likely to correct statements like that when you're top of the league, but you know us Clyde lads, we love sticking our nose in and putting people straight. You actually probably really miss us, as well! 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

43 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

With your high level of intelligence and understanding of the importance of a clubs history, I presume you see queens park as a top tier team, easily a level or two above Clyde?

If not, there is obviously a generational gap here.

Now that's just bonkers, Simple Simon. You're now into the centuries!!

For the avoidance of doubt, no. Queen's Park have maintained a degree of their ethos which saw them lose status very quickly, and appear thoroughly chuffed with themselves having done so, until now at least. 

Clyde and Arbroath have often shared a division, and on recent showings you have had only two seasons worse than ours ('14 and '16). Two L2 titles and an imminent further promotion might represent a halcyon period for you, but in our eyes, you're only keeping the seat warm for us. That's really just the way it is. The fact that Arbroath's best is never truly that far from our worst, is justification enough for my statement. 

Aggro.... In recent history, better crowds, better teams and won 2 possibly 3 titles compared to 0.

Clyde did used to be a pretty big club but a lot has changed and you've went backwards whilst we've improved and went forwards on and off the park. Average crowds up to 750-800, not too many better part time wise. Changes in the boardroom, massive changes to what we do in the community and to attract investment, loads of improvement to our own ground both for footballing and commercial reasons.

Meanwhile Clyde have seen attendances drop, have spent years in the bottom league, in a stadium they don't own not even sure where they'll be playing going forward for a period of time too and won precisely zilch.

League 1 is also a lot better than League 2. I realise it's been a while and to be fair the top end of League 2 isn't far off but there's no shite kicking about the bottom end like there is in League 2. The team we won the league with in L2 would've been battling relegation in L1.

I fail to see how you would offer any more than ourselves, Dumbarton or Alloa. To say it's extremely biased and deluded is an understatement.

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aggro.... In recent history, better crowds, better teams and won 2 possibly 3 titles compared to 0.

Clyde did used to be a pretty big club but a lot has changed and you've went backwards whilst we've improved and went forwards on and off the park. Average crowds up to 750-800, not too many better part time wise. Changes in the boardroom, massive changes to what we do in the community and to attract investment, loads of improvement to our own ground both for footballing and commercial reasons.

Meanwhile Clyde have seen attendances drop, have spent years in the bottom league, in a stadium they don't own not even sure where they'll be playing going forward for a period of time too and won precisely zilch.

League 1 is also a lot better than League 2. I realise it's been a while and to be fair the top end of League 2 isn't far off but there's no shite kicking about the bottom end like there is in League 2. The team we won the league with in L2 would've been battling relegation in L1.

I fail to see how you would offer any more than ourselves, Dumbarton or Alloa. To say it's extremely biased and deluded is an understatement.

I already outlined everything achieved in the recent period, Eaton. Paragraphs 1 and 2 are completely unneccessary, i have made no concessions, Arbroath have had a better 10s than Clyde. It isn't in doubt. Stop stamping your feet like a petulant six-year old just because i don't throw myself at the feet of a team who've done alright, and because i don"t consider it to be that the universe is finally aligned perfectly now that Arbroath are better than us, at this moment. By your logic, Arbroath shouldn't even get to be in the same stratosphere as Dundee United (another of your teams) yet may be sharing a division with them purely on merit very soon. How does that tally up with your mentality being beset by how things stand, just because they're good for you? What happens when they are not, but are good for others? 

When you were 9th in 2016, did you have belief in ambitions for greater success, or did you just readily accept it just like you appear to suggest we do, so that i don't attempt to discuss anything that may upset you or aim to ruin your fucking glory days? 

f**k sake. 

17 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

When you were 9th in 2016, did you have belief in ambitions for greater success, or did you just readily accept it just like you appear to suggest we do, so that i don't attempt to discuss anything that may upset you or aim to ruin your fucking glory days? 

As all good hard-on mates do, let me just wade in here.....

It's very simple. We accept that we are one of 20 odd part time teams in Scotland who will all have our ups and downs. I recently made a post on the Arbroath thread about how if Dumbarton, Alloa, Brechin etc. can have forays into the 2nd top tier and be competitive in the last 15 years then we certainly can also. So can Clyde.

I didn't go around sneering at Dumbarton etc. and saying how we were a bigger club. We're not a bigger club than Dumbarton. We're not a bigger club than Clyde. We don't have ideas above our station and think we're some sort of super part time team who are just here momentarily among the other diddies until we become the force we 'should' be. 

We accept what we are as a football club. It would make your life easier if you accepted what Clyde are as a football club. You are no bigger than the rest of us diddies, and you need to accept that.

Edited by SimonLichtie

30 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

As all good hard-on mates do, let me just wade in here.....

It's very simple. We accept that we are one of 20 odd part time teams in Scotland who will all have our ups and downs. I recently made a post on the Arbroath thread about how if Dumbarton, Alloa, Brechin etc. can have forays into the 2nd top tier and be competitive in the last 15 years then we certainly can also. So can Clyde.

I didn't go around sneering at Dumbarton etc. and saying how we were a bigger club. We're not a bigger club than Dumbarton. We're not a bigger club than Clyde. We don't have ideas above our station and think we're some sort of super part time team who are just here momentarily among the other diddies until we become the force we 'should' be. 

We accept what we are as a football club. It would make your life easier if you accepted what Clyde are as a football club. You are no bigger than the rest of us diddies, and you need to accept that.

But Simon, what exactly then IS your station? What do you believe your ceiling to be, and why should your club (in your opinion) only ascend to a certain level? You're about to enter tier 2. With that attitude, you'll bounce back out of it in 2 years or less. Peaks and troughs are generally natural phenomena in football, but no one endures the latter deliberately to maintain a balance. What's the fucking point in that, for anyone? 

I only picked on the clubs i did because they're the most recent, and logically for my club to succeed, yours and the others would need to be defeated for that to happen. The idea of false bonhomie among the 20-odd diddy clubs is exactly why every time there's a reconstruction, its those clubs who are targeted, and its nearly as bad an attitude held in the Premier for clubs salivating at visits from the not-so-old firm. It all sounds very backward to me, as I certainly have no kinship with any other club based on any shared trajectory or whatever, i'm also aware that Clyde could yet fall arse over tit this year and disappear back to the bottom half, and stay there, despite the genuinely best efforts of the club to succeed. How that is responded to - i believe Arbroath sacked two managers in relatively quick time to stop the rot of 'inevitable' "ups and downs", correctly - is the key to whether you're a diddy club or not. Not just your current abode or league position, as that can change almost overnight.