The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Good idea cfcuk,I'll join you.

There are so many ways the Club could look at generating income.i feel we miss a trick by not displaying club merchandise in the Arria Lounge where orders could be taken and delivered at the next home game.Like me there are many in the Lounge before the Club shop opens and do not have the time to go along post match.

I remember the successful open day when the MacDonald team came on Board.How about something like that next season but also geare to getting season ticket sales and pepole signed up to the 200 initiative.

Iam hopeful that the Chairman's message was just a rallying call and not a cry for help.

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Maybe us season ticket holders could pay into the next game thoughts?

Been there, done that and quite prepared to do it again, but is not the most effective way to do it, I seem to recall. 

A straight donation to the Club that does not go through the gate receipts means the Club gets full value.

6 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

Been there, done that and quite prepared to do it again, but is not the most effective way to do it, I seem to recall. 

A straight donation to the Club that does not go through the gate receipts means the Club gets full value.

Yes- HMRC will take 20% of gate receipts- a great gesture- but direct donation is best 

Or get tough with some of the freeloaders who come through the front door without a season ticket, who are not part of club 200 and generally take from the club without giving a dime
One thing the club could do is give out no comps for games the amount you see going to the office or simply walking through the front door does my brains in
Ok we are all in this together, well how about the players relatives , girlfriends, pals pay in ? Show a bit of solidarity

1 hour ago, Harry Haddock said:

There are so many ways the Club could look at generating income.i feel we miss a trick by not displaying club merchandise in the Arria Lounge where orders could be taken and delivered at the next home game.Like me there are many in the Lounge before the Club shop opens and do not have the time to go along post match.

That’s a great idea. Something simple but that I bet many would not have thought about. Arria Lounge is great pre match so the option of ordering club merchandise or buying things such as scarves etc on the day - items that aren’t going to empty your wallet could prove quite popular. 

I’ve read Norrie’s post on the website a few times & cant decide whether it’s a cry for cash or to an attempt to maximise revenue when there’s a good buzz & team doing well. 

If he was going to push something in the same position I’d push attendance. The team are doing well so let’s get as many through the gates as possible. We obviously need the team in the run in but they need us too. It’s a collective effort. 

Make the extra effort. Encourage an non regular to go more often. Get someone back who has stopped going for whatever reason. Get youngsters in when team is doing well & encourage them to keep coming. 

Don't know if this would catch on or if it would work but the Glasgow Clan do a draw called 'Shirt off the back' at each home game where you pay a £1 or £2 for a raffle ricket and the winner of the raffle gets the matchday jersey of a player selected by the club before the game. 

Even if 100 people pay a quid a time, the jerseys 40 to buy for punters (I'm assuming less for the club to buy) so there's at least a profit of £60 per home game.

It's not much per week but over the course of almost 20 home games a season it's a nice small boost. Every little helps and all that...

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

8 hours ago, DeanMck said:

Im up for paying into next home game instead of using season ticket. Good idea.

Alternatively, people could increase their 200 fund entries. As per the post above, having to declare on matchday revenue actually reduces the amount which goes to the club itself. 

14 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

Or get tough with some of the freeloaders who come through the front door without a season ticket, who are not part of club 200 and generally take from the club without giving a dime

Thought that was a dig at me there!

2 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Alternatively, people could increase their 200 fund entries. As per the post above, having to declare on matchday revenue actually reduces the amount which goes to the club itself. 

I'm sure there was a way to pay more via the 200 fund ie people could enter twice and would be allocated two numbers and so forth 

50 minutes ago, David W said:

Only team in Scotland not to sign anyone this transfer window #lennonout

The fact no-one probably cares is obviously a good sign.

A very good sign, everyone feels quite content with the squad we have and believe we are capable of winning the league, normally sitting hitting the refresh button tonight.

When you read the forums etc it does demonstrate the backing the club is getting from the fans ,generated by a top notch chairman and manager and playing squad who are now delivering on the park
The real way to increase income is for the crowds to increase and they are gradually which is a good sign . You can't suddenly expect all the fans who gave up going to games to suddenly flock back on mass because of an 11 game unbeaten run , but hopefully the message is getting out that the football / atmosphere / match day experience is totally different to even 12 months ago If they come back for a game I'm sure they will return , that said even some who can't make games or don't come regularly contribute through 200 club and other initiatives [emoji106]

17 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

How many tickets does the average fan have.

Dividing average attendances by the number of participants, approximately 0.39 per head. Of course the actual figure will be a lot less, as not all will be supporters of the club. It needs to be pushed to the maximum, in my opinion.