The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

8 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

Exactly in my opinion. This is what this forum about, everyone’s different opinions.

It’s all a bit pedantic now. As I said in a previous post, if you hear information from a good friend you’d have no reason to distrust it. Second hand information or not.

It’s only Danny that’s “breached” employee confidentiality and duty of care, not AR.

Indeed as i said. But isn't this a considered point before posting? In my eyes, the issue isn't necessarily the content, but it's the will behind it. And that is open to question for everyone. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

Just noticed that Ayr United have 36 points after 18 matches, the exact same return as us. Interesting when you think of the plaudits they have received this season (granted against far better opposition).

Our points return at this stage of the season is very decent and would normally have us right up there, we are unlucky that the form of the top 2 in our league has been ridiculously good.

Saturdays game is massive as a win there would really bring us back into play.

We really are in an impressive run with being unbeaten in nine. We really need to make it count on Saturday, as if we lose then winning the league would become a mountainous task.

Indeed as i said. But isn't this a considered point before posting? In my eyes, the issue isn't necessarily the content, but it's the will behind it. And that is open to question for everyone. 

Exactly and I question the will behind your posts that seeks to demean the OP. Now that sounds like ego stroking to me.

13 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

Exactly and I question the will behind your posts that seeks to demean the OP. Now that sounds like ego stroking to me.

Just so i understand this correctly..

Only an egomaniac would conjure the will to take to task the author of a post featuring not one word witnessed from the horse's mouth; notwithstanding first the personal and then highly likely contractual issues that come with the alleged incident(s), already taking up valuable time by individuals at the club hopefully to ensure Belmokhtar's safety as paramount, but also to protect the club's position on an unfortunate episode, which one might think it detrimental to post it here, on these pages? Only an egomaniac would question this? 

Eta: We're unbeaten in eight games which matter. 

I posted here as I thought it would likely be brought up at one point given it had been said by the manager on an open forum to Clyde fans (and possibly non Clyde fans) in attendance at the Arria Lounge. A genuine mistake on both fronts.

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Just noticed that Ayr United have 36 points after 18 matches, the exact same return as us. Interesting when you think of the plaudits they have received this season (granted against far better opposition).

Our points return at this stage of the season is very decent and would normally have us right up there, we are unlucky that the form of the top 2 in our league has been ridiculously good.

Saturdays game is massive as a win there would really bring us back into play.

In the 8 and a half seasons since we dropped into League 2, after the 18th match-day was completed:

36 points is the best tally of any third place team (level with QP in 14-15).

36 points would be second in the league in 6 of the 9 seasons (and 37 points is the previous best prior to Peterhead's 41 with a game in hand this season).

36 points would top the league in 4 of the 9 seasons. However, in the others we'd be a bit off the top (45, 44, 43, 40, 39).

Of course, there's rarely been a season where teams 4-10 have been so diabolical. We are doing well, there's obviously been a big improvement from our first half last year (17 points to be precise) but we should have more points than we do.

6 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

I posted here as I thought it would likely be brought up at one point given it had been said by the manager on an open forum to Clyde fans (and possibly non Clyde fans) in attendance at the Arria Lounge. A genuine mistake on both fronts.

Stop fucking apologising. If the manager says something into a microphone in front of a packed Arria Lounge then it's in the public domain.

Some people just raging they didn't hear it first from their pet club official.

You didn't make a mistake.

Absolutely nothing wrong with your original post.

Are all Clyde fans, except the beer swillers, to be ignorant of public comment from our manager?

Maybe we should put the pre-match preview and the managers audio after-match interviews behind a firewall, only to be read and listened to under the bed covers.

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

No idea why some people are getting their knickers in a twist about this. Updates from Lennon were posted on here from the Arria lounge, 2nd or 3rd hand in some cases, about Hopkirk and Stewart and nobody gave a shit then.

Not strictly true, Jack. The Curious Case of Jordan Stewart has been an ongoing saga since September. Again, largely down to 2nd and 3rd hand confusion with the seemingly inconsistent official story. And his whereabouts and welfare were confirmed, by his reporting for training.  It's good to have him back. 

On a totally separate note, good to see the Christmas raffle raising an excellent total of just under 7 grand for the club. 
Yeah will certainly be welcome income and another boost for the coffers The Glasgow Branch sponsoring the game on Saturday another excellent effort from these guys having already sponsored match ball early in season well done guys unsung heroes [emoji122]

Not forgetting their shirt sponsdhip at start of the season [emoji106]

Don’t imagine we’ll do that much in January, with Gorman and (apparently) Karim away, I’d only expect 1 or 2 in. 

Still have a pretty big squad and we have added Kris in past couple of weeks I think we would have to move on some more to release some wages or maybe someone on loan ?