The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Albion Rovers, the worst team in Scotland, scudded by almost every other team at home, we win 1-0

Berwick Rangers - last minute winner. Clyde team only turning up for second half

Queens Park - easily defeated with dreadful performance

Cowdenbeath, again easily beaten. 2-1 with another dreadful performance.

Danny Lennon's honeymoon is definitely finished.

Shoehorning Rankin and Lang into the team as fullbacks is absolute nonsense. The manager has to accept his share of responsibility.
Take it you were there today Lang was one of our better players maybe you woukd like to have a go at some of the rest of the heartless players playing today
So tell me what did Lang do wrong ?
I agree on Rankin he shouldn't even be in the team period

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Yeah that is a strange one, we have plenty of decent options at the back and he hasn't exactly excelled himself in midfield.

Willingly going out of the cups to a colts side and Cowdungbreath is an embarrassment and makes no sense, surely it is easy revenue if nothing else!

Willingly going out the cups, easy revenue?

Roaster alert.

Bet you were 1 of the deluded at the start of the season that thought you were going to win the league with ease.

Had to laugh when you all got excited when Rankin signed. Said then and will always say, absolutely rotten football player and a great example of why Scottish football is at the level it is when players of his qualities make a living in the game.

52 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Albion Rovers, the worst team in Scotland, scudded by almost every other team at home, we win 1-0

Berwick Rangers - last minute winner. Clyde team only turning up for second half

Queens Park - easily defeated with dreadful performance

Cowdenbeath, again easily beaten. 2-1 with another dreadful performance.

Danny Lennon's honeymoon is definitely finished.

Shoehorning Rankin and Lang into the team as fullbacks is absolute nonsense. The manager has to accept his share of responsibility.

Barry no that bad efter awe ?? 

Roaster alert.
Bet you were 1 of the deluded at the start of the season that thought you were going to win the league with ease.
Had to laugh when you all got excited when Rankin signed. Said then and will always say, absolutely rotten football player and a great example of why Scottish football is at the level it is when players of his qualities make a living in the game.

Not just in Scotland there are players in every country who have made a living from football or played at a much higher level than they are at technically because of their work rate, fitness and attitude, which helps the overall team.

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

Roaster alert.

Agree reference rankin

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not just in Scotland there are players in every country who have made a living from football or played at a much higher level than they are at technically because of their work rate, fitness and attitude, which helps the overall team.

In good teams, all the players should have work rate, fitness and attitude as a basic necessity, along with some actual ability for their sport. They are paid athletes but should have specific talents for their sport as well.

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Barry no that bad efter awe ?? 

Barry Ferguson lost Scottish Cup games to Spartans and formatine. So aye he was in terms of Cup games. 

Today was perfect for nicol, but instead drops him for rankin. Just play Stewart at left back and drop rankin. Two huge games coming up and I have no confidence we’ll get anything from either. 

Hopefully today shows Lennon that Stewart is by far the best left back we have. Rankin should be dropped as Nicoll and Grant have been better in his position. 

I’d still like to see Boyle start the next game. I feel as if he needs a run of games to get into his rhythm and will be like he was last season on the Broadwood pitch  

I assume the reference to Barry as opposed to Danny is tongue in cheek reference, we are night and day as a team / club from Fergusons tenure.

That said, I am conserned that in recent weeks we have lost our way that is not in question. Fortunately, I have been on holiday for last 2 games and the Tenerife all inclusive deal has slightly tempered my disappointment but the harsh reality is that Lennon has to earn his corn in the coming weeks. Some brave decisions have to be made. Or simple desisions if you look at it... Cudihay and Stewart as full backs (no brainier) and  either Rumbsy or Lang beside McNiff. 

One of Nicoll, Rankin, Grant in Cental midfield and is Karim an impact player off the bench? personally I'm a Grant voter but I'm not the manager. Nicoll, for me is a stick on for away games like today but not starting at Broadwood (last 20 to see a game our, same with Rankin, yes) Lamont always a start for me.  

Boyle and Cogill I think were impulse signings as they became available at the time but actually in cold light of day not what we needed. 

I think unfortunately, we are a year short of going up and I take no pleasure in saying that but evidence seems to be pointing that way. I am 100% behind Lennon and think he will succeed but as said before some brave team selections are required, upsetting a few within the squad will be required I'm afraid, but as I say Lennon has to stand up and earn his corn... Still a long way to go in terms of the league standings.

13 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

A bit concerned that DL has become unsure as to his best line up.

Think that's the main problem just now, and it's dangerous territory especially when you're dealing with so many young players who typically need a run of games playing in a consistent position

From all the players I've seen, might not be the worst idea to try a 3-5-2, with Lang, McNiff and Cogill being the 3. Cuddihy and Stewart on either side's a no brainer then take your pick of the central 3.  For me, Grant is the best passer of the ball so needs good runners beside him who in turn have the ability to create chance for the front two who'll undoubtedly put most of them away.  I'd likely go for Lamont and Boyle, but McStay has a case also

I know we come up against 'big strong teams', but we dont have players to go toe to toe on that basis, and it's still L2 level opposition, the talent we have should play around them anyway.  

But whatever he decides, he'll need to give them a consistent run to gel as a team because at late October, the starting line up should be more settled. 

Think that's the main problem just now, and it's dangerous territory especially when you're dealing with so many young players who typically need a run of games playing in a consistent position

From all the players I've seen, might not be the worst idea to try a 3-5-2, with Lang, McNiff and Cogill being the 3. Cuddihy and Stewart on either side's a no brainer then take your pick of the central 3.  For me, Grant is the best passer of the ball so needs good runners beside him who in turn have the ability to create chance for the front two who'll undoubtedly put most of them away.  I'd likely go for Lamont and Boyle, but McStay has a case also

I know we come up against 'big strong teams', but we dont have players to go toe to toe on that basis, and it's still L2 level opposition, the talent we have should play around them anyway.  

But whatever he decides, he'll need to give them a consistent run to gel as a team because at late October, the starting line up should be more settled. 

The ability in squad isn't the problem considering it's league 2 we have some good football players For me the problem is desire and heart , we have lost the last two games to teams who wanted it more who were prepared to battle put in tackles and basically throw bodies in to block the ball and work right to the end for me I won't say this about all our players but there is a core who are not interested when the going gets tough. I have to disagree you won't get out of this league trying to play fancy football week in week out.

On a final note of Lennon's 7 summer signings

Not one is a regular starter complete and utter waste if our player budget

The whole team revolves around the form of DGW he hasn't played well ( by his high standards) the guy has basically carried us since he came to the club

Next 4 games shapes our season

19 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Hopefully today shows Lennon that Stewart is by far the best left back we have. Rankin should be dropped as Nicoll and Grant have been better in his position. 

I’d still like to see Boyle start the next game. I feel as if he needs a run of games to get into his rhythm and will be like he was last season on the Broadwood pitch  

Boyle has skill but too lightweight for this division. Loses possession too easily and too frequently. Needs to toughen up and demonstrate better on field judgement if he's going to make it. 

Cracking support through yesterday gave the team great backing that with 200 club season tickets , donations from supporters club think it's pay back time from management and players I doubt there is any fans in this leagues putting in money like we are ( willing to be proved wrong ) get it sorted