The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

18 minutes ago, fandabbywee78 said:

It’s a sad state of affairs that you have to pre-empt incredulous questions from your own fans, when it was DL who said it. Given it was said on Saturday and there was a large number of people in the Arria you would have thought it would have made it’s way round by now. Not even questions, just downright put downs over it, smacks of people raging that they weren’t in the know.

You get to know from posters over the years who the BS’s and ego strokers are. AR isn’t one of them.

In your opinion. 

It's still going on second-hand information, and from what i've heard, none of the words used here were involved. Which i'd consider the right thing to do, from a employee confidentiality and also a duty of care perspective. 

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'm not asking what he didn't say.

What exactly did Danny say? You criticised someone for misquoting.

I didn’t- I criticised someone for spreading gossip which  by his own admission he didn’t hear first hand- Danny merely conceded “Karim was away” in conversation- not as a public announcement to the room.

My point was- why the need to introduce his room-mates to the topic? Why the need to undermine Club officials who are most likely dealing with the matter.

and from what i've heard, none of the words used here were involved.

You're criticising someone for using second hand information by using second hand information.

I didn’t- I criticised someone for spreading gossip which  by his own admission he didn’t hear first hand- Danny merely conceded “Karim was away” in conversation- not as a public announcement to the room.

My point was- why the need to introduce his room-mates to the topic? Why the need to undermine Club officials who are most likely dealing with the matter.

If spreading gossip is limited to only first hand information then this forum will be much less interesting.

If Danny has told people at the Arria that Karim is away, it seems reasonable for it to appear on P&B.

If the OP was told that Danny had made reference to "room mates" by someone he trusts, why not post it? He thought it had been stated in a public forum.

9 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Danny said in the Arria that Karim had missed training and when the boys he was sharing digs with got back, he was just gone

I did hear it first hand 

Well, if he did, he did- but the point still stands- why does this have to be put out there by someone not even in the room when it’s said?

Why is it AR’s apparent duty to spread this stuff out and beyond the Clyde community.

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

You're criticising someone for using second hand information by using second hand information.

If spreading gossip is limited to only first hand information then this forum will be much less interesting.

If Danny has told people at the Arria that Karim is away, it seems reasonable for it to appear on P&B.

If the OP was told that Danny had made reference to "room mates" by someone he trusts, why not post it? He thought it had been stated in a public forum.

A-ha, Haufdaft. No i am not. I'm saying i heard differently, but stopped short of publishing it as there is a human being's position being discussed with next to f**k-all relevant information in the (open to public) threads up until that point.

My source may have also been mistaken. Thankfully, Mantis Toboggan corroborated the exact phrase i was informed Danny used.

Edited by Officer Barbrady

Well, if he did, he did- but the point still stands- why does this have to be put out there by someone not even in the room when it’s said?

Why is it AR’s apparent duty to spread this stuff out and beyond the Clyde community.

Who said it was my duty? I just posted something the manager publicly stated around a player being discussed on this thread.

Maybe Lennon didn't think it was going to be put out on an open forum or put on social media at all Its a bit like the injury updates the training reports in how we might set up for Saturday games
Most clubs would deal with this in the usual manner stating the player has terminated his contract by mutual consent (even if it isn't the case ) and I'm sure that's the way it will be done
Nobody on here has any idea why the guy isn't at training , yet feel free to plaster it over the internet he has gone AWOL.

You should be asking why Danny Lennon felt the need to spill these beans. If anyone, he should be the one criticised.

Should the secret be known only by Arria customers and not by other Clyde fans? Does the willingness to buy a pint before the match give you special status within the club?

5 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Maybe Lennon didn't think it was going to be put out on an open forum or put on social media at all Its a bit like the injury updates the training reports in how we might set up for Saturday games
Most clubs would deal with this in the usual manner stating the player has terminated his contract by mutual consent (even if it isn't the case ) and I'm sure that's the way it will be done
Nobody on here has any idea why the guy isn't at training , yet feel free to plaster it over the internet he has gone AWOL.

The whole fallout affair frankly is Danny Lennon's fault. What else did he think would happen? 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

13 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Who said it was my duty? I just posted something the manager publicly stated around a player being discussed on this thread.

You actually implied it in an earlier post 

thought it was Information known to some (those that were in attendance at the Arria) and not all Clyde fans so would put it out there for those to make what they choose of it. “

You actually implied it in an earlier post 
“thought it was Information known to some (those that were in attendance at the Arria) and not all Clyde fans so would put it out there for those to make what they choose of it. “

Certainly not meant to come across that way.

I was there and heard it first hand. DL’s exact words about Karim was that he “seems to have done a runner” as he hadn’t turned up to a couple of training sessions and his roommate had stated that all his things were gone.

As other posters have said if there’s anyone to blame for this being in the public domain it’s Danny only, not someone who brought it up on P&B.

FWIW if I hadn’t have been present and a good and trusted friend of mine had passed on this information, I would have no reason not to trust it.

In your opinion. 

It's still going on second-hand information, and from what i've heard, none of the words used here were involved. Which i'd consider the right thing to do, from a employee confidentiality and also a duty of care perspective. 

Exactly in my opinion. This is what this forum about, everyone’s different opinions.

It’s all a bit pedantic now. As I said in a previous post, if you hear information from a good friend you’d have no reason to distrust it. Second hand information or not.

It’s only Danny that’s “breached” employee confidentiality and duty of care, not AR.

Yeah how dare we talk about it when it was already out in the open?

Is it your “apparent duty” to decide what can and can’t be be talked about “beyond the Clyde community”?