The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Don’t imagine we’ll do that much in January, with Gorman and (apparently) Karim away, I’d only expect 1 or 2 in. 

Still have a pretty big squad and we have added Kris in past couple of weeks I think we would have to move on some more to release some wages or maybe someone on loan ?

27 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Still have a pretty big squad and we have added Kris in past couple of weeks I think we would have to move on some more to release some wages or maybe someone on loan ?

I think the priority should be a striker, on loan or permanent to help Goodwillie. Personally don’t think Syvertsen should be starting. 

Edited by SLClyde

It would hardly be a massive surprise if Karim has taken the huff and fucked off would it. He hardly had a glowing reputation for professionalism at Edinburgh or Peterhead. He is far too greedy anyway and not a team player, not a massive loss if he has chucked it.

44 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Just thought he'd use the loan system like last season

To be fair, that's something Lennon's steered clear of where possible. DC and JB are the obvious ones, but we'd never have found their calibre for free in Scotland. Adam Martin was his only other loan, iirc, as Lamont was a Chapman loanee. CMS, Ray, Tom, Ally and big Kipre were all full Clyde players which kinda defeats a perfectly decent song otherwise. 

43 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

It would hardly be a massive surprise if Karim has taken the huff and fucked off would it. He hardly had a glowing reputation for professionalism at Edinburgh or Peterhead. He is far too greedy anyway and not a team player, not a massive loss if he has chucked it.

Based on the stories we'd been given from our currently-placed superiors, the situation of course was a gamble but like the post above, finding viable alternatives is clearly very difficult.  Belmokhtar didn't, and neither Syvertsen or Lyons look likely, of nailing down a place. Having cover is one thing, but combining wages of potentially moved-on fringe players to accumulate a competitive wedge to bring in more quality would serve us better as we approach the must-win games like Saturday coming up. 

The team now appears reasonably settled, although the defence-midfield communications need to improve drastically if we're to maintain our unbeaten run. 

Bit of muscle to play beside Goodwillie, and the same plus some legs to swap-out for Nicoll and allow us to play four across the middle. At that rate, we'd have the same success ingredients as have served Edinburgh as well as they have. Difference is, we'd then be fully unleashing a better player in the form of Goodwillie, for example; Edinburgh don't have that quality.

Fancy we could make the run-in interesting if we made those signings. Otherwise, we'll falter but secure a play-off nonetheless.

As always I understand about 34% of what he's written but it's impossible not to be encouraged, motivated, and convinced that we're firmly heading upwards. 
Even with my Nat 3 English qualification, I can only understand 18%.

It does worry me that these statements and proposals being so verbose may hide some important detail or controversy. (perhaps deliberately?)