The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Guest andyp1301
5 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I'm not sure that giving an 18 month contract to someone who has only started 6 games since October is a good decision given our tight budget.

Admittedly he's still young and relatively inexperienced but has he really been as good as some on here seem to think?

However, now we've signed him, I'd like to see him playing on the right wing again. I think he looked better there than on the left.

I'll defer to Danny Lennon's judgement and I hope he's a great success.

Do you know details of our budget?

He’s clearly impressing the management team in training and they must see him devoloping well towards becoming an asset.

Will you drop Danny a note with your opinion on his best position?

if you were able to defer ( without giving your opinion) to Danny, you most probably wouldn’t have posted this.

Do you know details of our budget?
He’s clearly impressing the management team in training and they must see him devoloping well towards becoming an asset.
Will you drop Danny a note with your opinion on his best position?
if you were able to defer ( without giving your opinion) to Danny, you most probably wouldn’t have posted this.
Don't know our budget but I do know we made a significant loss last year and we have had no cup run this season so I'd imagine the budget is tight.

I'm perfectly willing at to admit that Danny Lennon knows more about football than I ever will. I also admit that Lennon sees the young boy in training and is in a better position to judge.

However, we're allowed to have an opinion on what we see on a Saturday otherwise P&B would be redundant.

Did you disagree with Ferguson when he re-signed Higgins and Scott McLaughlin or did you just think Ferguson knows better?

The majority of posts, discounting the ever present sex scandal ones, are fans opinions on the respective merits of players, positions and their ability.

All are just opinions. No one is suggesting Danny Lennon should takes note.

Feel free to disagree with me. I won't take offence. Just as I'm sure Danny Lennon won't take offence at my insignificant opinion.

Did you disagree with Ferguson when he re-signed Higgins and Scott McLaughlin or did you just think Ferguson knows better?

He was well sussed as a complete clown well before then so every decision he made was called into question.

In Danny’s case I think we can cut him some slack and trust his decision.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Actually, yes. And very loudly, too. Many saw through Ferguson very early, others were later to the party. The real problem was having to accept the wisdom of those who could not or would not sack him. 

Please never include that fanny in the same sentence as Lennon, ever again. 

9 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I'm not sure that giving an 18 month contract to someone who has only started 6 games since October is a good decision given our tight budget.

Admittedly he's still young and relatively inexperienced but has he really been as good as some on here seem to think?

However, now we've signed him, I'd like to see him playing on the right wing again. I think he looked better there than on the left.

I'll defer to Danny Lennon's judgement and I hope he's a great success.

Have you ever considered teaching a cop-out class? Christ almighty. "I think he's shite, but if the manager turns him round i'll like him". 

Be a good idea to check your turds for creosote, HD. 

Have you ever considered teaching a cop-out class? Christ almighty. "I think he's shite, but if the manager turns him round i'll like him". 
Be a good idea to check your turds for creosote, HD. 
Would you prefer if I said that "I think he's shite and I hope he turns out to be"?

Why would I?

Neither would be true but don't let that stop putting words in my mouth.

4 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Would you prefer if I said that "I think he's shite and I hope he turns out to be"?

Why would I?

Neither would be true but don't let that stop putting words in my mouth.

I'd prefer if you spoke/posted as objectively about matters you're unsure of, as those you ARE sure of. Shortfalls in budgets were NOT among your reasoning for trusting F****son with his shite signing policy, yet Danny Lennon must be watched like a hawk in how he disperses his funds? 

Or would those matters have more to do with who was supplying the budget at the time? 

You seem far more cynical, during a period of consistent club growth and player development, than you ever were when we were complete pish, in my opinion. 

You seem far more cynical, during a period of consistent club growth and player development, than you ever were when we were complete pish, in my opinion. 

Your opinion is wrong

I'm really not more cynical with the current regime. You'll see plenty of criticisms of Ferguson's time at the club of you can be bothered. Maybe you just chucked me in with the happy clappers.

Clyde seem to be moving in a positive direction after years of stagnation. I welcome that. Why would any Clyde supporter not?

I'm confused why you think that's relevant to what may appear to be a slightly negative opinion about our most recent signing. It's it wrong to hope a Clyde player is a success but not be confident he will be?

Just because I don't share your willingness to have extreme opinions of all things Clyde doesn't mean I shouldn't post my "creosote" opinions.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Your opinion is wrong

I'm really not more cynical with the current regime. You'll see plenty of criticisms of Ferguson's time at the club of you can be bothered. Maybe you just chucked me in with the happy clappers.

Clyde seem to be moving in a positive direction after years of stagnation. I welcome that. Why would any Clyde supporter not?

I'm confused why you think that's relevant to what may appear to be a slightly negative opinion about our most recent signing. It's it wrong to hope a Clyde player is a success but not be confident he will be?

Just because I don't share your willingness to have extreme opinions of all things Clyde doesn't mean I shouldn't post my "creosote" opinions.

By all means post whatever you wish to, if it helps with this dose of pixelated incontinence you've been laid low with lately. It's no wish of mine to stifle discussion, whatsoever. 

I don't particularly believe that anyone being supportive, dismissive or indifferent has any relevance to whether a player succeeds or not. John Rankin got pelters for three months, and indeed i'd have dropped him at that stage. Look at him now. Belmokhtar, on the other hand was championed as the Mahrez of L2, to much ado, and look how that turned out. The implication that either Kris is shite or Lennon is good, leaves a bit to be desired.

The key to Syvertsen, is how Lennon utilises him. He's good enough to be signed ona permanent basis. But for the manager, most his entire first-choice eleven (Currie, Stewart and DG aside) started in a different role to the one they now play. Appropriately, that exact scenario is what we now have upcoming, in looking for a temporary solution at 9. 

David Gormley going on to bigger and better things.......from Pollok’s Website. 

David Gormley has been released by the club in order to sign for amateur side Nico’s of the Strathclyde Saturday Morning League. He has battled injury all season and despite that, fired in five goals for the club since August. All at Newlandsfield wish him all the best for the future.

On 23/01/2019 at 20:15, haufdaft said:

Ignore the quote. 

I see Peterhead have taken Sutherland from Elgin. I can't help but feel this is doubly good news for us, as while i can't say i rate him that highly, he has often been a decent performer for his parent club who might now struggle to replace him. The fact he's gone to Balmoor very possibly also means at least one less 'good' attacker is likely to feature for Peterhead if they're letting one of their current four go to accomodate him. 

Recent news post on the club website is concerning. Seems like we are desperate for a cash injection if Norrie is begging the fans to dig in to their own pockets.

The football we are playing is great, but I worry about the cost. 

Edited by Xervish

Yea, did raise a bit of consern when I read it. I assume that is why we have not added during the window. 

Performance wise and squad quality that is fine we don’t need to add to the squad if finance is an issue. Reinforces the fall out from the Scottish Cup exit.

Probably the one big mistake made  (and he has had justified criticism ) by Danny since arriving that he did not put 100% into the Cowdenbeath game in terms of team selection.