The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Yea, did raise a bit of consern when I read it. I assume that is why we have not added during the window. 

Performance wise and squad quality that is fine we don’t need to add to the squad if finance is an issue. Reinforces the fall out from the Scottish Cup exit.

Probably the one big mistake made  (and he has had justified criticism ) by Danny since arriving that he did not put 100% into the Cowdenbeath game in terms of team selection. 

11 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Yea, did raise a bit of consern when I read it. I assume that is why we have not added during the window. 

Performance wise and squad quality that is fine we don’t need to add to the squad if finance is an issue. Reinforces the fall out from the Scottish Cup exit.

Probably the one big mistake made  (and he has had justified criticism ) by Danny since arriving that he did not put 100% into the Cowdenbeath game in terms of team selection. 

Excluding the Old Firm and Aberdeen, clubs at any level don't normally budget for cup progression and certainly David Dishon is on record in the past as saying that Clyde don't budget for it so that shouldn't really be an issue when it comes to finances.

Danny did get his team selection wrong in the Scottish and Irn Bru Cups and he's made it harder for himself in that he's not had the luxury of extra funds above his budget to strengthen. We're doing just fine with the players we've got anyway.

I don't think it's any secret that money is tight at the moment.

We 've only had one home game this year and will only have one in February so cash flow is bound to be an issue right now.

As far as the bigger picture is concerned,  I don't have a problem digging as deep as I can afford if we want to attract/keep players of the caliber we currently have..

I would imagine that most fair minded Clyde supporters will feel the same way.

This is normally the stage clubs at this level feel the pinch. Initial cash flow from season tickets etc tends to be used by now. Without the cup run last year the financial results were worse. We’ll be in a similar position I would think but Norrie doesn’t appear to be the type of person to accept that and I think this is a push to sort that rather than us haemorrhaging money.

Well we all certainly hope it’s that.

Excluding the Old Firm and Aberdeen, clubs at any level don't normally budget for cup progression and certainly David Dishon is on record in the past as saying that Clyde don't budget for it so that shouldn't really be an issue when it comes to finances.
Danny did get his team selection wrong in the Scottish and Irn Bru Cups and he's made it harder for himself in that he's not had the luxury of extra funds above his budget to strengthen. We're doing just fine with the players we've got anyway.

So you know we budgeted to go out the cup first time of asking ?

I don't think it's any secret that money is tight at the moment.
We 've only had one home game this year and will only have one in February so cash flow is bound to be an issue right now.
As far as the bigger picture is concerned,  I don't have a problem digging as deep as I can afford if we want to attract/keep players of the caliber we currently have..
I would imagine that most fair minded Clyde supporters will feel the same way.
Spot on [emoji122]

34 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
3 hours ago, Fat Sally said:

I’m no accountant, but it would make sense to budget for only having 1 Scottish Cup game when you have no guarantee of getting through it. 

The more fans we can get turning up to our home games is the easiest and quickest way to help the cash flow at our club,  I've persuaded my son to come (season ticket holder at Parkhead) along with one of his mates next time we are at home and they are away and I'll pay them into watch us (and they are not getting the use of my season ticket stubs :lol:)

33 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:
2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Thats exactly how it works and its been confirmed before. You dont budget for income thats not guaranteed.

Exactly, budgeting for income that's not guaranteed is dangerous.

It's been hinted that budget pressures are a result of having no cup run which looks like we may indeed have gambled on having a cup run when signing players.

Last year's loss was explained as a result of no cup run. There wouldn't be a loss if a cup run wasn't budgeted for in the first place.

Edited by Fat Sally

Last year's loss was explained as a result of no cup run. There wouldn't be a loss if a cup run wasn't budgeted for in the first place.

Was that statement not made in comparing last year's results to the previous years in which we had a decent cup run that resulted better financial figures?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure it was stated at the meeting that we do not budget for a cup run.

9 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Was that statement not made in comparing last year's results to the previous years in which we had a decent cup run that resulted better financial figures?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure it was stated at the meeting that we do not budget for a cup run.

My apologies if that's the case and I'm delighted to hear it.

How was the loss from last year explained? It wasn't just a drop in turnover. We actually had to take out a loan for working capital.

My understanding from subsequent communications was that the lack of a cup run meant the budget was tight.

Edited by Fat Sally

As the one who probably started the Cup funding debate, the point I was really making was that the cup run would have been helpful if we are finding cash flow an issue at this time of year. It’s always been stated in the past that we don’t budget for a cup run.

I trust David D..to keep our budget within safe limits.

Suppose it could also be the Chairman is  quite rightly trying to cash in on the feel good factor around the club and the on field run we are currently on, who knows?

Edited by FREDDYFRY

What is the big panic about ? The chairman has asked the fans to help anyway they can maybe I missed it did he say we are about to go down the tubes ?

As stated this time of year is pretty fallow for clubs (not in the cup) and the way fixtures have went we have only one home game January/ February .We have the best squad in years with a real chance to go up , that isn't done on fresh air .Maybe some would rather the previous regimes model of flirting with the lowland league and Zero ambition think we all know why some liked that situation I think the lack of match sponsorship etc has to be looked at are we actually asking companies in the area , mind you having told the locals it's crap and EK is the land of milk and honey doesn't help I critised the chairman heavily at the start but the whole club is turning around probably the best I have seen since the McDonald days Time to back him as much as we can

Maybe us season ticket holders could pay into the next game thoughts?

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

What is the big panic about ? The chairman has asked the fans to help anyway they can maybe I missed it did he say we are about to go down the tubes ?

As stated this time of year is pretty fallow for clubs (not in the cup) and the way fixtures have went we have only one home game January/ February .We have the best squad in years with a real chance to go up , that isn't done on fresh air .Maybe some would rather the previous regimes model of flirting with the lowland league and Zero ambition think we all know why some liked that situation I think the lack of match sponsorship etc has to be looked at are we actually asking companies in the area , mind you having told the locals it's crap and EK is the land of milk and honey doesn't help I critised the chairman heavily at the start but the whole club is turning around probably the best I have seen since the McDonald days Time to back him as much as we can

Maybe us season ticket holders could pay into the next game thoughts?

That’s an incredible gesture- be interesting to see if any fellow ST holders would go with that.

I don’t think there is major reason for panic- tough time of year due to timing of SFA payments and also- not sure quite how profitable home games are with crowds still around the 550- 600 mark.

Stewarding- staff- rental- etc- I’d say with attendances like this we’ll do well to break even.

We need more to come and watch us- to increase the profit versus the current standing  costs for home match days.

All business’s face periods during their fiscal year where cash flow is a challenged- this appears to be what this is.  Hopefully creditors will be accommodating- and we as fans can do everything we can too.